Lebron James (ugh) now quoting Russell Wilson

Cartire

Reaction score
253hawk":qpmsrfnp said:
*cough* THE DECISION - sponsored by GATORADE™ *cough*

The world's biggest self-blowjob, live on television.

Dude, a truckload of money pulls up to your house. "Yes sir, Ill be apart of this..."

Thats as simple as it is, and anyone thinking they have some higher integrity can jump on the delusion train.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Cartire":3h8sze25 said:
bmorepunk":3h8sze25 said:
Throwdown":3h8sze25 said:
What exactly has he done to be seen like Richard Sherman is outside of 12 land?

The way he left Cleveland is what made me appreciate him losing in Miami (although the way Boozer left Cleveland was way worse). However, I recognize how great of a player he is, and he's not any bigger of a douche than Jordan or other top guys that have played. I'm also annoyed by the overexposure of "Super Teams" like the Heat (and the Celtics before they blew it up and LA). But I'd rather see the non-superstar team win it. I'd even rather see the fairly low-key Thunder win it; that's pretty severe coming from a Sonics fan.

I always respected the way the Spurs have been run since getting drafting Duncan. The Pistons were doing the same thing for a while there too.

The idea that James is somehow stealing Wilson's material is laughable. These sports aren't original when we're talking about what's coming out of players and coaches mouths. Wilson has personality, but let's not act like most of what he says isn't just football cliche'.

Everyone likes an underdog story. But basketballs lack of parity due to a few super athletes being able to carry teams makes over exposure commonplace.

I love Lebron. I have no idea where he comes off as pompous. The guy is currently the best in the league, by a wide margin, and one of the best all time (not the best yet, time will tell). Guy knows hes one of the best, and still keeps an even keel. I sense the hate is 80% jealousy for most fans. As an earlier posted example, theres not much difference in relation to Richard Shermans situation.

I agree on Sherman; if he were on another team (particularly a division rival) most of the people that love what he says would hate him. I think his some of his interview antics are ridiculous, but I perceive him playing a character to an extent. Russell Wilson does the same, just a positive one. I was trying to explain to an Eagles fan I know who hates Sherman that I found Tate to be far more actually dickish, but Sherman is just very verbal.

If the Sonics still existed and James was their player I obviously would like having him, just like I enjoyed having GP on the team. I do recognize that there is a double-standard at play. Many other people aren't willing to do the same. I'm not putting these guys on a personal pedestal though; it's just fun to watch the games.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Cartire":3l51f1n9 said:
253hawk":3l51f1n9 said:
*cough* THE DECISION - sponsored by GATORADE™ *cough*

Dude, a truckload of money pulls up to your house. "Yes sir, Ill be apart of this..."

Thats as simple as it is, and anyone thinking they have some higher integrity can jump on the delusion train.

There are a lot of people who won't do certain things for money if something isn't important to them. I've been working at roughly half the salary I could be making for over a decade, but going to the places that would take me and pay me substantially more is a huge trade off for me <morally>.

However, James' job is in entertainment and if he spends a part of a day making a bunch of money and the downside is animosity of people he doesn't have to deal with it's probably a good trad off for most. It's not like he hurt anyone; some people seem to be wrapped up in sports as much as politics.

There is/was a lot of hate for players leaving the Seahawks to get more money or reps somewhere else (Tate being the strongest recent example). I'd imagine if you spent your whole life focusing on a sport that you have few options outside of that sport unless you capitalize them yourself; the most money you can make in the short term becomes a priority for a lot of guys.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Cartire":2ib7w5t2 said:
253hawk":2ib7w5t2 said:
*cough* THE DECISION - sponsored by GATORADE[TRADE MARK SIGN] *cough*

You don't think he would have gotten paid as much, if not more, in Cleveland?

Cartire

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1njswju4 said:
Cartire":1njswju4 said:
253hawk":1njswju4 said:
*cough* THE DECISION - sponsored by GATORADE[TRADE MARK SIGN] *cough*

You don't think he would have gotten paid as much, if not more, in Cleveland?

Was commenting on the endorsement deals that came from the decision. Couldnt care less what team he chose.

JGreen79

Reaction score
No issues with LeBron and hope the heat can come back and beat the Spurs. If he was indeed quoting Russel and not one of the hundreds of people who've said it before, there would be no one better in sports to be quoted by today really.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Haters, haters all over

Jordan was an even bigger jerk and didn't get this kind of hate.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Jordan to my knowledge never said that he didnt mind losing because he knew we would wake up to our boring, miserable lives. He also never wrote a letter to his father he never knew and tweeted it. (I get he knew his dad.) Social media is a huge part of it. The decision also was a joke. He also didnt do it for the money which he donated. He did it Kardashianesque self promotion. He could do a thousand things for money and charity.

His flopping is also super annoying. I cant stand Kobe but at least he can take a foul and he knows he is a jerk and doesnt apologize for it or pretend he isn't.

rcaido

Reaction score
bmorepunk":spck8sef said:
Throwdown":spck8sef said:

The way he left Cleveland is what made me appreciate him losing in Miami (although the way Boozer left Cleveland was way worse). However, I recognize how great of a player he is, and he's not any bigger of a douche than Jordan or other top guys that have played. I'm also annoyed by the overexposure of "Super Teams" like the Heat (and the Celtics before they blew it up and LA). But I'd rather see the non-superstar team win it. I'd even rather see the fairly low-key Thunder win it; that's pretty severe coming from a Sonics fan.

You're not a Sonic fan....

bmorepunk

Reaction score
rcaido":u505m4m1 said:
bmorepunk":u505m4m1 said:
Throwdown":u505m4m1 said:

You're not a Sonic fan....

