Marshawn No. 1 in TDs

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2b82qj27 said:
-The Glove-":2b82qj27 said:
Bigbadhawk":2b82qj27 said:
Honestly he didn't have anywhere close to a MVP year for a running back when compared to other running backs that have won the MVP since 2000.
How so?

He probably means attempts. Just about everything else is up for Lynch: TDs, yards per carry, receiving yards, total yards, etc. How many yards would he have running behind our offensive line in 2005? Or if Bevell didn't have his thumb up you-no-where in the first half of games?

Meant overall. I posted the numbers a couple post ahead of yours. It took me some time to gather the info to make that post so I was delayed in my initial response. Sure Lynch could be the MVP of the team but in my opinion based on prior MVP rushing winners his numbers don't stack up to be in the chat for NFL MVP.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":rvar52ov said:
hawknation2014":rvar52ov said:
-The Glove-":rvar52ov said:
Bigbadhawk":rvar52ov said:
Honestly he didn't have anywhere close to a MVP year for a running back when compared to other running backs that have won the MVP since 2000.
How so?

He probably means attempts. Just about everything else is up for Lynch: TDs, yards per carry, receiving yards, total yards, etc. How many yards would he have running behind our offensive line in 2005? Or if Bevell didn't have his thumb up you-no-where in the first half of games?

Meant overall. I posted the numbers a couple post ahead of yours. It took me some time to gather the info to make that post so I was delayed in my initial response. Sure Lynch could be the MVP of the team but in my opinion based on prior MVP rushing winners his numbers don't stack up to be in the chat for NFL MVP.

The game is about more than numbers though (total yards specifically because Lynch's TD total is more than previous winners like Petersen and Tomlinson). For example, Lynch might not have the most rushing yards, but he has been the best RB this year when you look beyond the numbers at things like broken tackles and clutch plays in leading this team to the No. 1 seed. He has done things on the field that few RBs have ever done.

MVP is a different question. I would personally vote for J.J. Watt before Lynch because I think he is even more valuable. But he absolutely belongs in the discussion after the season he had.

byau

Reaction score
Hawks46":x9qtroda said:
I think he'll be back next year if he doesn't retire.

If I'm Schneider, I ask him how long he wants to keep playing, then give him a fair 2-3 year contract with a fair amount of guaranteed money.

He's worth it, he's earned it, and I love the way that we're saving him a bit for the playoffs. Turbin and Michael seem like a damn good change of pace and Turbin in particular has been playing well of late. If we can manage Lynch's reps, I can see him lasting another 2-3 years, even with his play style.

He is worth it, even if we migrate to a running back by committee with Turbin and Michael. Prolong the life of the RBs and really pound the opposing D all game - nice thought

I really hope we keep WIll Tukuafu :)

There was one play in the game where Marshawn got a short gain, one or two yards, and afterwards Will went up to Marshawn and I'd love to know what words were exchanged because Marshawn just gave Will an encouraging slap on the helmet.

This guy... totally rocks.

will-tukuafu.jpg

Latest posts