Maxwell Changes Agents

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3jkge36i said:
pmedic920":3jkge36i said:
Don't you ever rest. :{)

Quick draw McGraw

I wonder what we can read into this move, if anything?

On this board, we can read just about anything out of just about everything. That's a pandora's box best left closed. :lol:
Too late Kid, many of us have already pulled the pry-bars out of our tool boxes :mrgreen:

Bprez3

Reaction score
I don't think this means he will resign. Kam Chancellor most likey gave their now shared agent a vote of confidence to Maxwell. Interesting though

Louis Riddick ‏@LRiddickESPN 12m12 minutes ago
UFA CB Byron Maxwell's new agent, Alvin Keels, also represents L.O.B. teammate Kam Chancellor.

https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawks46":2o6t1tj8 said:
To me, this sounds like Maxwell's former agent beat the bushes and got some initial idea from GM's what his value was, and Maxwell didn't like the sound of it.

Maxwell is on record as saying he wants 10 mil/year. Watching all his buddies getting paid that much, and holding down his side of the field, plus the way the FA market has turned out for CB's, and it's not a stretch to see why he thinks why.

Typically players dump an agent because they feel the agent isn't getting the top dollars they felt they deserved.

The way Byron has been talking, that's a possibility; however, whatever he says to the media could just be posturing.

Everyone has their true reasons, which they might not state publicly.

For example: Russell fired Bus Kirk, with the publicly stated reason that he wanted to consolidate his baseball and football contract matters under one roof, which may be only a half truth. Bus Kirk was the guy behind all of Favre's protracted holdouts and was crowing in the media about how Russ's contract would be 'record-setting.' Not that Russ doesn't appreciate the vote of confidence, but I don't think the grand standing and virtual promise to hold the team hostage meshed all that well with how Russ likes to operate.

Maxwell might not have wanted to hear his true value, OR maybe the agent was taking a hostile approach to negotiations...who knows for sure.

original poster

Reaction score
It's one of those things that we as fans we never find out either, unfortunately.

This doesn't change my opinion that he's 100% gone though, if anything, it reinforces it.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
original poster":32kl66w1 said:
It's one of those things that we as fans we never find out either, unfortunately.

This doesn't change my opinion that he's 100% gone though, if anything, it reinforces it.
Yep. In the end, the almighty dollar usually wins. Especially with a young guy looking for that first big payday.

djb28

Reaction score
I guess he is realizing he can upgrade his life. He doesn't need a Saul Rosenberg anymore now that he can make some real cash.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Northhawk":2pb9jwpk said:
Actually, this may be negative. He might see his value higher than his agent -- maybe unrealistically high.

Or...since we are all speculating on this thread, maybe Maxie got a bad vibe from his agent. Maxie knows he is worth about X$$$ and knows that what the split for his agent is X$$ and maybe his agent tried to :stirthepot: for his own benefit. Could be as simple as that too. Agents know where the money lies and where the lies lay too.

Go Hawks. :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/InsideTheLeague/status/573634224235802624[/tweet]

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Did anyone see what he had to say on EastcoastbiaSedsPortsprogrammiNg today? I was at a locale that had that program on and they said that he was coming on the channel soon. I had to leave. Home called.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":364q1qks said:
Did anyone see what he had to say on EastcoastbiaSedsPortsprogrammiNg today? I was at a locale that had that program on and they said that he was coming on the channel soon. I had to leave. Home called.

I have no idea, but I have heard some ramblings on twitter and such that he wants to go to a team with a cover 3 defense