Louis Riddiuck calling out D scheme

scutterhawk

Reaction score
seabowl":1f5wufn9 said:
Interesting that yet another announcer is calling out the Seattle coaching staff for perplexing schemes and play calls. Tonight Louis Riddiuck called out the zone scheme on D that leaves wr’s and backs wide open play after play after play. Said something to the effect that they need to go back to man.

Many of us have said this for at least two years now as the zone D is a joke. All you need to do is look at the stats of the QB’s from our opponents to see their completion percentage to know that scheme of used most of the game sucks.

Could you imagine if this D were schemed correctly and I’d we had even just an average O how much better they would be?

Disappointing to say the least.

Russ & the Offense had a sh*t-load of 3 & outs, and not just last night either, BUT that being said, WHY isn't our DEFENSE not creating a tit for tat there, and forcing our opponents to just as many 3 & outs?
I think the Coaches are spending a lot of time on game films, readying the team for the next opponent, but I'm thinking that they need to rewatch some film on the games they just played, to see where they've been screwing up.
I understand that players & Coaches can have some crap games, but NOT TO THIS EXTENT...They should be embarrassed to tears. :pukeface:

TraderGary

Reaction score
jammerhawk":vt5q16fg said:
The defence has been in need of a significant scheme change for a few seasons now, their record in defending 3rd down plays is laughable and a sad commentary on on how out of ideas the defensive coaching staff presently appears to be.

^^ this

Reason number 1576 why it's past time for Pete Carroll to step aside and let someone with some fresh ideas and who's in touch with today's NFL take over because Pete is clearly out of ideas and still believes his schemes work to perfection if the players would only run them as designed. In other words, he's delusional.

Same goes for the offense which borders on archaic. When you have Wilson, DK, Lockett and Everett, and you are incapable of moving the football, that screams coaching and scheme to me. Yes Wilson is certainly to blame as well and the OL has been a train wreck, but Hasselbeck said it himself last week. This offense is very basic and simplistic, and very easy to defend and scheme against.

Now that the season is effectively over, I think the best case scenario is for the Hawks to lose all their remaining games. It's my hope that if they do, it will get the attention of Jody and she may be motivated to make a move, because I don't see Pete stepping down on his own, and that's the only thing that will fix this dysfunctional mess we're witnessing right now.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
rjdriver":7vw9vy9c said:
To digress a little bit....

.NET can be pretty hard on writers and commentators ...

But I really enjoy listening to Riddiuck. He seems overly prepared, keen to the nuances of the game, incredibly articulate and knowledgeable, all while lacking some of the quirks that drive me crazy about other color commentators in the league.

I can see him in managing a team someday if he can handle the paycut. (maybe he has already...don't know his history)
I believe they hired him out of someone's FO in some capacity, if I'm not mistaken

Latest posts