Marshawn wins appeal on $50k fine

pmedic920

Reaction score
yby7ume7.jpg

Carmon1274

Reaction score
So what happened to people that donated the money for his fine? Is it refunded or....

and the money that Lynch would math to charity, is it pretty much nothing will happen? :eek:

Shock2k

Reaction score
Carmon1274":3m4wytkz said:
So what happened to people that donated the money for his fine? Is it refunded or....

and the money that Lynch would math to charity, is it pretty much nothing will happen? :eek:

Lynch said even if they give all the money back, he will still donate that amount.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":7fh83p3g said:
And to be fair, Florio is absolutely 100% spot on here...

So, basically, if Lynch deliberately disregards one more time a fair and reasonable policy aimed at ensuring players are available to reporters — who serve as the official liaisons to the fans — then Lynch will lose $100,000.

And then the fans, who are the intended beneficiaries of the league’s media policies, can try to offset the six-figure fine by raising money for a guy who made $7 million in salary this season.

No, actually, Florio is being his usual douchey self here. He can't even see the irony in his own post, namely that Seahawk fans--clearly the "intended beneficiaries" of this "fair and reasonable policy"--are the ones who have been all but universally supportive of Lynch NOT talking to the media.

Serious, have any of you even run across ONE Seahawk fan who laments the fact that Lynch doesn't like doing interviews or other media appearances? I haven't. And yet, per Florio, we're the ones who stand to benefit from him being forced to do something he clearly doesn't like to do?

Why does Lynch need to talk to the press, anyway? We've got Richard Freaking Sherman on the roster! Who needs anyone else? ;)

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
So, let me get this straight...if Marshawn meets with the media and has no value added info for the media, ala Kaep and Douchebag, then he won't be fined? I'm not sure I understand the approach of fining if the player doesn't want to talk. Essentially the media is getting ho hum responses from those players/coaches. How does this grow the game and promote the league? It's just a time/energy drain. Period.

mikeak

Reaction score
Another way of looking at it. Anytime one of us reads about a player missing interviews we should tweet Goodell and ask for a $50k fine....

muxpux

Reaction score
as i heard on i believe Sportsnation, there are plenty of other guys on the team who dont even get ASKED to do interviews. i guess if your popular your subject to fines.

dunceface

Reaction score
this whole thing was just kinda weird but I do look forward to Lynch stonewalling reporters something like Bellicheck
but he will have to get a lil more creative and THAT should make for good entertainment!

Zorn76

Reaction score
Marshawn "Beast Mode" Lynch's style on the field - and off it - is one of most refreshing things in the NFL today.

kearly

Reaction score
MoneyLynch24 must be pretty happy to hear this news.

themunn

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1x43efvw said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1x43efvw said:
And to be fair, Florio is absolutely 100% spot on here...

So, basically, if Lynch deliberately disregards one more time a fair and reasonable policy aimed at ensuring players are available to reporters — who serve as the official liaisons to the fans — then Lynch will lose $100,000.

And then the fans, who are the intended beneficiaries of the league’s media policies, can try to offset the six-figure fine by raising money for a guy who made $7 million in salary this season.

No, actually, Florio is being his usual douchey self here. He can't even see the irony in his own post, namely that Seahawk fans--clearly the "intended beneficiaries" of this "fair and reasonable policy"--are the ones who have been all but universally supportive of Lynch NOT talking to the media.

Serious, have any of you even run across ONE Seahawk fan who laments the fact that Lynch doesn't like doing interviews or other media appearances? I haven't. And yet, per Florio, we're the ones who stand to benefit from him being forced to do something he clearly doesn't like to do?

Why does Lynch need to talk to the press, anyway? We've got Richard Freaking Sherman on the roster! Who needs anyone else? ;)

you think it's ok he doesn't do something that's part of his job and part of contract under NFL rules because he doesn't like it?. There are literally hundreds of millions of people who have to do stuff they don't like as part of their job every damn day. And if they don't, they don't get fines they can easily afford to pay. They get sacked.

I'm supposed to feel sympathy for him because he can't face 5 minutes answering some questions?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Thing is, nobody in the media – at least the Seattle media – stresses over Lynch’s failure to communicate. Nobody representing a Seattle-area media outlet contacted the office of commissioner Roger Goodell and tattled on the recalcitrant running back.

I suspect the league took action after ESPN was unable to arrange an interview with Lynch for a feature on his unforgettable “Beast Quake” touchdown against the Saints in the first round of the playoffs after the 2010 season.

And why would the league care so much about Lynch rebuffing ESPN? Maybe because the network is paying the NFL $1.9 billion a year for rights fees through 2021. Along with the rights fees agreed to by Fox, NBC and CBS, the money from ESPN is shared by the league’s 32 teams and, by extension, the players on those teams.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/01/0 ... rylink=cpy

A

Anonymous

I think the media really wants Marshawn on camera because he's not going to be giving the normal, lip-service type, buzz-word filled responses that camera-friendly Wilson and Sherman provide. It is more-riveting news to hear what a man of few words has to say.

Watching this ML clip, I found myself on the edge of my seat in anticipation of what he was going to say. That is exactly what the networks want me to feel, so as this thing winds through the post season that is the stuff they will raise red flags to get.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 2753ccd50b

Seeker

Reaction score
Lol at florio acting like they are curing cancer being sports reporters. maybe if they didn't ask players stupid questions like "do you like skittles" he wouldn't avoid the media.

Inspector

Reaction score
Yep.. Marshawn has to come out of his shell some.

I don't agree with the NFL forcing someone to speak, but then he accepted the contract so they have every right....

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":29cru6db said:
Thing is, nobody in the media – at least the Seattle media – stresses over Lynch’s failure to communicate. Nobody representing a Seattle-area media outlet contacted the office of commissioner Roger Goodell and tattled on the recalcitrant running back.

I suspect the league took action after ESPN was unable to arrange an interview with Lynch for a feature on his unforgettable “Beast Quake” touchdown against the Saints in the first round of the playoffs after the 2010 season.

And why would the league care so much about Lynch rebuffing ESPN? Maybe because the network is paying the NFL $1.9 billion a year for rights fees through 2021. Along with the rights fees agreed to by Fox, NBC and CBS, the money from ESPN is shared by the league’s 32 teams and, by extension, the players on those teams.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/01/0 ... rylink=cpy

The local print media here has adjusted to Marshawn, they have learned to work around it, they're used to it.

But like that quote above, the problem starts when you have the big ESPN, NFL Network, SI, FOX, CBS, etc coming in for big games..... and they get turned down for an interview? Yea that doesn't fly.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
If all sports reporters were fired and not replaced would anyone really miss them? I still don't understand what purpose they serve. The muckraking, the hypocritical moralizing, the inane softball questions, the ignorance of the very sport they are assigned to cover - none of it would be missed. Just give me the box scores and let me watch the games and let people like Mike Florio serve a more productive role in society, like cleaning toilets at the bus station.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
You're going to get watered down responses to questions, it's essentially going to give the media nothing of value, and the contract will be satisfied. That's the end result. Does that match the end goal?