Lynch on the 2025 Hall of Fame ballot

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Eli Manning is such a weird one. Has two rings but there were so many seasons where he wasn't that good/terrible. He was also never the best QB in the league or really close. He'll get in eventually because he's a Manning though.

I think Lynch will get in eventually. He was one of the best RB's of his era along with Adrian Peterson. His stats are good in what became a pass heavy league. Only thing is some people don't like that he didn't talk to the media etc.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
And, Shaun isn't getting in lol, if he does, at this point it'd have to be out of spite for marshawn.

Their numbers are practically the same so why would one make it and the other not besides your obvious dislike for Alexander? Doesn't make sense.

Rat

Reaction score
Alexander would have been a near HOF lock had he played even 5-10 years earlier. His stats compare well to a lot of RBs that are in, but there's a severe RB logjam now. I'm guessing if he ever gets in, it'll be as a senior committee nomination someday.

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
If Marshawn doesn't get in next year, he's probably looking at at least an additional three years wait. Frank Gore is eligible the year after Lynch's first ballot and then AP the year after. Not that it's impossible for two RBs to get in on the same class, but he's a bit behind those two statistically, so I'm not sure the voters would put them in together.

flv2

Reaction score
meh. He should get in at some point. Most fan bases have some fans that just want their guys in and from the outside Lynch this looks like 1 of those candidates. For example Panthers fans want WR Steve Smith to go in, but looking at it there are 8 WRs who should go in ahead of him over the next 10 years. Smith and Lynch have similar career highlights and résumés. It could take a while for Lynch.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
Eli Manning wouldn't even be on the ballot if he were in Jacksonville or most other NFL cities. I knew it would happen though. Might as well put Phil Simms in.

NoGain

Reaction score
If it was the players who voted who gets in, I'd bet ML is a first ballot HOFer. They know who he was as a player, the kind of a stud he was.

Rat

Reaction score
Eli Manning wouldn't even be on the ballot if he were in Jacksonville or most other NFL cities. I knew it would happen though. Might as well put Phil Simms in.
If he had won two Super Bowls over the dynasty Patriots with the Jaguars, he'd still be a Manning and would absolutely be in the same position he is today.

Torc

Reaction score
The HOF is just as much about narratives is it is about stats.
Jerome Bettis. Need I say more? Dude shouldn't even have been on the ballot, except that he's #8 in total rushing yards. I'm pretty sure he's the only one in the top 10 rushing yards with a sub-4.0 YPC. Maybe the top 25.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Marshawn transcended the Seahawks. Hell, he transcended the sport.

He’s well known, and loved, by fans of other teams, and by those who never watch the NFL.

He’s got an intangible factor, on top of a solid resume.

I don’t know if the voters pay attention to those things, but if they do, he’s a shoe in.