Reaction score
Rah, Rah, TCU !!!

Like like Clint.

Hope Ferris plays well.
2b4de08618991eaa05c1e65cbd06bb26.jpg

c10cf247ffdddba1055efecf0c6cf797.jpg

GLio14

Reaction score
Andrew East was just waived. Clearly the team wasn't thrilled with his performance.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So much for the competition, I'm sure there will be at least one other LS added and it needs to be known that OT- Sowell is a capable LS.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
So the Seahawks are scrambling now to find a capable long snapper after they let Gresham go for cap reasons. Ferris might not even be on the roster by the time training camp opens.

naholmes

Reaction score
HawkFan72":16wwzapw said:
So the Seahawks are scrambling now to find a capable long snapper after they let Gresham go for cap reasons. Ferris might not even be on the roster by the time training camp opens.
I don't believe that is was for cap reasons because that move barely cleared any salary cap space. It was only $600k which drops to $150k after factoring in a replacement. If the situation was that dire then you would think they would have gone with a league minimum punter.

Basis4day

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1h443h37 said:
So much for the competition, I'm sure there will be at least one other LS added and it needs to be known that OT- Sowell is a capable LS.

Which is nice to know in emergency situations.

Basis4day

Reaction score
GLio14":117i1p3y said:
Andrew East was just waived. Clearly the team wasn't thrilled with his performance.

What performance? He was signed to a futures contract and there have been no practices.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Well, i was about to say it's good that we have 2 people to compete, but that just went out the window.

Someone said Sowell is a capable LS, that's good to know.

Maybe the Hawks really want their LS to also play on the OL.

The downside is what if Sowell ends up being our best LS but sucks as an offensive lineman? It would be dumb to cut a LS and end up having to pay Sowell twice as much as Gresham to do the same job. If we save money without a drop in performance then obviously it is a good move.

Maybe we pick up an UDFA to compete for the job?

jammerhawk

Reaction score

GLio14

Reaction score
Basis4day":1zq21nz5 said:
GLio14":1zq21nz5 said:

What performance? He was signed to a futures contract and there have been no practices.

:sarcasm_on:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yes, the word out of VMAC was that this guy's snaps have a tendency to drift East. Disappointing performance in every game thus far. Apparently a genetic issue.

I thought GLio14's comment was pretty funny, no sarcasm needed, but then I have an Android time-tracking app that regularly taunts me for my disappointing performance if I don't put in the time.