Lets just be done with Rawls!

Hawks46

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1a3rmw2p said:
Rawls was a 1 hit wonder in '15 and through either injury or approach, he's nowhere near what he was and doesn't appear he ever will be. He can't cut like he used to and he can't penetrate like before and lacks burst.

Lacy is just flat awful, slow and one of if not the worst FA signing JS has ever made. Why there are some here who are somehow fascinated with this overweight, overpaid slug is appalling. 5+ million guaranteed? What a joke.

Call up Davis and use McKissic more-at least pass to him more on 2nd and long and 3rd downs.

You do realize that Rawls holds the franchise record for rushing yards in a game and that was in 2016, right ?

I won't argue that Davis is worth a shot, but not sure who we cut to bring him in.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":bwgmj7hu said:
Aros":bwgmj7hu said:
He has the talent but he lacks patience. He gets so wound up he works himself into a lather and right out of a play.

It worked his rookie year but you can't sustain that lack of patience. I am not ready to give up on him just yet but he needs to calm the heck down and focus. Otherwise he is just dead weight.

Oh and btw? #cutlacey

I would cut Rawls and give Lacy all those carries. At least he can block/catch/not fumble. Three things Rawls cant do. Please don't highjack the cut rawls thread with lacy talk.

Rawls has struggled but you can't deny Lacy has been abysmal and has no future in the NFL.

chris98251

Reaction score
Watch Rawls, his feet are dancing all over, he needs to get back to what he did before make a decision and cut and go and not avoid contact.

Smellyman

Reaction score
chris98251":12w2t5t1 said:
Watch Rawls, his feet are dancing all over, he needs to get back to what he did before make a decision and cut and go and not avoid contact.

Agree with everything, but the last point. He seeks out contact way too much. It's ok to juk people now and again.

chris98251

Reaction score
Smellyman":2aq3vd2g said:
chris98251":2aq3vd2g said:

Agree with everything, but the last point. He seeks out contact way too much. It's ok to juk people now and again.

I am talking initially getting thru first level, arm tackles and such, 2nd level going at guys I agree, he does not have that kind of bulk to take on big Safeties and LB's head to head to try and run over.

Leee-roy

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3en5h9g8 said:
Don't know why everyone is in arms about the RB's we have.. we could have L Bell and he wouldn't get a yard.. look at the real problem.. solve the real problem and our running game, will be fixed.
It ain't Lacy
It aint Rawls.

A Collins has proven that every game he plays.

The problem is Cable.....

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The Duane Brown trade might go a long way towards getting Rawls going again. Very good run blocker.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I'm a big Rawls fan and I really do believe that ultimately he is going to play some good ball this year. But, he needs to relax. His enthusiasm and want to is hurting his game right now. My college hoops coach told us to go wild on defense and chillout on offense; if Rawls was a basketball player he'd be fouling out with moving picks and on the offensive boards every game.

But I have way more leeway for a guy who's rough moments come from a place of passion (Breno, Browner) than a place of lethargy (Carp, CMike). He was so hyped after that win for his team even though he didn't play well himself - that tells me that he is a good teammate, which ultimately may not be enough, but if anyone can do a 180 on their season with the help of a Sports Psychologist I wouldn't bet against Rawls.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He'll figure it out. He's shown flashes in the past. He's still young.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Let's let the O Line settle before we go about the business of cutting people. Remember a year ago, we had no one left after injuries. Let's not send off everyone before we fix the line.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
kobebryant":178kpniy said:
I'm a big Rawls fan and I really do believe that ultimately he is going to play some good ball this year. But, he needs to relax. His enthusiasm and want to is hurting his game right now. My college hoops coach told us to go wild on defense and chillout on offense; if Rawls was a basketball player he'd be fouling out with moving picks and on the offensive boards every game.

But I have way more leeway for a guy who's rough moments come from a place of passion (Breno, Browner) than a place of lethargy (Carp, CMike). He was so hyped after that win for his team even though he didn't play well himself - that tells me that he is a good teammate, which ultimately may not be enough, but if anyone can do a 180 on their season with the help of a Sports Psychologist I wouldn't bet against Rawls.

This is pretty spot on. The same thing happens with all types of sports and different levels of each. Rawls looks like he is, at this point, going a mile a minute trying to earn the starter carries again and produce when there's so little to work with. RB is a position where most guys need to balance the speed that they're hitting holes with the patience/vision required to hit the right ones/cutbacks. Very few can make it in the league going full steam ahead every touch, even fewer can make it in the league being overly patient waiting for the right lanes to open up.

Carson was an awesome fit because his vision and his quickness was allowing him to create a little on his own and find the small gaps/cutbacks. Lacy is a downhill runner so he can't create for himself, Rawls has the quickness about him, but he can't help but run into the backs of his guys and/or completely miss the cutbacks that would gain a few extra yards.

I think that at the very least we need to give Rawls, and even Lacy, more consistent touches to allow them to get settled-in and create a rhythm that will work for them in games. I don't think we're going to see any improvement out of Rawls unless he gets enough touches to find a groove or he gets the proper sports psych./medicine to calm him down.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":3bo48m3v said:
I think that at the very least we need to give Rawls, and even Lacy, more consistent touches to allow them to get settled-in and create a rhythm that will work for them in games. I don't think we're going to see any improvement out of Rawls unless he gets enough touches to find a groove or he gets the proper sports psych./medicine to calm him down.

This was my suggestion yesterday.

It's obvious that neither back is comfortable (especially Rawls) with this dysfunctional RBBC rotation Pete has going on.

So pick a back, and let him play the entire damn game like you did with Carson before he got hurt. If neither back having an entire game can figure it out? Then there's your answer, it's time to move on and give Davis or Prosise a chance............or start bringing in guys from FA.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":98n8z22k said:
JGfromtheNW":98n8z22k said:

This was my suggestion yesterday.

It's obvious that neither back is comfortable (especially Rawls) with this dysfunctional RBBC rotation Pete has going on.

So pick a back, and let him play the entire damn game like you did with Carson before he got hurt. If neither back having an entire game can figure it out? Then there's your answer, it's time to move on and give Davis or Prosise a chance............or start bringing in guys from FA.

I went back and read your comments yesterday and totally agree. The revolving-door that is our RBBC right now just doesn't make sense. I'm someone who places a lot of value into confidence and "form" as far as athletic performance goes. Between the objectively bad run blocking and the limited carries he's received so far this season (# of carries per game goes: 5, 0, 8, 11, 6 - and shocker - his best production came in the 11 carry game v. NYG), he hasn't had that much opportunity to get going again when you look at the season as a whole.

I'm thinking if Rawls starts getting 75% of the game snaps for a week or two he starts to settle in and the game slows down for him a bit.

Seymour

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":ey8ewxr9 said:
I'm thinking if Rawls starts getting 75% of the game snaps for a week or two he starts to settle in and the game slows down for him a bit.

In this case, I think the game needs to speed up so it catches up to the pace his head is at.

F0c250fb75b013fa420c7bb438f8  taz tattoo tattoo me

two dog

Reaction score
My understanding of the ZBS is that the runner is a one cut and go guy for max efficiency.

Rawls reminds me of a puppy, all twisty and wiggly, piddling on the carpet and not going
in any one direction. M. Lynch credited Tom Cable with making him a better runner.
Patience, as I recall, was one of the subjects discussed. Apparently Cable has not had
that conversation with Rawls or if he did, it didn't take.

The kid's heart is right out there for you to see. He needs to dial back the overeagerness.
(and catch the damn ball) But I think that's the puppy again.