Marshawn Lynch being investigated for assault

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":7fuu7ct4 said:
loafoftatupu":7fuu7ct4 said:
Bob loblaw":7fuu7ct4 said:
Hes gotten himself in trouble just about every year since hes left Cal. Wont judge until the facts roll out but wont be at all surprised if he is charged with something. DUI's, Hit and run, Multiple weapons charges, hell why not add assault to your rap sheet.

I thought he had a single misdemeanor charge. You know, the one where the backpack, inside the trunk contained a 9mm pistol. Is there other's?

On Feb. 11, a few days after playing in the Pro Bowl, he was arrested in a Los Angeles suburb and charged with three weapons misdemeanors after a loaded 9mm semiautomatic weapon was found in the trunk of his Mercedes-Benz. Lynch is scheduled for arraignment April 2.

So Bob you must really be impressed with Pete and the Seahawks coaching staff and management right? You have spelled out the trouble Lynch had prior to coming to Seattle and that list is impressive but since being in Seattle Lynch has been a damn good team mate and player as well as cleaned his act up off the field as well. Sure he had one incident where he misjudged his alcohol intake before driving but that is his only blemish since joining the Seahawks.

Lets look at that blemish too. He blew right at the legal limit around 2am. It's not like he blew twice the legal limit after passing out behind the wheel of his car and crashing into a tree at 7:00 am in a residential neighborhood where kids were likely walking to school and he had to be at practice in a couple hours. He hasn't been asked to explain why people got shot at his house during a party or why he said he had a bomb to a TSA agent and when questioned couldn't even spell his own name from what looked like a drunken stupor that would make Tara Reid blush. He had one to many and was driving to his Hotel.

Whatever Pete and his crew are doing please keep doing it because his production, leadership and meaning to this team far out weighs his one dumb decision since becoming a Seahawk and triple that when you consider his past behavior in an organization that tried to control him.

Thanks for bringing up his past, without that information you could really misunderstand how well this organization has dealt with him and kept him going in the right direction.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1j91g3y1 said:
Bob loblaw":1j91g3y1 said:
loafoftatupu":1j91g3y1 said:
Bob loblaw":1j91g3y1 said:
Hes gotten himself in trouble just about every year since hes left Cal. Wont judge until the facts roll out but wont be at all surprised if he is charged with something. DUI's, Hit and run, Multiple weapons charges, hell why not add assault to your rap sheet.

I thought he had a single misdemeanor charge. You know, the one where the backpack, inside the trunk contained a 9mm pistol. Is there other's?

On Feb. 11, a few days after playing in the Pro Bowl, he was arrested in a Los Angeles suburb and charged with three weapons misdemeanors after a loaded 9mm semiautomatic weapon was found in the trunk of his Mercedes-Benz. Lynch is scheduled for arraignment April 2.

So Bob you must really be impressed with Pete and the Seahawks coaching staff and management right? You have spelled out the trouble Lynch had prior to coming to Seattle and that list is impressive but since being in Seattle Lynch has been a damn good team mate and player as well as cleaned his act up off the field as well. Sure he had one incident where he misjudged his alcohol intake before driving but that is his only blemish since joining the Seahawks.

Lets look at that blemish too. He blew right at the legal limit around 2am. It's not like he blew twice the legal limit after passing out behind the wheel of his car and crashing into a tree at 7:00 am in a residential neighborhood where kids were likely walking to school and he had to be at practice in a couple hours. He hasn't been asked to explain why people got shot at his house during a party or why he said he had a bomb to a TSA agent and when questioned couldn't even spell his own name from what looked like a drunken stupor that would make Tara Reid blush. He had one to many and was driving to his Hotel.

Whatever Pete and his crew are doing please keep doing it because his production, leadership and meaning to this team far out weighs his one dumb decision since becoming a Seahawk and triple that when you consider his past behavior in an organization that tried to control him.

Thanks for bringing up his past, without that information you could really misunderstand how well this organization has dealt with him and kept him going in the right direction.
I can guarantee that went right over the denialzoner's head!

dunceface

Reaction score
RichNhansom":yazmzffb said:
Bob loblaw":yazmzffb said:
loafoftatupu":yazmzffb said:
Bob loblaw":yazmzffb said:

:salute:

rlkats

Reaction score
This seems nothing more than the same situation that happened with Kapernick. It all sounds like crap. Ooh he is rich let's cause him if that don't work then let's sue him. All bogus

TwilightError

Reaction score
The team lets Marshawn be Marshawn, Sherman be Sherman, Doug be Doug etc. If that is special treatment then everyone gets it which makes it normal treatment...

