Largent #3 on NFL Network's "Top 10 Greatest Hands" list

Johnny

Reaction score
Never got to watch him live as a fan but all the highlight reels on youtube and stuff like that, he was an amazing player.. I love this hit, need to start calling him Steve 'Bam-Bam' Largent :D

[youtube]LMmQkNT65Do[/youtube]

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Zorn and Largent where the two cuties that made me a Seahawk fan for life. Watching that segment on NFL Network brought back so many memories. I feel sorry for the youngins here that never got to witness it while it happened.

bluengreen

Reaction score
I figure one of the WRs ranked higher is Rice, who was the other?

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
bluengreen":3is026qz said:
I figure one of the WRs ranked higher is Rice, who was the other?
10. Marvin Harrison
9. Lynn Swann
8. Sterling Sharpe
7. Jerry Rice
6. Kellen Winslow Sr.
5. Fred Biletnikoff
4. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Steve Largent
2. Raymond Berry
1. Cris Carter

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
GREAT LIST. Right up my alley.

Awesome to see some love flowing this way. Is it possible for a teams recent success and (albeit growing) respect to have an impact on it's older players/history gaining respect as well? Just something to kick around.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Johnny":qk3flcxy said:
Never got to watch him live as a fan but all the highlight reels on youtube and stuff like that, he was an amazing player.. I love this hit, need to start calling him Steve 'Bam-Bam' Largent :D

[youtube]LMmQkNT65Do[/youtube]
that is one of my all favorite plays. I posted it in another thread. Largent was great to watch.

Rocket

Reaction score
So the Legion of Boom started with a Hall of Fame receiver decades ago. :th2thumbs:

That there was some Bad-assed Boom!
Good stuff.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I was at that game, we couldn't wait to get home after the game to watch "the hit" where Largent decleated Hardin....... Today under Rog Goodell's flag football rules that would have been a penalty. Sad how far the game has fallen.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
"You begin to drool about two yards before that."

One of my alltime favorite quotes :th2thumbs:

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
That's one play I'm actually glad I saw on TV instead of live: with the camera angle on the live feed, you don't even see Largent until he hits Harden so it was even more of a surprise.

vanillasuede

Reaction score
I used to love watching him twist up All-Pro CB's and it was obvious they had no idea what route he was going to run. Here are a few quotes....

So how did all of this happen to a supposedly too-small (5-11, 191), too-slow (4.6 seconds for 40 yards) kid from Tulsa – a player Raiders Pro Bowl cornerback Lester Hayes once dubbed “The Caucasian Clydesdale”? That answer is best supplied by those who played against Largent, and with him.

“I’ve observed and absorbed a lot from him,” Lester Hayes later said of Largent, when he also altered his descriptive reference tag from “The Caucasian Clydesdale” to “The Great Steve Largent.” Continued Hayes, “He’s totally different from the typical jock. He has no ego. That’s unique for someone with such accolades. His strength comes from a higher power. You can’t explain Steve Largent by computer – he doesn’t belong on an NFL field. You put his size and speed in an IBM computer up in Silicon Valley, it would chew up his data card and laugh. He ran stuff nobody had ever seen at the time. He’d run an out-hook-and-go; then a double-out-and-go; then a hook-and-cross; then a pivot-and-go. Some of the most exotic pass routes in the NFL began with him.”

And Largent only continued to refine and redefine those routes. Just ask Albert Lewis, who was a Pro Bowl cornerback for the Kansas City Chiefs when Largent was running all those routes for the Seahawks.

“I study wide receivers as much as anybody, and Steve Largent never ran the same route the same way two weeks in a row,” Lewis once said. “And that was amazing. You’re preparing for him to do something off a move, then he’d break another way and make the reception. You really couldn’t get a read off him.”

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... cce0750b44

hawker84

Reaction score
Watching that clip, seeing John L and Warner in the backfield, largent, Kreig under center, Man that was some talent on this team..

Latest posts