LA Chargers

253hawk

Reaction score
What a crappy organization. No wonder the Mannings wanted nothing to do with them.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/berniewilson/status/900798690616528896[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
Rams did the same thing to one of their Equipment managers a couple years ago. I think he as there about 40 or so.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":1wuwkkng said:
Rams did the same thing to one of their Equipment managers a couple years ago. I think he as there about 40 or so.

YES. We've been calling it the Spagnuolo move.

Spag was one of the worst human beings to ever be associated with the Rams. He did so many disgusting things, like tearing down all posters and images of the GSOT.

That was a StL Rams time. Sorry to see the brand new Los Angeles Chargers are following such a horrible concept.

RedAlice

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1dykm4ai said:
mikeak":1dykm4ai said:
RedAlice":1dykm4ai said:
XxXdragonXxX":1dykm4ai said:
The Chargers moving to LA was a monumentally poor decision, not only foe the Chargers, but for the Rams to. They're a bad franchise moving to a city that gets easily apathetic with bad football teams. Now the Chargers are going to take away fans from the Rams who might have stood a chance if it was only 1 team. Theyre playing in a tiny soccer stadium, and by the time the new stadium is built, Rivers will be pretty close to retiring, the Chargers will be cellar dwellers in what is right now a great division.

Theyll be in San Antonio in less than 8 terrible seasons.

:177692: :177692:

Um: there is NO WAY IN GOD'S GREEN EARTH OR FIRE BENEATH IT, that the Chargers are taking fans away from the Rams.

Check current attendance. Check anything. That is some funny BS you got right there.

They may not take FANS away from the Rams

The best performing team will most definitely take ticket sales away from the other team.

Visitors to LA that wants to see a game, locals that like football but don't care about either team YET will go with the winning team. Kids that are just excited to hear there is a football team in town will go with one of these and sometimes the opposite of their friends or parents just to spite them.

It is delusional to think that if the Chargers are performing on the field it will not take seats away from the Rams. Now it could be argued that if both do marginally well they may simply help each other by building interest in the town, but if one performs crappy and the other gone good - good luck

Only an idiot would pay to watch Jared Goff play football.

:D :D :D

RedAlice

Reaction score
mikeak":35cle9ec said:
RedAlice":35cle9ec said:
XxXdragonXxX":35cle9ec said:
The Chargers moving to LA was a monumentally poor decision, not only foe the Chargers, but for the Rams to. They're a bad franchise moving to a city that gets easily apathetic with bad football teams. Now the Chargers are going to take away fans from the Rams who might have stood a chance if it was only 1 team. Theyre playing in a tiny soccer stadium, and by the time the new stadium is built, Rivers will be pretty close to retiring, the Chargers will be cellar dwellers in what is right now a great division.

Um: there is NO WAY IN GOD'S GREEN EARTH OR FIRE BENEATH IT, that the Chargers are taking fans away from the Rams.

Check current attendance. Check anything. That is some funny BS you got right there.

They may not take FANS away from the Rams

The best performing team will most definitely take ticket sales away from the other team.

Visitors to LA that wants to see a game, locals that like football but don't care about either team YET will go with the winning team. Kids that are just excited to hear there is a football team in town will go with one of these and sometimes the opposite of their friends or parents just to spite them.

It is delusional to think that if the Chargers are performing on the field it will not take seats away from the Rams. Now it could be argued that if both do marginally well they may simply help each other by building interest in the town, but if one performs crappy and the other gone good - good luck

The honest difference is right now that Rams have a built in fanbase that is strong. Chargers can't match that.

And, yes - it does matter if the team wins for the fans who are not already Rams fans.

In LA right now though, more Rams players are known than Charger players already. Both teams have been sucking.

Yet, attendance and fans are higher for the Rams. And sorry, I just am close friends with too many Charger fans to think they are a winning team. Their losses crush the souls of their fans, as they seem to do it at the last minute.

Anyway, it's a new year, let's see how it goes.

eta: also, there seems to be this impression here that Chargers are a good team. They won 5 games last year, Rams won 4. Rams have made a ton of changes to the team, Chargers did change out the coach. Also, in the "fight for LA" - Rivers, the QB they need to promote, will continue to live in San Diego. He is an older guy, with like 13 kids and he is very UNLIKEABLE.

RedAlice

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":23xdqvfk said:
RedAlice":23xdqvfk said:
XxXdragonXxX":23xdqvfk said:

You think that the Rams will have 100% of the fans in a city with 2 teams? Even if its an 80-20 split, thats still bad for the Rams chances in fickle LA.

What? I never ever said 100% of the fans in in LA.

Rams have a solid base, and it's only growing. I said: Chargers are not taking fans away from the Rams. Chargers are trying to get new fans. Rams already have fans, and those fans are growing.

How the hell you took that to mean I said Rams will have 100% of LA is you smoking something.

I expect that most of the initial fans for the Chargers will come from Orange County. (which is between San Diego and LA for those of you who don't know that).

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
RedAlice":3qlogpsz said:
XxXdragonXxX":3qlogpsz said:
RedAlice":3qlogpsz said:
XxXdragonXxX":3qlogpsz said:

You think that the Rams will have 100% of the fans in a city with 2 teams? Even if its an 80-20 split, thats still bad for the Rams chances in fickle LA.

What? I never ever said 100% of the fans in in LA.

Rams have a solid base, and it's only growing. I said: Chargers are not taking fans away from the Rams. Chargers are trying to get new fans. Rams already have fans, and those fans are growing.

How the hell you took that to mean I said Rams will have 100% of LA is you smoking something.

I expect that most of the initial fans for the Chargers will come from Orange County. (which is between San Diego and LA for those of you who don't know that).

The Rams and Chargers are both trying to gain new fans. There is no way in hell that the Rams will be supported solely by their LA base that they gained 20 years ago. Many of those fans have moved on to new teams, stopped watching football, or died.

So, when I said the Chargers would be taking away fans from the Rams, I was talking about all the fans that are going to be choosing between 2 teams noe that their city has a team, some of them will choose the Chargers whem they would have chosen the Rams if it was just 1 team. i.e., the Chargers will steal fans from the Rams.

My entire point is that the Chargers being in LA is bad for the Rams. LA hasnt been able to keep 1 football team in town, now they have to keep 2? The Chargers never stood a chance moving to LA, but now theyre sabatoging the Rams to.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The LA thing is simple..The team who is winning will draw more fans.A lot will be bandwagon ones who will jump to the other team.You see this among Chicago and New York baseball teams.
In some years both will suck and one will have a better core which will be the Rams but with that TV money split among all teams it really does not matter in the big scheme of things.
In the long run I see that tv money drying up some as the average fan cannot afford to go to games and will not just watch on tv and ha ha on cable.
In the long run I see the Rams staying and Chargers leaving because they will not get a seperate stadium in LA.
Thats just my 2 cents

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
So, what is the name of the new soon to be stadium??? I know....Dodge RamCharger stadium. :stirthepot:

You can thank me later. :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
RedAlice":3p487ec3 said:
Also, in the "fight for LA" - Rivers, the QB they need to promote, will continue to live in San Diego. He is an older guy, with like 13 kids and he is very UNLIKEABLE.

Rivers is a national treasure, how dare you.