Love it

Scorpion05

Reaction score
The ceiling of this offense will be beautiful to watch. Particularly when Russ is on his A-game, and we dominate the line of scrimmage.

In a pass heavy, spread out multiple receivers league...I am LOVING the idea of having a multitude of backs instead. It's a "Vintage" offense with a modern twist. I think that's a perfect way to describe it. In a Copycat league, we're going to set a new trend. After all, look how many teams copied us during our glory years? It's only a matter of time

mikeak

Reaction score
One more thing with the last scoring drive is how quick it was. A few weeks ago we took forever to score leading to running out of time at the end.

If we take longer then GB is going for it on 4th down. Everything changes. If GB had scored we once again had three timeouts and there would have been time left. That game winning drive was perfect not just for the score but execution throughout

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I love how it’s ruining teams game plan. Last season it was, blitz blitz blitz and sack Russ. Now it’s “stack the box” “hope we can stop them”. “Oh crap penny bounced outside”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Weeks 1 & 2 I was disappointed with the pass-heavy direction of the offense and was cursing Schottenheimer’s name.

Since Week 3, the play calling has been a wet dream. Physical football. Dominant red zone play. Committed to the run game. Unstoppable play action. Crushing the line of scrimmage with extra big blockers. Imposing our will on opposing defenses.

:drool:

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3fkvgrj7 said:
Weeks 1 & 2 I was disappointed with the pass-heavy direction of the offense and was cursing Schottenheimer’s name.

Since Week 3, the play calling has been a wet dream. Physical football. Dominant red zone play. Committed to the run game. Unstoppable play action. Crushing the line of scrimmage with extra big blockers. Imposing our will on opposing defenses.

:drool:

I approve this message.

seahawks looks on from the an picture id636453022

toffee

Reaction score
We are one big body WR, like a younger Marshall, or even a younger Jimmy Graham, and another backup tackle away from being dominant.

Our two prime receivers are both tiny, another backup tackle will free up Fant to play more blocking TE.

Once the defense mature some, with that dominant offense. Wow wet dream stuff!!

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
toffee":1eae1o2f said:
We are one big body WR, like a younger Marshall, or even a younger Jimmy Graham, and another backup tackle away from being EVEN MORE dominant.

Our two prime receivers are both tiny, another backup tackle will free up Fant to play more blocking TE.

Once the defense mature some, with that dominant offense. Wow wet dream stuff!!

Fixed it For you

capncrunch

Reaction score
Yeah. Some excellent posts here. I do like the offense very much. There was a time where we had to pass in a 3rd or 4th and short. Wow! I wish I was a gambling man and had some fool in the room with me to take my bets that we will get the first down in those situations now. Russ is not just getting killed all game or running for his life like it was seemingly forever. Now he can run the ball some or make it look like he is going to and flip it to an open receiver just before he reacher the line of scrimmage. I agree with some of the comments I read above. Yes. Some nice screen plays, perhaps to Penny. A big bodied receiver make sense. A few less penalties. I like the way we are using tight ends. Some people have been critical of RW for taking too many sacks, but I am not among that camp. I used to complain that he threw the ball away to much. He is a good scrambler and with that he gets burned some times. I think he is regaining some of his speed and quickness as his injury is healing. I like the playcalling now for the most part. It's actually pretty cool. I wasn't the biggest Bevell detractor but watching this season unfold, yeah what an upgrade.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I'm still over here waiting to see Fant get the rock!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How about the choice to have Davis close out the game. Sitting at 4:11 on the clock and they don't even let Erin get the ball back. That's my kind of football right there. Let him pout on the sidelines while the D can't do a thing about the Hawks running game. BOOM