Marshawn is messing with the Hawks?

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2jei7r8l said:
Blah speculation, blah.

You make up a load almost as good as the media. You know that ML was upset about not getting the ball?

Yeah.

SC

volsunghawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2eawmb2y said:
Honestly, I'm getting real sick of Marshawn's schtick, and if he wasn't BEAST mode on the field. I'm pretty sure everyone here wouldn't be so forgiving and ready to back up every little thing he says or does (or does not say or do).

If he wasn't Beast Mode on the field, the media wouldn't bother with him. How much time does the media spend hounding Clint Gresham? Let's not act like all the players have to put up with the same media attention, and that Lynch is the only one deciding he's had enough of it.

We're so quick to bash the media, yet you know what, we eat up everything they post. We're posting about the supposed leaks in contracts, talks, what is and is not going on in the locker room. You can't say you hate the media, but at the same time click all these links, read about it and then share it with others. Because that's all results from the media being the media. Hate the media, stop going to espn.com, stop clicking articles, stop watching anybody's press conferences.

First off, speak for yourself. I hardly spend any time on the ESPN site, and I haven't watched anything on ESPN for several years. I make the conscious choice to avoid ESPN as much as I can because I find their sensationalistic approach to sports media troubling. But even so, there is good sports media out there, and we see evidence of that every day. And not surprisingly, Marshawn Lynch has given good interviews to specific reporters he trusts. I don't think we're missing anything of substance when we don't get canned soundbytes from Lynch in the locker room after a game or during SB media day.

Then there's the thought about, well so and so likes the media. You know what. I'm pretty sure if you asked anyone behind close doors if they enjoy their media obligations their answer would be "HELL NO, I want that time back in my life". But the difference between those athletes/coaches/etc and Marshawn is they are being mature about it. They understand its just part of their job and they can either make the best of it, or be a jerk and say "I'm just here so I won't get fined" trying to seem like a victim. Then a few months later putting a trademark off of it, so you can bank off of it.

We're on to Cincinnati. You mean like that? That's maturity? I put the value of the empty cliches offered up by Russell Wilson, Pete Carroll, Bill Belichick, or any other athlete at about the same as I value Marshawn's silence. "We're working hard to get better. We're focused on one game at a time. Our upcoming opponent is a good team, and they have a lot of ways they can hurt you." It's all empty words that say nothing. Marshawn's silence is more honest at the very least.

I understand he's upset he didn't get the ball on 2nd down. But you know what he's excercising his leverage now. He's going to draw this into training camp and prevent the team from utilizing his potential salary cap to get free agents. Just imagine this, JS is offering $12M, Beast mode sits on it until training camp, maybe half way through, and then says....NAH I'm retiring. You still gonna defend him full well knowing that he screwed the team out of being able to draft and/or pick up free agents in preparation of this.

Nice crystal ball. We're only 3 weeks removed from the SB, still 2 weeks away from the start of FA, and a full 2 MONTHS away from the draft, and because he hasn't signed the reported deal from the Hawks yet or said anything about it, you magically know he's going to sabotage the team all the way into training camp? What a load of shit.

I love Beast Mode

Like hell you do.

I love the Seahawks. I love the Seahawks more than I love Beast Mode, and I do NOT love what he is doing. He has all right do what he's doing, but I'm not going to bless every little thing he says or does.

What is he doing, exactly? Give us PROOF of what he's doing that isn't couched in rampant media speculation. I double dog DARE you.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2b9s5s8t said:
Not knowing affects their draft projections.
I don't think that John Schneider nor Pete Carroll are holding off on their projections over the decisions that Lynch is going to make.
If they're not constantly on the lookout for replacement players,they're not doing their due diligence, and that applies to ALL the players on the team.
I'm thinking that they already have a list of players that they will take if available at the time their picks come around, as well as a list of contingency players they want should any on their 'A' list is not there for the taking.
I hope that they're planning for Lynch's replacement right now, as he's eventually going to retire anyways.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
bigskydoc":immopcxo said:
StoneCold":immopcxo said:
It makes me crazy listening to inane, negative speculation.

SC

Then this site must drive you absolutely bonkers!

- bsd RPA

:thirishdrinkers:

MVP53

Reaction score
volsunghawk":8y1qajus said:
ZagHawk":8y1qajus said:
Honestly, I'm getting real sick of Marshawn's schtick, and if he wasn't BEAST mode on the field. I'm pretty sure everyone here wouldn't be so forgiving and ready to back up every little thing he says or does (or does not say or do).

If he wasn't Beast Mode on the field, the media wouldn't bother with him. How much time does the media spend hounding Clint Gresham? Let's not act like all the players have to put up with the same media attention, and that Lynch is the only one deciding he's had enough of it.

