Lets get rid of Griffin and Adams try to rebuild.

jeremy2020

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":16cnk7ft said:
I say fire sale.

Trade Adams, Bobby, Wilson and try to take in as much picks as possible. Trim any fatty contracts and get some cap. The Seahawks roster is bloated, they have only 4 picks this year and 6mil in cap.

lol, trade Adams.. that bag of balls would be useful. You'd have to wait for Schneider to leave and get a job somewhere else so he could be fleeced for Adams again. No other GM gives up a 1st round pick for him.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":rhcn585d said:
Spin Doctor":rhcn585d said:
Our roster is good, the problem lies in the hands of our coaching staff -- mainly the guy in charge. We lost because we were out coached, it wasn't a talent issue. Rebuilding won't change a thing, even if we did a firesale we would never be able to rebuild the 2013 team. That team was historically good and it even had one of the highest overall DVOA scores of all time. It certainly is the best defense of the decade.
This.
:ditto:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You're not getting anything for Adams now. Last year of his deal and he needs two shoulder surgeries.

Be lucky to get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for that nightmare of a trade scenario.

But yes, John and Pete have to have some hard conversations on the rest of the roster to see who's a part of the next 2-3 years, and who's not......and if they're not then now's the time to try and get some draft capital for those players.

Honestly I don't see a lot of players that could bring back bigtime draft picks outside of the untouchables like Russ and DK.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Adams was hurt and should not have been on the field. Every big play he gave up against the Rams was due to the fact that he could not raise both arms above his shoulder. He had two pick 6s that he missed because of his injury. He should have been benched in the 1st qtr due to the injury.

TraderGary

Reaction score
ddores":3pdui6nm said:
Sports Hernia":3pdui6nm said:
Spin Doctor":3pdui6nm said:
Our roster is good, the problem lies in the hands of our coaching staff -- mainly the guy in charge. We lost because we were out coached, it wasn't a talent issue. Rebuilding won't change a thing, even if we did a firesale we would never be able to rebuild the 2013 team. That team was historically good and it even had one of the highest overall DVOA scores of all time. It certainly is the best defense of the decade.
This.
:ditto:
+1

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
According to this report Jamal Adams is making $9.86 million in 2021...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-sea ... ams-21747/

I was assuming he would make WAY more than that... I don't follow contracts very closely but I probably should of looked into this before my post...

If he's actually going to make under 10 million in 2021 it becomes a much more difficult decision. If they can somehow lower that to around 8 million I would keep him for sure.

I still feel like even if we get him for under 10 million he might not be worth it if we want to have any chance to win a Super Bowl.

He is just a very random player, he can make amazing plays but he also misses plays that really hurt the team on a regular basis. It's like a coin flip with him every defensive series.

I just feel like with around 10 million dollars we might be able to make our team better overall without Adams.

When I wrote this post I thought he was going to make around 13-14 million or something in 2021 so if it's really under 10 million, it's a bit more complicated than I thought when I wrote this.

getnasty

Reaction score
I actually like Shaq and think he's a solid starting corner in the NFL. People have the expectation that he should be Richard Sherman in his prime or something. My guess is hell get 10 million a years from somebody but it won't be us. I'm hoping they can re sign Dunbar for real cheap though.

Jamal Adams isn't going anywhere but i wouldn't be suprised if they let Bobby Wagner go.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
rcaido":yh7reju5 said:
Went 12-4 GET RID OF THEM ALL! ALL THIS DURING A PANDEMIC! :pukeface:

100% and fire all the cooks and kitchen staff too. How dare they win the NFC-W go 12-4 and not have a single case of COVID all season. Clearly the coaching and team direction is seriously screwed up.

Somebody must be to blame!

To me Adams is a developing generational player. he will get paid in due course be happy and make us all happy. Griffin is playing to about his draft slot but may not be kept as the team may not keep his brother and they are twofor deal.

I can't see the team parting with Wagner who was amazing in the Rams game and so very special that his contibutoons are not appreciated as incredible and special.

I'd rather get rid of Schotty and improve the running game.

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
getnasty":j4i28v4j said:
I actually like Shaq and think he's a solid starting corner in the NFL. People have the expectation that he should be Richard Sherman in his prime or something. My guess is hell get 10 million a years from somebody but it won't be us. I'm hoping they can re sign Dunbar for real cheap though.

Jamal Adams isn't going anywhere but i wouldn't be suprised if they let Bobby Wagner go.

I really wish someone posted the All-22 analysis on youtube... I haven't had that for years so I'm basing everything I say based on the TV broadcast.

Maybe if I had the All-22 I would think Shaq is better than I do right now.

But to me based on the TV broadcast Griffin seems like a guy who just hustles and might seem ok vs bad quarterbacks, but when you notice him it's usually him losing a 1v1 by quite a fair margin. I know he is a solid player, that diving interception catch a few weeks ago was a really nice play.

But I don't think we can afford him, maybe if I had All-22 I would change my mind. It's not that Griffin or Adams are complete garbage... I just don't know how we can afford to put together a Super Bowl Calibre team if we are paying a few players too much.

This is going to be a VERY tricky off-season.

I think we need a new Tight End unless Josh Gordon can finally play (I'll be salty about the NFL screwing over Josh Gordon until we win another Super Bowl which honestly that might not ever happen in my lifetime and I'm sorta young)...

I can't even begin to wrap my mind around why we didn't play Olsen when he is probably by far our best easy target for Wilson under pressure??? That will haunt me as well if we don't win another Super Bowl... I just don't get it if he's active wtf???

Beyond that I think Griffin is the biggest player we need to cut. I'd rather keep Wagner and KJ Wright for 1 more season at least than keep Jamal Adams to be honest.

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2yvj9rr6 said:
rcaido":2yvj9rr6 said:
and not have a single case of COVID all season.

