Kobe Bryant Past And Present..

chris98251

Reaction score
And the ABC guy was suspended for the incorrect story and information.

D

DomeHawk

I don't want to say that the woman was lying, but she did refuse to testify against him. After reading more about the incident, it's a "he-said - she-said" event in my mind.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":2h2phj5a said:
And the ABC guy was suspended for the incorrect story and information.

He was suspended for inferring that all 4 children were also on board the helicopter.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3hpfdyou said:
I don't want to say that the woman was lying, but she did refuse to testify against him. After reading more about the incident, it's a "he-said - she-said" event in my mind.

I think SCH has provided a great deal of information regarding why she may have opted against testifying. To be fair, its a pretty damning list of nefarious pressure tactics placed on the girl.

I think it's less a "he-said, she-said" and more of a "what he thought was happening, what she thought was happening".. if that's even possible.

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":341p4zr8 said:
DomeHawk":341p4zr8 said:

I think SCH has provided a great deal of information regarding why she may have opted against testifying. To be fair, its a pretty damning list of nefarious pressure tactics placed on the girl.

I think it's less a "he-said, she-said" and more of a "what he thought was happening, what she thought was happening".. if that's even possible.

That's just another way of saying "he-said, she-said."

But, she shows up at the rape exam with panties containing another man's semen and pubic hairs? Later explains she "accidentally" put on dirty panties? Had tried to commit suicide multiple times in the four months prior to the alleged incident?

C'mon, this is a mentally unstable young woman who's testimony about virtually anything should be suspect.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
This article explains how the Kobe story catalyzed #metoo: https://www.salon.com/2020/01/31/kobe-b ... -misogyny/

People are less likely now to accept how the victim was treated then--including how her name and some details, like those above, were "inadvertently" released to the press during the year-long fight that ensued for her to bring the case to criminal court.

That doesn't make them lesser victims, but what it made her here is more of one, because that stuff should not have been made public.

It's not impeachable for people to have psych histories or shag people the night before they go to work. That doesn't make them less a victim.

Nowadays, reasonable people look at the fact that the evidence shows the victim did not want to be just paid off like Kobe Bryant wanted, and we know this because the cops said he told them that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DomeHawk":ziur1e5q said:
Uncle Si":ziur1e5q said:
DomeHawk":ziur1e5q said:

That's just another way of saying "he-said, she-said."

But, she shows up at the r@p* exam with panties containing another man's semen and pubic hairs? Later explains she "accidentally" put on dirty panties? Had tried to commit suicide multiple times in the four months prior to the alleged incident?

C'mon, this is a mentally unstable young woman who's testimony about virtually anything should be suspect.

It's not the same in my opinion. The difference is whether one thinks something was permitted over that never happened. One has a larger gray area. But probably just semantics.

I also bristle at the notion she was mentally unstable. It's very likely she was traumatized and had no idea how to react. She was also desce see upon by very intimidating forces as well as a mounting need to defend herself instead of the accuser, all in a global wide story.

Something happened. That's obvious given how Kobe responded. Placing any blame on the victim is not just folly, but dangerous.

My only question is how this impacts Kobes legacy. It seems some are will willing to ignore it or wash it away with indignation, which I think is SCHs biggest complaint.

acer1240

Reaction score
I think Si's take on this is where I'm leaning.

He raped that poor girl. His large cash payout does not change anything.

I wonder what his stance on victims rights was.

The week long tributes have been nauseating.

His ass should have been in prison rather than taking 50 shots a game while maybe getting 1 assist.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I read another story during his impending divorce in 2011 due to continued infidelity he cheated on his wife with over a 100 women...the link I found was taken down but did name some female rappers I've never heard of plus some laker girls and some other lower end celebs. Probably doesnt make him any worse than a lot of athletes or celebs that can get ass easily. He has been portrayed as a saint but looks like he grew up later in his career and life and focused on his kids and business ventures. He was a larger than life sports figure in so I'm okay with the tributes for his play and for his family.