We're so quick to bash the media, yet you know what, we eat up everything they post. We're posting about the supposed leaks in contracts, talks, what is and is not going on in the locker room. You can't say you hate the media, but at the same time click all these links, read about it and then share it with others. Because that's all results from the media being the media. Hate the media, stop going to espn.com, stop clicking articles, stop watching anybody's press conferences.

First off, speak for yourself. I hardly spend any time on the ESPN site, and I haven't watched anything on ESPN for several years. I make the conscious choice to avoid ESPN as much as I can because I find their sensationalistic approach to sports media troubling. But even so, there is good sports media out there, and we see evidence of that every day. And not surprisingly, Marshawn Lynch has given good interviews to specific reporters he trusts. I don't think we're missing anything of substance when we don't get canned soundbytes from Lynch in the locker room after a game or during SB media day.

Then there's the thought about, well so and so likes the media. You know what. I'm pretty sure if you asked anyone behind close doors if they enjoy their media obligations their answer would be "HELL NO, I want that time back in my life". But the difference between those athletes/coaches/etc and Marshawn is they are being mature about it. They understand its just part of their job and they can either make the best of it, or be a jerk and say "I'm just here so I won't get fined" trying to seem like a victim. Then a few months later putting a trademark off of it, so you can bank off of it.

We're on to Cincinnati. You mean like that? That's maturity? I put the value of the empty cliches offered up by Russell Wilson, Pete Carroll, Bill Belichick, or any other athlete at about the same as I value Marshawn's silence. "We're working hard to get better. We're focused on one game at a time. Our upcoming opponent is a good team, and they have a lot of ways they can hurt you." It's all empty words that say nothing. Marshawn's silence is more honest at the very least.

I understand he's upset he didn't get the ball on 2nd down. But you know what he's excercising his leverage now. He's going to draw this into training camp and prevent the team from utilizing his potential salary cap to get free agents. Just imagine this, JS is offering $12M, Beast mode sits on it until training camp, maybe half way through, and then says....NAH I'm retiring. You still gonna defend him full well knowing that he screwed the team out of being able to draft and/or pick up free agents in preparation of this.

Nice crystal ball. We're only 3 weeks removed from the SB, still 2 weeks away from the start of FA, and a full 2 MONTHS away from the draft, and because he hasn't signed the reported deal from the Hawks yet or said anything about it, you magically know he's going to sabotage the team all the way into training camp? What a load of shit.

I love Beast Mode

Like hell you do.

I love the Seahawks. I love the Seahawks more than I love Beast Mode, and I do NOT love what he is doing. He has all right do what he's doing, but I'm not going to bless every little thing he says or does.

What is he doing, exactly? Give us PROOF of what he's doing that isn't couched in rampant media speculation. I double dog DARE you.

Great post. Wow.

The news of this offer was reported, what, 3 days ago? Heaven forbid a guy take a few days to think over his future. The nerve.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Jim Moore and John Clayton are the ones who are always whining about Lynch. It's hilarious, and I'm glad they'll all look like idiots when he signs the deal. Not that it would take much to make these people look like idiots. :roll:

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2a36dxak said:
Jim Moore and John Clayton are the ones who are always whining about Lynch. It's hilarious, and I'm glad they'll all look like idiots when he signs the deal. Not that it would take much to make these people look like idiots. :roll:

Jim Moore is cheap entertainment and not to be taken seriously. :) I used to have respect for Clayton, but I would wager if you tracked every one of his predictions about who was going to get traded or get the job or who would sign for what, he'd get fired.

Brian Williams lied and he got fired, but Clayton can keep pulling you know what from his you know what and he gets to keep his job.

SC

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":170ry87w said:

That was Moore yesterday on the radio. "I'm just ready to move on cause I'm tired of talking about it."

That's it, that's his reasoning.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, at least Moore doesn't mind people telling him he's an idiot. I guess yesterday when he literally said "I'm just sick of the back and forth with this guy." etc. got on my nerves. At least he's honest enough to come out and say it.
And the Groz, dude needs to retire, and yesterday. :pukeface:

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
If Lynch does not sign the extension, the Seahawks should acquire Adrian Peterson and then cut Lynch.

I realize the social issues related to this plan but am really only looking at it from a football standpoint. If Lynch isn't going to play, then use it as an opportunity to sign one of, if not the best RBs in the NFL to a similar deal they are currently offering Lynch. AD is as much of a beast as Lynch IMO and if the Seahawks are locking down a stout running game for the next couple of years to be paired with this defense then I think it is a very viable option.

kearly

Reaction score
He's not messing with anybody. He's in negotiations, and he wants to see how far he can get the Seahawks offer to stretch.

FPD

Reaction score
I'm just here so I won't get fined.

bowzerbird

Reaction score
Amen Bro. I love [SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES] Marshawn and whatever he wants I'm all for his decision. I pray for him.

Latest posts