Lets Call A Spade A Spade

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Blandino said the play was called dead. Where are you guys hearing it wasn't. It seems as though it wasn;t as the ball was snapped and the kicker went through the motions of kicking it. Just getting 2 different explanations.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3bplox86 said:
Blandino said the play was called dead. Where are you guys hearing it wasn't. It seems as though it wasn;t as the ball was snapped and the kicker went through the motions of kicking it. Just getting 2 different explanations.

The play was absolutely not blown dead. I have it on my dvr.

Seafan

Reaction score
The refs sucked once again but it wasn't one sided. The Bills held the Hawks the entire game and that was obvious PI on the throw to Kearce at the 2.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1k6z3quo said:
johnnyfever":1k6z3quo said:

The play was absolutely not blown dead. I have it on my dvr.

Yup, no whistles and the opposing team kept playing, so why shouldn't Sherman.

And a hell of an acting job by Carpetener. From on the ground writhing in pain to jumping up and ready to kick in a instant. Never saw him flexing the knee to see if it was okay. Total sellout to get what would have been a bad call.

davidonmi

Reaction score
the refs were terrible. they screwed up that delay of game badly and let the bills get away with multiple false starts and lots of holds.
Yeah maybe it favored us on the FG. however I don't believe it was one sided

too many reviews and commercial breaks. let's face it the product is lacking right now.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Richard Sherman is a smart football player. The reason he blocked the kick was because he knew he was offsides, if he stops there and lets the kicker kick the ball through the uprights they can decline the penalty and keep the points. I believe its the same idea as a free play.

Also, can we stop talking about being on the right side of officiating. I honestly think people are paying too much attention to the kick before the half. Was it really that big of a deal that we need five separate posts about how the Bills got screwed. They didn't and the game for the most part was officiated fairly.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The field goal call non-roughing call was one the on-field refs got right.

It's a joke for the NFL talking heads to weigh in and say it should have been a personal foul. That's the NFL being drama queens and trying to stir the pot. The announcers were probably instructed to play this up by a producer behind the scenes. Makes for better drama and fits the storyline better.

The Seahawks are being cast in the role of a "villain" team by the WWE... er, I mean NFL. So I bet the announcers were told they have to stick to the storyline.

There was no personal foul, by rule, but it was entertaining how quickly the kicker "recovered" from the impact and was well enough to kick again. Poetic justice he had to leave the game for a play. Then Kudos to Rex Ryan for figuring out to spike the ball quickly with 3 seconds left.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Seafan":sqhuxrzv said:
The refs sucked once again but it wasn't one sided. The Bills held the Hawks the entire game and that was obvious PI on the throw to Kearce at the 2.

That might be true, but I'm sure a Bills fan can find 5 other plays that should have been called against us.

Burnplant

Reaction score
HawkGA":1f54n70e said:
Oh, and on the 2 point conversion, the ball is on the qb's lap and he is sitting outside the end zone.
This

Pillow biters like the OP should get bent. ESPN has run with "bills shouldnt have needed 6 pts coz they got robbed" along with Rex crying about it like they didn't have a whole 2nd half.

Funny that one of the ESPN babies was Hasselbeck saying the bills got jobbed. That soft ass 2005 team could have used Sherman or anyone with some pride and fight.

There was no outrage last week over 13 pts like there is tonight.

OP is joke

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Burnplant":38tbav01 said:
HawkGA":38tbav01 said:
Oh, and on the 2 point conversion, the ball is on the qb's lap and he is sitting outside the end zone.
This

Pillow biters like the OP should get bent. ESPN has run with "bills shouldnt have needed 6 pts coz they got robbed" along with Rex crying about it like they didn't have a whole 2nd half.

Funny that one of the ESPN babies was Hasselbeck saying the bills got jobbed. That soft ass 2005 team could have used Sherman or anyone with some pride and fight.

OP is joke

Lol ok. You just sound like a homer. Just call a spade a spade. We got screwed last week. This week we got some help. But oh that's right, only the Seahawks get screwed because the NFL is out to get us.

And your a joke for calling out Hasselback like that for speaking his opinion. That man is a Seahawks legend, shame on you.

HawkHack

Reaction score
olyfan63":1vlwumu3 said:
The field goal call non-roughing call was one the on-field refs got right.

It's a joke for the NFL talking heads to weigh in and say it should have been a personal foul. That's the NFL being drama queens and trying to stir the pot. The announcers were probably instructed to play this up by a producer behind the scenes. Makes for better drama and fits the storyline better.

The Seahawks are being cast in the role of a "villain" team by the WWE... er, I mean NFL. So I bet the announcers were told they have to stick to the storyline.

There was no personal foul, by rule, but it was entertaining how quickly the kicker "recovered" from the impact and was well enough to kick again. Poetic justice he had to leave the game for a play. Then Kudos to Rex Ryan for figuring out to spike the ball quickly with 3 seconds left.

