Marcus Burley is a horrendous football player

seahawks187

Reaction score
he shys away from contact, especially vs the run.. few times when tthey ran to his side he is just getting out of the way instead of trying to make a play.. jeremy lane or byron maxwell are 100x better at tackling + being physical

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I said "watch the fake" out loud before they lined up. Every time the Rams line up for any type of kick, every Seahawk should be saying that. When the guy went in motion I thought, "uh oh."

This is not on any single player. This is on a coaching staff who was thinking ahead to the offensive drive instead of focusing on the play at hand. No excuses. No denying. If the coaches aren't staring every man in the eyes saying "watch the fake" and having a plan for it during the time out, they cost us a chance to win the game.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I have not been impressed with Burley over the past couple games. Not a fan. Maybe he has long term potential, but right now he is a glaring weak spot.

I can't wait for Jeremy Lane to come back. What another great late round pick he was.

Seafan

Reaction score
There was a great synergy last season with the pass defense. It helps to dictate when the offense throws the ball which they did a lot of last year. The offense plays a crucial part of that and not getting first downs hurts the defense. All the injuries are also hurting the pass defense and the specific loss of McDonald but not Red. Quinn has the tools with Bennett and McDaniel and Mebane to provide an adequate replacement for McDonald but it hasn't come together yet. The injuries to Lane, Max Kam and Wagner are part of that. The team is still close inspite of the horrible game planning, stupid penalties and injuries that's why I'm not worried. What bothers me is the coaching staff has pissed away games with their mistakes and with this schedule it doesn't look good.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2u3iutd4 said:
Lets be honest here.....with the game on the line 4th down and deep on our side of the field who would of thought they were gonna go for it. Instead of blaming anyone blame the Jeff Fisher or the Rams special teams coach for having the guts to dial up that play..Let's not act like we seen it coming cause I didn't.
I did...me and my cousin both said "watch out for the fake punt"...it's what the rams do.

stack55

Reaction score
The defense lost this game today. They let a 3rd string QB tear them up.

And yes that Burley guy got beat many times.
Special teams chases a shadow on that kick return.
Why didn't special teams watch where the ball was being kicked?
How many penalties?????
Embarrassing.....even stupid