Lynch applies to trademark his famous phrase

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2tlqat2y said:
Best post I ever read on this board.
There is unfortunately a narrative that wants that players making money is called "selfish", "dumb", ... etc.
Owners, Media, Coaches, Colleges making money is seen as smart, savvy, intelligent,business-smart, ... etc.
I find it very unfortunate !!!
Rocket":2tlqat2y said:
Money is NEVER dumb...

Nope sorry man, but you are wrong !!!

I don't really think what Lynch is doing is dumb per se, I think the system, allowing someone to TM such a unintelligent line, is dumb, regardless of who is trying to TM it

Rat

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":32jxusj2 said:
It just makes me roll my eyes because its not a particularly funny or clever thing to say. Yes we all thought it was amusing at the time (including me). But to TM it...? whatever clearly Im in the minority here

I'm mostly with you on this. I'm all for guys maximizing their worth, and I have no problem with Lynch making more money, but it's kind of dumb that this even can happen.

If this was someone on another team, this entire board would agree that it's really stupid. Good for Lynch for taking advantage of the system, but I wish he'd leave it alone. We all have good memories of that press conference, he doesn't need to cheapen those by clinging to the line. Too much of a good thing.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":12f4p50q said:
joeseahawks":12f4p50q said:
There is unfortunately a narrative that wants that players making money is called "selfish", "dumb", ... etc.
Owners, Media, Coaches, Colleges making money is seen as smart, savvy, intelligent,business-smart, ... etc.
Rocket":12f4p50q said:
Money is NEVER dumb...

I don't really think what Lynch is doing is dumb per se, I think the system, allowing someone to TM such a unintelligent line, is dumb, regardless of who is trying to TM it

Yes, THAT I agree with. I think Lynch is smart for what he is doing, but I think the system that allows it is ridiculous.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
If you knew what corporations like Amazon, Apple, IBM, Microsoft have trademarked/patented out there ...
Well, their CEOs, founders ... have made fortune off "stupid" things like that. But those guys are called "smart", "Genius",...
Like I said, I see a double standard off these things.
When players do it, people see a big problem. Once Billionaires do it, it is called a smart/business decision.
Money is NEVER dumb. If this is going to help ML make money and if it is not illegal, I'm 100% behind ML for doing it, with NO reservation whatsoever.
therealjohncarlson":1u18jjsu said:
joeseahawks":1u18jjsu said:
Rocket":1u18jjsu said:
Money is NEVER dumb...

minormillikin

Reaction score
Can we be serious here and stop cheerleading? This dumb phrase was already long forgotten and has nothing to do with Amazon and IBM. Lay off the sauce...