Lacy vs redskins (yards guesses) & other running backs

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":1fhwo1zd said:
Anthony!":1fhwo1zd said:
Not sure on yards I just hope we are not pig-headed and run and keep running even if it does not work and get ourselves into a hole. We need to keep the offense as is and if the run works great if not oh well

Yeah Wilson running for his life and getting pressured, sacked and hit almost at 50 percent drop bac rate. Good plan Anthony, after the odds have caught up to him escaping injury of a significant nature we can then watch you blame them for depending on the pass to much and lack of protection.

right and having 3 and out or Wilson having to stand around and wait for 7 yard routes to be run and get open is better after we get nothing running it is better right? Let's see passing on first when most won't think we will, or 3rd and long when everyone knows we have to pass. HMM

Josea16

Reaction score
Anthony!":3ju3kyxb said:
chris98251":3ju3kyxb said:
Anthony!":3ju3kyxb said:
Not sure on yards I just hope we are not pig-headed and run and keep running even if it does not work and get ourselves into a hole. We need to keep the offense as is and if the run works great if not oh well

Yeah Wilson running for his life and getting pressured, sacked and hit almost at 50 percent drop bac rate. Good plan Anthony, after the odds have caught up to him escaping injury of a significant nature we can then watch you blame them for depending on the pass to much and lack of protection.

right and having 3 and out or Wilson having to stand around and wait for 7 yard routes to be run and get open is better after we get nothing running it is better right? Let's see passing on first when most won't think we will, or 3rd and long when everyone knows we have to pass. HMM
I think you mean 7 step drops which aren't possible with this OL unless Duane Brown is God. But I agree we should put the game in Wilson's hands and go from there.

Hopefully it sets up the run but until Carson and Procise are in and fully healthy that's a pipedream.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Lacy 12 carries for 23 yards before they abandon the run all together.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Smellyman":3r9utc2j said:
Lacy is Charmin soft and has sloth like quickness.

10 yards on 10 carries.

I see it the same way

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":7q11e0bb said:
chris98251":7q11e0bb said:
Anthony!":7q11e0bb said:

I don't agree with you too much but on this I can.
I think whatever gets 8 men out of the box:Rollouts,Shotgun quick passes and Playaction on various downs will open up the run game.RW can be our running game with the safeties split :D

bigskydoc

Reaction score
massari":23exniu3 said:
They're gonna run the ball to Duane Browns side a lot and someone will rush for over 100.

No. You see that’s what everyone expects. Instead, we are going to run right, with Ifedi and Graham as the lead blockers. They will never see it coming.

I’m told I need to put this here. :sarcasm_off:

Ozzy

Reaction score
chris98251":25bk2qz5 said:
Anthony!":25bk2qz5 said:

I sort of agree with him. I hope Lacy proves me wrong but I'm not optimistic we have any running game today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

adeltaY

Reaction score
Cyrus12":k98apayd said:
Lacy 28 yrs on 16 carries
Rawls minus 6 yards on 4 carries and a fumble
Procise hurt as usual
Mckissic 8 yards on 5 carries. 10 yards rec on 4 catches

Aaaawww cmon man our boy JD is averaging 6.0 yards per reception.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
I’m going to say 48yds, 12 carries, one around 10yds. About half of what Petes hoping for, but just enough to start a new Lacy needs more carries/Lacy sucks thread.

But I too hope I under estimated and are proven wrong.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would really like to see a real screen to the RB's with blocking set up, we rarely use them Lacy does have good hands and a few would reduce the pass rush on Wilson, also clearing a side and have the RB leak out from pass blocking to that space for a naked screen. a few of those and the pass rush and the stacking the box for the run becomes detrimental, we then can maybe actually have running lanes.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Looks like divine intervention ruled the day,. Lacy did indeed get the lions share of the carries and was actually finding some gaps to run thru, and was starting to put together some numbers, but then he came out reporting a groin injury, and is done for the day.

So Thomas Rawls, by default gets his turn in the barrel and started finding his gaps and creases as well. His runs were more productive than Eddy's, and as I'd hoped and envisioned, Rawls looked like the smash mouth RB of old, when he was putting up numbers that impressed Marshawn Lynch.

I think of all our RBs, that Thomas was the one who most benefited from Marshawns influences and most emulates his running style. If our O-line can continue to open up some running lanes for Rawls, , and he can stay healthy, we could see the return of the running threat thats been missing in Seattle for way to long.

Equally important, It would also invalidate the thought that Rawls was all washed up, and put the blame squaely on the shoulders of the O-line, where it rightfully belongs.