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
RichNhansom":188aot1g said:
Bob loblaw":188aot1g said:
loafoftatupu":188aot1g said:
Bob loblaw":188aot1g said:

Firstly I could care less if he was or wasnt charged. If he didnt do then great for him. I said I wouldnt be surprised and besides you Seahawks fans no one else in the country would either.

Secondly, did you really just write that Marshawn "Misjudged his alcohol intake before he drove? Yea im sure he was out at 2 in the morning and forgot his alcohol intake card at home. I have news for ya mr DENIAL. Drunk is drunk and people get killed at 2 in the morning as well. As a matter of fact i will argue that it happens more often when it comes to alcohol. That was literally the stupidest post ive ever read on any message board. Why in the world would anyone even compare Aldon and Lynch. Whats the point they were both drunk and both could have killed someone at any moment.

If you were going to make a comparison, wouldnt you compare that fact that all of Aldon's trouble has come in the last 12 months. Hes never been in trouble EVER before this past year anywhere. Marshawn's has been in trouble since the day he left CAL. Its been almost 7 years and hes arrested almost every year or every other year. Who do you think has better chance of getting in trouble again? That is a comparison

JGreen79

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":2xniz41w said:
RichNhansom":2xniz41w said:

Firstly I could care less if he was or wasnt charged. If he didnt do then great for him. I said I wouldnt be surprised and besides you Seahawks fans no one else in the country would either.

Secondly, did you really just write that Marshawn "Misjudged his alcohol intake before he drove? Yea im sure he was out at 2 in the morning and forgot his alcohol intake card at home. I have news for ya mr DENIAL. Drunk is drunk and people get killed at 2 in the morning as well. As a matter of fact i will argue that it happens more often when it comes to alcohol. That was literally the stupidest post ive ever read on any message board. Why in the world would anyone even compare Aldon and Lynch. Whats the point they were both drunk and both could have killed someone at any moment.

If you were going to make a comparison, wouldnt you compare that fact that all of Aldon's trouble has come in the last 12 months. Hes never been in trouble EVER before this past year anywhere. Marshawn's has been in trouble since the day he left CAL. Its been almost 7 years and hes arrested almost every year or every other year. Who do you think has better chance of getting in trouble again? That is a comparison

So what you are saying is... in comparison the 49ers players get in more trouble per year the longer they are with the team, where as the Seahawks players get into less trouble per year? I couldn't agree more.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3o2xj5f1 said:
You're quoting a stupid f----ng "MEDIA"rule?, really??
Ever heard of "Mike Fright"?
It's no big deal to most players, but it petrifies the shit out of some people, so why the hell should those who do everything to avoid it, be fined, and or ridiculed?
For our entertainment?
If Y'all remember correctly, Marshawn even had a problem talking into a mike for Robinson's real-rob-report, and that was with his FRIEND and team mate.
Some of the unnecessary shit needs exemptions, and THAT is what Pete Carroll was alluding to when he said " We Just Let Marshawn Be Marshawn"
I prefer him to entertain me when he's in "Beastmode"

Do you mean "mic fright?"

No, I've never heard of that. Maybe in media alley for the SB with the crush of 1,000 media members I can understand Marshawn not being comfortable. But after local games with 10-15 local media? No, sorry, can't buy that.

He just doesn't want to be arsed to talk to anybody, because he doesn't care.

For the 100th time, I don't personally care either way, so don't think I'm criticizing Marshawn..........but if people on here don't think the rules are bent for him, they're naive. That's was the origin of this conversation, not whether it's right or wrong.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":15gbmhie said:
scutterhawk":15gbmhie said:
You're quoting a stupid f----ng "MEDIA"rule?, really??
Ever heard of "Mike Fright"?
It's no big deal to most players, but it petrifies the shit out of some people, so why the hell should those who do everything to avoid it, be fined, and or ridiculed?
For our entertainment?
If Y'all remember correctly, Marshawn even had a problem talking into a mike for Robinson's real-rob-report, and that was with his FRIEND and team mate.
Some of the unnecessary shit needs exemptions, and THAT is what Pete Carroll was alluding to when he said " We Just Let Marshawn Be Marshawn"
I prefer him to entertain me when he's in "Beastmode"

Do you mean "mic fright?"

No, I've never heard of that. Maybe in media alley for the SB with the crush of 1,000 media members I can understand Marshawn not being comfortable. But after local games with 10-15 local media? No, sorry, can't buy that.

