Marshawn Lynch and Skittles

Raptor22

Reaction score
Could someone please explain how they became connected?

A lot of times when Lynch is mentioned, Skittles are talked about too.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
There is a ton of information out there that explains this, but in the interest of saving time, here it is.

His mother used to give him some skittles (power pellets) to keep his sugar level up when playing football, so it became a habit at a young age that he continues.

Skittles first gave him a year supply. Now it appears they have entered into an actual arrangement with Marshawn, which has already more than likely made them money since you couldn't find Skittles on store shelves two weeks ago.

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
As legend would have it. Momma Beast would award her little man with Skittles after football practice or after a touchdown.

Totally shooting from the hip here, I may be wrong, but that's the general idea.

I believe he was also interviewed after a big game and asked something like, "What makes you run so hard?" He said skittles.

It's also scientifically proven. ESPN Sports Science talks about The Beasts Skittles habit.

[youtube]G2JO7noECR0[/youtube]

-The Glove-

Reaction score
During football games he would get an upset stomach. His mom gave him some candy to settle it. It worked but he told his mom it takes too long to chew; he needed something quicker and easier. So she got him skittles and started calling them power pellets. He's been using them ever since

lsheldon

Reaction score
^^ This one. I heard Marshawn explain it like this as well. Settled his stomach and was something that didn't take a long time to chew.