Lynch interview w/Mike Rob, Sunday on NFLN

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
I think Marshawn's going to talk about a lot of things and with M-Rob conducting we're probably going to find out about a whole lot of ML's life in and out of football that, for the most part, we didn't know about. I'm positive retirement will be part of the subject matter... However I don't believe Marshawn uses this opportunity to announce his retirement...

tom sawyer

Reaction score
It's not his style to announce his retirment in an interview, I don't see that. No way.

Rob12

Reaction score
tom sawyer":z47n0gal said:
It's not his style to announce his retirment in an interview, I don't see that. No way.

He's going to be talking to one of his closest friends he's ever had in the game. A man that gave up his body for him on the field.

Not his 'style?' I don't know what that means. What is Marshawn's style? When is the last time he actively participated in an interview?

I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to see him back next season.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2qi4dny1 said:
It's just gonna be another session of 'Messing with Marshawn.' Beast will show up wearing headphones and a hoody...maybe sun glasses as well.
Ooh, ooh, ooh, and a special guest appearance (complete with "Married With Children" audience style hooting and hollering) by JOHN MOFFITT, who does the Marshawn puppet thing for the whole convo.

"Protect ya neck!"

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Rob12":lidqrzoy said:
tom sawyer":lidqrzoy said:

He's going to be talking to one of his closest friends he's ever had in the game. A man that gave up his body for him on the field.

Not his 'style?' I don't know what that means. What is Marshawn's style? When is the last time he actively participated in an interview?

I don't know what he is going to say, maybe you do. But in my opinion, he would not "announce his retirement in an interview with anyone at this time. in my opinion, what I have observed with his behavior, "style" (if you will), over the years, he would save this info for later. Just not the time. Or the place. We'll all find out soon if I'm wrong. Right?

Rocket

Reaction score
It's gonna be brutally honest.
I think he's gonna retire.
Sigh
I for one will shed a tear when he goes.

Msfann

Reaction score
My guess is he's doing an interview with a friend who he trusts and will open up to him like others have said. I'm also going to guess this isn't about retirement.

He might even be doing it to help kickstart his buddies new career.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I don't think it'll be a retirement announcement. The team is coming up on a stretch of very important games and they don't need the distraction and hullabaloo that it would cause. If he plans to retire, he'll do it quietly in the off season and make no official announcement at all.

My guesses are:

#1. Marshawn is feeling the pressure to be more visible in the media, and
#2. Mike Rob is a fledgling NFL Network analyst who knows that getting an on-camera sit-down with the most enigmatic player in football is an achievement that will raise his profile and maybe even open up new doors (such as being on a show that's not on at 4:00 am). He probably approached Marshawn for the interview, and Marshawn agreed because he's a loyal guy that helps his friends.

JMHO. We'll see on Sunday.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Msfann":7vunr1r1 said:
My guess is he's doing an interview with a friend who he trusts and will open up to him like others have said. I'm also going to guess this isn't about retirement.

Ha - we were posting at the same time. Great minds think alike. :mrgreen:

Msfann

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":l7al3h4h said:
Msfann":l7al3h4h said:

Ha - we were posting at the same time. Great minds think alike. :mrgreen:

heh yeah, you probably said it better than me though!

tom sawyer

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":3imfs6ql said:
I don't think it'll be a retirement announcement. The team is coming up on a stretch of very important games and they don't need the distraction and hullabaloo that it would cause. If he plans to retire, he'll do it quietly in the off season and make no official announcement at all.

My guesses are:

#1. Marshawn is feeling the pressure to be more visible in the media, and
#2. Mike Rob is a fledgling NFL Network analyst who knows that getting an on-camera sit-down with the most enigmatic player in football is an achievement that will raise his profile and maybe even open up new doors (such as being on a show that's not on at 4:00 am). He probably approached Marshawn for the interview, and Marshawn agreed because he's a loyal guy that helps his friends.

JMHO. We'll see on Sunday.

^^^this, but msfann said it better :p

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I wanna know how fast he has driven his car since he bought it... and other import things like that

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Brahn":37iizlp2 said:
Diezel Dawg":37iizlp2 said:
Aren't Ring of Honor, Hall of Famers ?

No while all 3 HoFs are on the Ring of Honor the ring also has Pete Gross, Dave Kreig, Kenny Easly, and others.

Marshawn should be placed on the Ring. The crazy part is based on who we have on the roster. The ring will be double the names in 15 years.
My bad, thanks for the clarification

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":15qw6m4h said:
Man, if Beast retires.....wow. I am really going to miss him. There is no doubt in my mind that he is the greatest Seahawk RB of all time(no disrespect to Shaun).
No, Sean Alegsander is the best RB of All-Time!

Rob12

Reaction score
tom sawyer":1j5hew1h said:
Rob12":1j5hew1h said:
tom sawyer":1j5hew1h said:

I don't know what he is going to say, maybe you do. But in my opinion, he would not "announce his retirement in an interview with anyone at this time. in my opinion, what I have observed with his behavior, "style" (if you will), over the years, he would save this info for later. Just not the time. Or the place. We'll all find out soon if I'm wrong. Right?

I don't know what he'll say, bro.

And I hope with everything that I'm the one who is wrong. Gut feelings can often be wrong.

So I'm hoping like hell that you're right.