You're right, because there is no Sonics team. And given that Ballmer is taking his funding to the Clips there might not be for a really, really long time. I used to love the NBA but when they took the team I only have a passing interest. The Spurs getting a win tonight would make me happy, though.

Since I have no interest in baseball or hockey the only team I have left is the Seahawks. I might be done with pro sports if something ever happened to them, even though I keep moving around and being near other teams. I tried to get into the Wizards, but seriously, I just can't.

Throwdown

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":onyk50wb said:
Jordan to my knowledge never said that he didnt mind losing because he knew we would wake up to our boring, miserable lives. He also never wrote a letter to his father he never knew and tweeted it. (I get he knew his dad.) Social media is a huge part of it. The decision also was a joke. He also didnt do it for the money which he donated. He did it Kardashianesque self promotion. He could do a thousand things for money and charity.

His flopping is also super annoying. I cant stand Kobe but at least he can take a foul and he knows he is a jerk and doesnt apologize for it or pretend he isn't.

Jordan also didn't unfairly get comparisons to the greats before him either, he never received the amount of ridicule ever in his career that LeBron has since he was in HS, I don't care who you are, eventually you'd snap. Did you guys not like what he said cuz it's true? Or are you really concerned with how others feel about it? Get real man. Everyone hates the winner, the great one, why? Cuz they look at it as unfair. But no one wanted to talk that unfair crap in the 90's when the Bulls had Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman, or when the Jazz had Malone and Stockton, no one said SPIT when Shaq joined LA! But all of a sudden it's a problem if LeBron does it? I legit hate talking LeBron with people cuz of the hypocrisity. You wanna wine about players joining forces, blame how these teams run their rosters they can't build a team without paying for one unless it's the Spurs or very unfortunately the Thunder. But hey keep on the ridiculous hate, just don't hate him for stuff that's been going on for years, just admit you guys hate him for being great.

I can't feel sorry for Cleveland, ever, and I can't understand why Seattle fans would as well, they lost one man and bitched and cried and rioted like they lost their god, it was disgusting. We lost a whole damn team and no one speaks up for us except ourselves. No love for Cleveland in the least bit.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Throwdown":1cn8wwlx said:
Haters, haters all over

LeBron has never done anything like what Jordan did to destroy Kwame Brown's confidence. Jordan was a great player, but a terrible human being.

When Nothing Else Matters is the only basketball book that I have in my house. It's still fascinating years later.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":22mwpn82 said:
Throwdown":22mwpn82 said:
Haters, haters all over

LeBron has never done anything like what Jordan did to destroy Kwame Brown's confidence. Jordan was a great player, but a terrible human being.

When Nothing Else Matters is the only basketball book that I have in my house. It's still fascinating years later.
That's not why Kwame sucked.

lsheldon

Reaction score
The "Why Not Us" statement was a great mantra for Russell and the Seahawks because we had never won a championship. From James it just comes across as unoriginal trash.

Throwdown

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2b7zd0kd said:
Smelly McUgly":2b7zd0kd said:
Throwdown":2b7zd0kd said:
Haters, haters all over

No, it isn't, but still Jordan is a jerk but beloved by BILLIONS around the world.

Kobe is beloved as well even though for the early part of his career his PR could be compared to LBJ's, but have you all seen the stories of his interactions with team mates? Most notably the Shaq situation, and most recently it's come to light how he was towards Smush Parker, Parker wasn't even allowed to talk to Kobe his time with the Lakers.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
hawknation2014":2j0ysuwj said:
Smelly McUgly":2j0ysuwj said:
Throwdown":2j0ysuwj said:
Haters, haters all over

Well, it's a good thing that I didn't say "Jordan is the whole reason Kwame sucked," then, huh?

What I did say is that what Jordan did to destroy Kwame's confidence is Exhibit A of many such exhibits as to how much worse Jordan is than LeBron. Go find Jordan's pathetic Basketball HOF induction speech for Exhibit B.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":4h9erw8k said:
hawknation2014":4h9erw8k said:
Smelly McUgly":4h9erw8k said:
Throwdown":4h9erw8k said:
Haters, haters all over

Well, it's a good thing that I didn't say "Jordan is the whole reason Kwame sucked," then, huh?

What I did say is that what Jordan did to destroy Kwame's confidence is Exhibit A of many such exhibits as to how much worse Jordan is than LeBron. Go find Jordan's pathetic Basketball HOF induction speech for Exhibit B.

Kwame sucked because Kwame sucked. He has small hands and terrible shooting mechanics. That had nothing to do with Jordan.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I don't hate Labron or the Heat. I just enjoy watching the Spurs team philosophy more. In fact I see the Spurs as being a much closer comparison to the Seahawks than the Heat are. I also find it interesting that according to insiders the Heat are contemplating bringing in Carmello the ball squeezer next season if they can't beat the spurs. Of all the counter moves to make why would they want to add a guy who will hog the ball and fail to play defense?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Throwdown":2cby2sb3 said:
hawknation2014":2cby2sb3 said:
Smelly McUgly":2cby2sb3 said:
Throwdown":2cby2sb3 said:
Haters, haters all over

No, it isn't, but still Jordan is a jerk but beloved by BILLIONS around the world.

Kobe is beloved as well even though for the early part of his career his PR could be compared to LBJ's, but have you all seen the stories of his interactions with team mates? Most notably the Shaq situation, and most recently it's come to light how he was towards Smush Parker, Parker wasn't even allowed to talk to Kobe his time with the Lakers.

One thing you can say about Kobe and Jordan is they were tough. Lebron is too pampered and weak to be respected.