Lynch doesn't practice for "personal" reasons???

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Scottemojo":274dlyoc said:
Teqneek":274dlyoc said:
chrispy":274dlyoc said:
Difference between this and last season is that there's no MRob practicing every day and making reads during the game.

Which normally helped lynch... 6 times a game eh? Wooo those reads..

1 more great play would have won the Indy game. Wooo those reads..
Robinson had 3 touchdowns last year, forced two fumbles, and had 10 first downs on 12 rush attempts. I think he did a little more than plow ground for Lynch on 20 percent of Seattle's offensive snaps.

You're right, he won't be missed at all. Coleman is clearly doing way more.

Forced 2 fumbles?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":143dq2lt said:
SonicHawk":143dq2lt said:
Seanhawk":143dq2lt said:
So did Adrian Petersen. I'm just assuming the two of them were off somewhere getting some genetic work up done so they can create the perfect NFL RB in a test tube or something.

If there was ever a reason for gay marriage...

Imagine the offspring those two would have. He would have a scholarship to every school before he was born.

Someone with AP's speed, cuts, reads and Marshawn's ability to break through like 6 tackles. You wouldn't need a QB.

Hahahaha direct snap to Adrawn Peterlynch

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sign37now":s02ygqkh said:
Just saw on NFL network bottom scroll that 24 didn't practice for personal reasons? WTF? Any insights on this? First I've heard...?

Relax. He's missed each Wednesday practice for personal reasons since week 4 and was full go yesterday. Being on the injury rpt isn't of itself an indication of game status.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is not new news, Lynch hasn't practiced in like three years.

If there's one person on this team that you don't have to worry about when it comes to being prepared and fired up to play each Sunday, it's Beef Mo.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2m0dsnuq said:
1 more great play would have won the Indy game. Wooo those reads..
Robinson had 3 touchdowns last year, forced two fumbles, and had 10 first downs on 12 rush attempts. I think he did a little more than plow ground for Lynch on 20 percent of Seattle's offensive snaps.

You're right, he won't be missed at all. Coleman is clearly doing way more.

Those 10 first downs were almost all incredibly crucial ones in short yardage situations, too. Not easy yards.

slargent4ever

Reaction score
SonicHawk":39dob0c9 said:
ZagHawk":39dob0c9 said:
SonicHawk":39dob0c9 said:
Seanhawk":39dob0c9 said:
So did Adrian Petersen. I'm just assuming the two of them were off somewhere getting some genetic work up done so they can create the perfect NFL RB in a test tube or something.

If there was ever a reason for gay marriage...

Imagine the offspring those two would have. He would have a scholarship to every school before he was born.

Someone with AP's speed, cuts, reads and Marshawn's ability to break through like 6 tackles. You wouldn't need a QB.

Hahahaha direct snap to Adrawn Peterlynch

Didn't the guy from Kung Fu die from a Peterlynch?

edogg23

Reaction score
A friend of mine saw him at SeaTac on Tuesday waiting for a flight, so I am even sure if Marshawn was in Seattle to attend practice. Also he took a picture so I know he's not making it up :)

C-Dub

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3rpxa20d said:
uncle fester":3rpxa20d said:
Lynch barely practiced at all last season. It worked out pretty well. Don't worry about it.

Yeah I noticed this last year too. I was also worried it was going to effect his game, but yeah it didn't. But you know, you always wonder...had he practiced more, would he have been even more productive?
With how much wear and tear on his body from the punishment he dishes, I wouldn't want to find out.

Let the man take practice off!

vant

Reaction score
It's well known that Marshawn is starting to feel the effects from his athletic career. PC has been trying to limit his duties to relieve some of the stress his body has endured.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
The coaching staff has been using kid gloves with Marshawn not only this year, but in the past few pears as well. They want to keep him as fresh as possible.

Zowert

Reaction score
The first year Marshawn Lynch came to Seattle, I remember reading about how little he would participate in team practices during the season. When Lynch dresses for practice, he takes a handful of reps with the 1st team offense. He'll start by running through plays at a slow pace and gradually build up his tempo to 100%. +/- twenty minutes! That is all Lynch spends practicing with his teammates. After his snaps with the offense, the RB coach runs Lynch through high intensity agility drills and plyometrics (Lynch loves to run the agility ladder, which he credits for his quick feet). After this, he heads to the weight room with the trainer where they focus on balance, lower body strength and core stability. By the time Marshawn is finished in the weight room, the rest of the team has wrapped up practice and the other RB's join him in the cardio room, for a cool down session on the stationary bikes.

This may not be completely accurate, however, most of it is likely close to it because Lynch's mid-season practice routine and off-season workouts were featured in a Men's Fitness magazine some years back. Along with a few other NFL halfbacks.

What I thought was cool
The article talked about a Yoga instructor going to the VMAC to hold voluntary Yoga classes. Not only for the Seahawks players but the coaching staff and front office as well. The idea of having Yoga sessions for the players, coaches and staff was actually one of the Seahawks cheerleaders [over four years ago]. This SeaGal was a Yoga instructor herself. The F.O. liked the idea and she [I forgot her name] ended up being the team's Yoga instructor the first year they held it at the VMAC. The next year, she moved back to her hometown and didn't return to the SeaGals roster, so they hired a local Yoga instructor from the Puget Sound area. This all started the year Pete joined the Hawks. At first it wasn't very popular among players or staff, but eventually it caught on and now they get participation from around half the team, most positional coaches and even Pete himself joins once in a while. The classy thing about the Seattle Seahawks organization, EVERYONE who works at the VMAC is invited to participate in the Yoga lessons (free of charge). From the President and Executives to the ball boy and maintenance crew.

drdiags

Reaction score
Here is something that explains why

Bob Condotta ?@bcondotta 7m
Carroll says Marshawn Lynch has been treated for a little hip thing this week but that he's fine.

Curtis Crabtree ?@Curtis_Crabtree 10m
WR Sidney Rice and RB Marshawn Lynch both sat out practice today. Carroll says they're both fine. Treating little hip issue with Lynch.

drdiags

Reaction score
Also turns out he is listed as questionable

John Boyle ?@johnpboyle now
Marshawn Lynch didn't practice Friday and is listed as questionable with a hip injury, but Pete Carroll said he's fine.

Might get to see Michael for those who have been asking to see more of him.