Yup, having watched the NFL video of this play a half dozen times, it's incredibly clear that the sequence of events was:

1. Sherman is offsides
2. Sherman blocks the FG
3. Sherman runs into the kicker
4. The whistle blows
5. The kicker hams it up in an attempt to get a penalty and ends up costing his team a timeout they didn't have.

That sequence is a lot clearer than just about every disputed play in the NFL, and the refs actually got it right. I don't see how Blandino can argue otherwise. Kinda weird, really.

Now, the delay-of-game penalty that followed was clearly a screw-up on the refs' part, and Bills fans have every reason to be angry about that. But the supposed Blown Call was anything but.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":zr2k4w3c said:
Burnplant":zr2k4w3c said:
HawkGA":zr2k4w3c said:
This

OP is joke

Lol ok. You just sound like a homer. Just call a spade a spade. We got screwed last week. This week we got some help. But oh that's right, only the Seahawks get screwed because the NFL is out to get us.

And your a joke for calling out Hasselback like that for speaking his opinion. That man is a Seahawks legend, shame on you.

Big difference between missed calls here and there and 11 to 2 with phantom defensive holding and two missed blatant OPIs.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If this was a normal Sunday afternoon game, no one would be talking about the officiating in this one.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
nanomoz":jnfgjrp3 said:
Two uncalled false starts by Buffalo. No one mentions this. But, yah, Sherman should have been flagged for 15
Have you read ANYTHING that ANYONE has posted?

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Such bullhocky in this thread. Separating fly ish from pepper. What an exasperating waste of time.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

seahawksny

Reaction score
One can make a case that he touched the ball and his play was clean.

However, stevie wonder would have notied that that play should have been blown dead when he went off sides..

Stop moaning that we never get the calls. For every game where the calls go against us, we have another in our favor. The officiating is consistently poor across the board.. no conspiracy against seattle

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
If people are legitimately concerned about the one-sided mainstream narrative that the Seahawks get lucky calls, they should assemble gifs and vids of all the non-calls gifted to Seahawks' opponents and put them on one site that anyone could link to in comment sections and message boards.

Could be a fun project if one had the time and inclination.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
seahawksny":2yot1vg7 said:
One can make a case that he touched the ball and his play was clean.

However, stevie wonder would have notied that that play should have been blown dead when he went off sides..

Stop moaning that we never get the calls. For every game where the calls go against us, we have another in our favor. The officiating is consistently poor across the board.. no conspiracy against seattle

Explain the 4 straight years of data that tells you otherwise.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I agree, let's call a spade a spade. This morning I wake up to a bunch of sports commentary, zoned in on villaniziing Richard Sherman for his supposed decision to ignore a whistle being blowen, and then I guess he takes off like a rabid dog and make a target of the kickers knee, hoping to mame him for life.

Really is that what you all saw? I saw Sherman line up on the end of the Seattle defensive line, like he does every time they set to defend a field goal, the crowd noise is peaking, the center moves to snap the ball, and does, a whistle is blown, however if you if review the play live time, and have been in the stadium during a game, you will understand why the Bill's Center, Holder, and Field Goal Kicker apparently didn't hear the whistle either, because they were all moving to kick the field goal had Sherman not blocked it.

I saw Richard beat a path straight to the holder and the ball as the center motioned on the ball, he was on the ground having gotten his hand on the ball as both he and the ball were being kicked. I saw nothing that looked like what the commentators are suggesting this morning, that the play was clearly dead and being a crazed out of control animal, that they would have us believe Sherman is, he then in cold blooded fashion, purposely and maliciously set out on a mission, wherein he targeted the the knees of the kicker, with intent of ending his career, damn the torpedoes.

Then to try and build their case for why we should all form a lynching party for Sherm, they toss in some more red meat for the masses to support their claims, by showing film footage of Richard, on the last play of game, legally blocking his assigned coverage, who charges straight into Sherman, trying to knock Sherman on his backside, and ends up on his own ass instead.

The commentators suggest instead that the gentlemanly thing for Sherman to have done in this instance was invite his opponent to a quick game of Patti cake, and let him get open for a touchdown reception, so the Bill's could win the game, just be fair, I guess.

Then they immediately move on to show the clips of Jimmy making his spectacular one handed catches, while having the Bill's defenders on both occasions holding Jimmy's arm, only the first was called.

I'll reserve my commentary on the 4 chit officiating and or lack there of in last nights game. They really, really, need to get the NFL head office out of the role of officiating their games remotely like they are. Its clearly a conflict of interest when they are able to try and manipulate the outcome of our games like they did last night.

Thank God the Seahawks have finally figured out, if they want to get to the Super Bowl again this year they are going to have to be prepared to go out there and beat both their opponents each week, the other team and the NFLs offiating the game via live communications with the officials on the field.