Lynch Retirement (speculation)

dunceface

Reaction score
Regardless of the validity of this article, this may be the dumbest thing I have ever read...

"He'd leave the football world confused and wanting more, though that's what he often does."

Lolwut

rideaducati

Reaction score
I thought he was gonna retire after last season. Having back problems, I expect it even more after this season. Not a huge story.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Scottemojo":gv1lyquo said:
If Cable leaves, it will only be to be a HC. Some Oakland fans want him back badly. SO yeah, I could see him going with Cable back to Oakland.

But the speculation about retirement is not really news. He thought about retiring after the SB, speculating on it, even if sourced, is not really very newsie.
Lynch is from Oak-town.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
How stupid is this article?

Lynch can't retire and then choose where-ever he wants to go. He'd still be under contract with the Seahawks. He'd have to be traded to Oakland (or anywhere) if by some chance he wanted to follow Tom Cable.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":clfdt84q said:
How stupid is this article?

Lynch can't retire and then choose where-ever he wants to go. He'd still be under contract with the Seahawks. He'd have to be traded to Oakland (or anywhere) if by some chance he wanted to follow Tom Cable.

Lol you beat me to it. People seem to forget that Lynch is locked into the Seahawks for another year. THEY can cut ties, but he can't.

That right there should tell you all you need to know about this article. Anyone in the Seahawk's FO wouldn't make an asinine and ignorant statement like that, because they know who they have under contract and for how long.

If someone in the FO IS that dumb, I have my resume waiting! :th2thumbs:

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport and all of his editors should be FIRED for not fact checking any of his supposed, "anonymous" sources.

You will notice Rapoport is no longer referring to his sources as being within the Seahawks' "organization."

He is no better than this guy:

Shattered Glass movie

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Its amazing that anyone would walk away from a potential $6 million payday. I know he may have health concerns, but that kind of dough is just not possible in the regular world. Unless he's made some good investments already.

Threedee

Reaction score
Veterans hang around when they smell SB victory, like Gonzalez staying in Atlanta for 2013. Win another ring, and I suspect Lynch would like a shot at history before he hangs it up.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":ko862z3g said:
My gut tells me he will retire at the end of the season so he isn't crippled when he's 50.
My heart agrees.
The pounding he sustains Week in and Week out is bound to take it's toll on his back, and it would sicken me to see him end up a cripple.
A Coaching job might just be the ticket for Lynch.
I'm for whatever ML wants/decides to do.

seabowl

Reaction score
I'm wondering if Rappaport was reporting for the NFL or the Enquirerer? Direct knowledge of Marshawns thinking? Are you effin kidding me Ian? What happened to the days where reporters reported on facts and not made up bullshit so people read your made up stories. FYI my sources who have direct knowledge of Rappaports anus say that a large hemmoroid is forming causing severe discomfort thus making him put out ridiculous stories. Hey Ian go back to writing for your high school paper when you probably reported on fact.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He was contemplating retirement if he ever won a Super Bowl according to numerous sources last season. When we won it all, there were many folks wondering if he would follow through. Of course money talks loudly, but what talks even louder is our bodies as they begin to tell us they just can't do it anymore.

I think Lynch knows that time is imminent.

Can he squeak through one more year of car-crash abuse every week? That is the question. If he retires, I will not be surprised one single bit.

Cartire

Reaction score
I wont be surprised if he retires. His back is a constant work in progress just to get up for each game.

With that said, he cant just go to another team next year unless we A) Release him or B) Trade him. If he wants to keep playing, we wont release him. We might trade him. But it wont be for a 6th rounder...

HawkWow

Reaction score
It's also possible, if not probable, Lynch may be toying with the FO. After dissing the guy with the Michael pick (in particular), he feels no allegiance to this franchise. He also knows what the FO knows...we are in no way ready for the departure of Marshawn Lynch. Lynch may very well be thinking retirement. We don't know. What we do know is a lot will happen between now and year's end.

To those that continue the cry of "The media sucks, they don't know what they're talking about, etc" It turns out they do. They reported what was given to them by Lynch's people. How do you respond to that? Someone here recently had the audacity to say "The media is the devil" (!?). Well if the media is the devil, ignorance is surely the apocalypse.

daveman918

Reaction score
Guys. I believe that this is nothing more than the anti seahawks league and reporters attempting to distract a team that is now in the zone. Pravda at best.

HawkWow

Reaction score
^ So then you are of the opinion that Lynch's people are Anti-Hawk, then?

I think I see why so many are so anti-media. It's a matter of comprehension. If you don't read or listen, I suppose saying they suck counters that stigma. Me? I think aeronautical engineers suck. I just refuse to understand / believe the stuff they say or do.

Rocket

Reaction score
I might be a bit behind in my remedial english, but if someone were to follow one of their coaches to their home town to play football in that city, that wouldn't be retiring now would it?

HawkerD

Reaction score
ESPN is not a journalism organization. It's a highly stylized Blog. They don't fact check anything. Then that idiot Bob Condotta regurgitates this garbage in the Seattle Times. He gets away with it because he is just "reporting" what Rapoport said on TV. Their is no journalistic integrity in sports reporting..

byau

Reaction score
Yup, guessing he will likely retire too. But that is a long way off, who knows how this season ends and how the offseason goes.

A lot can happen still

daveman918

Reaction score
HawkWow":2fihdpj4 said:
^ So then you are of the opinion that Lynch's people are Anti-Hawk, then?

I think I see why so many are so anti-media. It's a matter of comprehension. If you don't read or listen, I suppose saying they suck counters that stigma. Me? I think aeronautical engineers suck. I just refuse to understand / believe the stuff they say or do.

Me? Did you actually read the article? There's nothing substantive in it at all. Where did you get his people from that fluff piece?