He just doesn't want to be arsed to talk to anybody, because he doesn't care.

For the 100th time, I don't personally care either way, so don't think I'm criticizing Marshawn..........but if people on here don't think the rules are bent for him, they're naive. That's was the origin of this conversation, not whether it's right or wrong.
Gonna let you have the last word on this matter....even if it is wrong.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Sorry Loblaw, Like it or not it is relevant. They have a limit for a reason. Act above reproach all you want but bars all over America would fold if it wasn't legal to have a beer or two and drive home. The idea is to be somewhat smart about it. Don't drink until your so hammered you crash your car into a tree type of thing. That he was at the legal limit at 2:00 am displays he did exercise some level of self discipline and intelligence. Unfortunately not enough. Lets also not forget this is Lynch's first DUI, not his second like Aldon. Aldon already had one reduced just like Lynch's and it was less than a year from his latest one and again during the season. How do you spell dumb? I spell it Aldumb.

Aldon was well known for his partying and ignorance coming out of college. He was a risk and everyone knew it. Well apparently except you but maybe your new or just jumped back on the wagon in 2011. Don't try and paint Aldon as a saint even before his felony binge, he has been an idiot for a very long time and in no way is he a reflection of Marshawn Lynch since being a Seahawk.

Your every year thing is also delusional. Lynch has been in Seattle for 4 years now and only has one blemish on his record. Again, prior to getting here he had consistent trouble but that was a different city and team. Since being here he has been a pretty damn good team mate, player and leader.

Aldon on the other hand never had any serious trouble until he learned the Niner way. What is it your coaching staff and FO is teaching those guys? Looks like Brooks and Culliver are paying close attention to that Niner way Harbaugh is so proud of. Oh yeah who was the guy who got busted for being drunk in public shortly after the season ended? The whole season, not just when ended yours. You know after we won the super bowl.

Drunk is drunk huh? Well most everyone disagrees with you as well as every law in America. There is a huge difference between .08 and .15 and driving in a commercial area in the off season vs driving in a residential neighborhood at 7:00 am while kids are likely walking to school and during football season not to mention finding Pot and prescription pills that weren't his.

You really need to stop because you are just making yourself look bad. Maybe you haven't kept up with current events but your team is producing some serious idiots off the field and one DUI right at the legal limit is no comparison for all the stuff happening in Niner land.

By the way I was pulled over in 1992 and was given a field sobriety test and blew a .08 but back then the law was .10 so even though I was similar to Lynch I was still legal, had I blown a .15 even then I would have been arrested and booked for DUI. I don't drink and drive anymore but I am not dumb enough to think it doesn't happen all the time.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Retweeted by 710 ESPN Seattle
KING 5 News ‏@KING5Seattle 2m

#BREAKING Marshawn Lynch cleared of criminal investigation in Bellevue, WA
Expand

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1sn2zcdp said:
Retweeted by 710 ESPN Seattle
KING 5 News ‏@KING5Seattle 2m

#BREAKING Marshawn Lynch cleared of criminal investigation in Bellevue, WA
Expand
Just shocking I say, SHOCKING!!! :mrgreen:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Still wondering why Bellevue PD decided to issue a press release on their investigation before even interviewing the accused, especially when details of how they got the complaint (random person yelling into a police station intercom during the afternoon) seemed pretty ridiculous on their face.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1dxxgqut said:
Still wondering why Bellevue PD decided to issue a press release on their investigation before even interviewing the accused, especially when details of how they got the complaint (random person yelling into a police station intercom during the afternoon) seemed pretty ridiculous on their face.
It's a smart thing to do when word leaks from elsewhere. Silence gives consent, a.k.a. if they had kept their mouths shut it'd make Lynch look guilty...

kobebryant

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":i24pelml said:
DavidSeven":i24pelml said:
It's a smart thing to do when word leaks from elsewhere. Silence gives consent, a.k.a. if they had kept their mouths shut it'd make Lynch look guilty...

But wasn't the Bellevue PD the only reason that Lynch's name came out at all, essentially they created the story where there wasn't one. Do we even hear of this if not for the BPD?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kobebryant":191yt60l said:
But wasn't the Bellevue PD the only reason that Lynch's name came out at all, essentially they created the story where there wasn't one. Do we even hear of this if not for the BPD?
All it takes is one reporter calling up and asking about something regarding Lynch and boom, they know it's coming out and can preempt it with their own statement.

Just sayin'.

Latest posts