McCown out Cutler back in

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Bears front office POV, this makes sense, need to see what Cutler can do prior to the off season, for my fantasy team not so much as McCown was killing it for the last few weeks.

rottweiler

Reaction score
12th_Bob":712wfz4g said:
Bears front office POV, this makes sense, need to see what Cutler can do prior to the off season, for my fantasy team not so much as McCown was killing it for the last few weeks.

:sarcasm_on: Bet that was exactly why they made Cutler the guy again, too. :sarcasm_off:

BreesIsOverrated

Reaction score
The Lions have literally a 100% chance of winning the NFC North now. Cutler is probably the 5th best QB in that division.

HawkWow

Reaction score
There is very little loyalty in this game anymore. A player signs a 3 year contract, has a better than expected first year, then immediately wants to redo his contract again. But the union would have a fit if the team tried to do the same, if that same player crapped the bed that 1st year.

For a very long time the unwritten rule was " a player can't lose his spot due to injury". I think that notion needs to be kicked to the curb. You go with the player that is winning football games or has the most value to your team / cause. Reports suggest the Bears have rallied around McCown. Reports also suggest Cutler will want top dollar (!?) to re-sign with the team. More reports suggest there is no way that will happen and that Cutler is out of Chicago.

If the above reports are true, and they make too much sense not to be, why in the world would they bench McCown for Cutler? Cutler cannot stay healthy, they can't trade him and he will soon be off the team. Am I missing something here?

Latest posts