Covid 19 is kinda a hoax dude, I won't get into the details but to give u a general overview:

A North Carolina University under the Obama Administration (Fauci And Bill Gates were closely involved in this whole process)... they were studying what they call "Gain of Function Research". Gain of function research simply put means how to make viruses more contagious. The United States decided that this kind of research was extremely irresponsible, and VERY dangerous... they no longer allowed this to occur on US soil...

What happened next???

It's right out of a movie script. The North Carolina University sold whatever contagious virus they had at that time to the WUHAN LAB... literally right next to where COVID-19 first got released.

It was released at a perfect time before the election and before Chinese New Year. Chinese New Year is the biggest human migration event in the world... China restricted travel within their own country while imposing martial law (people literally got bolted into their own homes in China). However China allowed people to travel out of China therefore obviously spreading the disease on purpose.

The mainstream media picked up on the shady Chinese governments example of how to handle this virus... fast forward almost a year... we are living in fear, wearing mask, NO HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE... yet according to the 2020 CDC numbers our death rate increased .08% in 2020 while it's been going up an average of .07% for the previous 10 years...

The whole thing is a hoax all the way down to PCR testing which the Noble Prize Winning scientist Kary Mullis who invented the PCR test literally said the test can NOT be used to identify any particular virus (just increase the testing time and some positive result will eventually occur), fast forward 20+ years since he stated that publicly we are using that as our number 1 test for Covid in the United States even though the inventor of the test is quoted saying basically "you can find whatever you want with the PCR test, it duplicates material to the point that anything can be diagnosed".

The reason why Seahawks didn't get any positive Covid Test is probably they hired top of the line testers who knew how the PCR test worked and they didn't abuse it like the American Health System has as a whole.

I'm glad someone brought up Covid, I don't want to make a unique post about it... it's WAY too controversial but... we literally had no home field advantage because of a hoax... feels bad man.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tokadub":23sodgz9 said:
jammerhawk":23sodgz9 said:
rcaido":23sodgz9 said:

Covid 19 is kinda a hoax dude, I won't get into the details but to give u a general overview:

A North Carolina University under the Obama Administration (Fauci And Bill Gates were closely involved in this whole process)... they were studying what they call "Gain of Function Research". Gain of function research simply put means how to make viruses more contagious. The United States decided that this kind of research was extremely irresponsible, and VERY dangerous... they no longer allowed this to occur on US soil...

What happened next???

It's right out of a movie script. The North Carolina University sold whatever contagious virus they had at that time to the WUHAN LAB... literally right next to where COVID-19 first got released.

It was released at a perfect time before the election and before Chinese New Year. Chinese New Year is the biggest human migration event in the world... China restricted travel within their own country while imposing martial law (people literally got bolted into their own homes in China). However China allowed people to travel out of China therefore obviously spreading the disease on purpose.

The mainstream media picked up on the shady Chinese governments example of how to handle this virus... fast forward almost a year... we are living in fear, wearing mask, NO HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE... yet according to the 2020 CDC numbers our death rate increased .08% in 2020 while it's been going up an average of .07% for the previous 10 years...

The whole thing is a hoax all the way down to PCR testing which the Noble Prize Winning scientist Kary Mullis who invented the PCR test literally said the test can NOT be used to identify any particular virus (just increase the testing time and some positive result will eventually occur), fast forward 20+ years since he stated that publicly we are using that as our number 1 test for Covid in the United States even though the inventor of the test is quoted saying basically "you can find whatever you want with the PCR test, it duplicates material to the point that anything can be diagnosed".

The reason why Seahawks didn't get any positive Covid Test is probably they hired top of the line testers who knew how the PCR test worked and they didn't abuse it like the American Health System has as a whole.

I'm glad someone brought up Covid, I don't want to make a unique post about it... it's WAY too controversial but... we literally had no home field advantage because of a hoax... feels bad man.

Stop. Just stop. Use whatever judgment you can muster to refrain from posting crap like this in the future. No one cares.

Let's stick to the football side of this: Seattle is the team that ended up being the cleanest out of all of them by adhering to guidelines and taking accountability. Please take the rest of that crap elsewhere before you derail things further, please.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Tokadub":3rt8v1oj said:
jammerhawk":3rt8v1oj said:
rcaido":3rt8v1oj said:

What happened next???

Take this spew to another forum...so ppl can tell you how they really feel about this.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
xray":2mgzqsny said:
The roster was full of above average talent including some elite players as well . When a team has the pieces to go deep or all the way in post season but go home early several times it's not the players . The common denominator is post season coaching . IMO

Its as simple as this

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How about we trade a bunch of .NET posters instead? Anyone else with me? Let's scower the other team fan boards and see about a swap. I'll begin compiling the list.

:stirthepot:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Quote:
COVID is kinda a hoax

United StatesUnited States
Total cases
22.8M
+223K
Recovered
-
Deaths
+2,048

Yep that hoax has already caused immense disruption, misery, and 379,000 deaths.

I doubt the people not blinded by bias see this virus as kinda hoax.

Your biases are showing through.

I additionally as a moderator regard your post as political and not particularly responsive to the topic of the thread. Please in future take care to avoid political posts here we talk Seahawks football here. There are other forums where you can discuss politics.

zchurch74

Reaction score
If you think we need to keep adams then your going with your heart and not by the numbers. Adams is one of the worse cover safeties in the league. Look it up. Yes he adds spark and pressure but our DLine and LBs should be able to bring enough pressure. Look at Earl and Kam. They never had big sack seasons, why, they were in coverage and never let anything behind them. Adams is garbage in the secondary. We need a safety to control the deep ball and help with coverage so our DLine can get to the QB.

No need to spend the money on Adams. We need to use that money for a pass rusher.

Latest posts