Lynch Charity To Get Matching Donations

kidhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/561252153168506880[/tweet]

If tNFL fines Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch for another obscene gesture during Super Bowl, he will receive a matching grant for his charity, Fam 1st Family Foundation.

Underwear brand MeUndies.com has agreed to match Lynch’s fines this Sunday by donating to Fam 1st Family Foundation, which is dedicated to mentoring children on the importance of education, literacy, and self-esteem.
MeUndies has agreed to donate $20,000 to Fam 1st Family Foundation for Lynch’s most recent fine and an additional $20,000 (up to $100,000) for every touchdown he scores during the Super Bowl to cover any fines incurred as a result of Lynch expressing himself freely.

It is Lynch's third marketing deal this week to go along with Skittles and Progressive. And so while he could be losing money, he also is making plenty of it.

"Marshawn is under scrutiny for a pain we've all felt, and we stepped in to help Beast Mode with great fitting, non-riding underwear,” the company said in a statement. “MeUndies empowers people to express themselves freely in the midst of any situation and eliminates the need to readjust down there. "

MeUndies said it wants Lynch to focus on preparing for the Super Bowl and not have to worry about expressing himself. MeUndies is the same company that helped Cowboys RB Joseph Randle give away underwear in his community and turn a negative situation into a positive one after he was caught shoplifting.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Racking up endorsement and public support at this rate, I'm actually starting to feel pretty confident that Marshawn will have no interest in retiring after this year

sc85sis

Reaction score
Too bad they can't negate the 15-yard penalty as well. I think we won't be seeing Lynch making that gesture unless we're winning a total blowout.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":dbhseyn1 said:
Too bad they can't negate the 15-yard penalty as well. I think we won't be seeing Lynch making that gesture unless we're winning a total blowout.

I'm not sure he needs to actually make the gesture to get the money. According to the quoted portion, it says for each TD to help cover costs. Even though Schefter did say "matching" I'm not sure that the fine is mandated to get the funds. I could be wrong.

sc85sis

Reaction score
kidhawk":153gbpxy said:
sc85sis":153gbpxy said:

I'm not sure he needs to actually make the gesture to get the money. According to the quoted portion, it says for each TD to help cover costs. Even though Schefter did say "matching" I'm not sure that the fine is mandated to get the funds. I could be wrong.
Sounds like it's based on fines to me.

"If tNFL fines Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch for another obscene gesture during Super Bowl, he will receive a matching grant for his charity, Fam 1st Family Foundation."

If he doesn't make the gesture, he won't be fined (and the team won't be penalized) for it.

Marshawn is a team player. He won't do it if the team can be hurt.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":o7olyoqg said:
kidhawk":o7olyoqg said:
sc85sis":o7olyoqg said:

Sounds like it's based on fines to me.

"If tNFL fines Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch for another obscene gesture during Super Bowl, he will receive a matching grant for his charity, Fam 1st Family Foundation."

If he doesn't make the gesture, he won't be fined (and the team won't be penalized) for it.

Marshawn is a team player. He won't do it if the team can be hurt.

MeUndies has agreed to donate $20,000 to Fam 1st Family Foundation for Lynch’s most recent fine and an additional $20,000 (up to $100,000) for every touchdown he scores during the Super Bowl to cover any fines incurred as a result of Lynch expressing himself freely.

I know Schefter said matching funds for fines, but that isn't how the quoted part here reads. I don't know if Schefter is assuming in his tweet or not. I'd think that the money would go either way for his TD's.

Hopefully he scores several TD's penalty free and we find out afterwards his money still gets the money.