Mayowa media stuff

jblaze

Reaction score
I kind of hope that we rely on our red-shirted 2013 for DL. I think we have a lot of talent there and we have our big dogs in Bennett, Avril and Mebane there so we can rotate the rest and use whoever performs best.

I'm not big on Allen, also I think he wants a ton of money and has always been odd. I think he may retire actually as opposed to taking a lesser deal.

Melton sounds like he wants too much too. We spend more on the DL than anyone else in the league, maybe back off that strategy a bit and let the young guys develop?

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Wanted to revive this thread in lieu of Allen signing with CHI as this could prove to be an important player. We may still draft a DE in mid to later rounds or bring in another FA DE that still has untapped potential, but I don't think Mayowa should be discounted in this mix. He's got a lot of ability and explosion for the position that has manifested on an NFL football field albeit preseason.

sutz

Reaction score
A positive thread. Who'da thunk? :laugh:

I'm on board with seeing what the young guys we already have on the roster can do. We've seen some glimpses, and obviously, Pete & staff have seen a lot more. If they're OK going forward, I'm behind them.

Then, we have the draft to plug a couple/few more guys into the depth chart to develop behind them.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
Mayowa looks like a young Clemons coming off the edge, dipping his shoulder and getting around the LT. Good balance and effort. Will need to see more obviously. Would like to see a spin move once he gets the LT leaning to the outside (Clemon has this one down to a science) and would like to see some strength where he bullrushes the LT, as well. But Mayowa definately has some potential for that LEO spot.

jblaze

Reaction score
I hope Mayowa pans out, I really do. Kid looks like he's got skills. Just concerns me a bit he didn't get more playing time last year even if Clemons and Avril were healthy. You'd think he would have gotten some playing time.

Basis4day

Reaction score
jblaze":2hqkshrb said:
I hope Mayowa pans out, I really do. Kid looks like he's got skills. Just concerns me a bit he didn't get more playing time last year even if Clemons and Avril were healthy. You'd think he would have gotten some playing time.

Not with the limitations of the 46 man game-day roster and injured o-lineman for a lot of the year.