McDaniels Stays with NE

original poster

Reaction score
mistaowen":2v6w7hse said:
Bevell as HC, make it happen!

Their pool of candidates is certainly limited given how late in the firing/hiring process the rest of the league is at so it's not totally ridiculous by any stretch...

253hawk

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":1mal5fyr said:
Must've offered him more $$$

Kraft had all month to offer him more money, or Josh had all month to accept it. Backing out at the last minute is a huge douche move (and even more so for the coaches he picked that moved their families to Indy already -- and he was still calling around yesterday before the announcement was made), but what can ya expect from a guy in his 40s that wears a visor? He'd better hope Billy retires and that he manages to keep some of the success going after Brady is gone, because no owner is going to want to touch that snake.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
If he had reservations about moving his family why go this far down the path? And then to actual hire the assistant coaches? If there is karma, if he gets the HC job in New England at some point hopefully he crashes and burns and is forever remembered as a guy who rode Brady's coattails.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":257xow3r said:
Sox-n-Hawks":257xow3r said:
I hate seeing a guy like Andrew Luck get stuck there.
Can't agree with you on this one. Not a great organization, but not a terrible one, either.

Strongly disagree. The Polian/Dungy duo lent a perception of stability to an otherwise volatile organization. The owner is a mess, and Grigson/Pagano was a disaster. The team is looking for their fourth head coach since Dungy retired. Yes, Arians’ interim stint was due to unfortunate circumstances, but it still counts. As fun as it is to bash JMcD, I’m not sure I can blame him for cold feet given the well-documented organizational dysfunction.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Can't lie....

....my first thought was thank god he backed out of contention for Niners job a few weeks before the Super Bowl.

He was choice 1B for me with Shanahan being 1A (mostly because I love that run scheme). I was bummed when he backed out because I was concerned they might not be able to land Shanahan.

Now Im thinkin' thank god he backed out when he did.

Even when I wanted him as the coach I thought he was a bit of a jerk. Now I think the guy is a tool.

original poster

Reaction score
He left a lot of people right up the creek without a paddle. Shameful.

Maybe it'll come round and bite him in the arse.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pretty flippen tacky imo. His rep is toast. Unless he got offered the coaching job once Bill B retires. But, he still had HIS coaches get hired, told them he was the coach in Indy etc. Then just pulls out, last minute. So weak.

Threedee

Reaction score
253hawk":35n1qvoh said:
Seahawk_Dan":35n1qvoh said:
Must've offered him more $$$

Kraft had all month to offer him more money, or Josh had all month to accept it. Backing out at the last minute is a huge douche move (and even more so for the coaches he picked that moved their families to Indy already -- and he was still calling around yesterday before the announcement was made), but what can ya expect from a guy in his 40s that wears a visor? He'd better hope Billy retires and that he manages to keep some of the success going after Brady is gone, because no owner is going to want to touch that snake.

You just made Lane Kiffin cry with that visor remark.

kobebryant

Reaction score
If this was playing the long game of revenge for the Colts being the deflategate snitches that'd be tremendous :irishdrinkers:

253hawk

Reaction score
Threedee":e01rebz7 said:
You just made Lane Kiffin cry with that visor remark.

In college I almost kinda get it, because these guys are around kids all day so they're constantly reminded of their own middle-life crisis, but at a pro level it's just weird. If you want to keep the sun/lights out of your eyes, just wear a normal damned hat.

I can see its use in a competitive environment if you're actually doing something, but standing around on the sidelines is pretty low-risk for overheating, particularly in the northeast from September through January.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I feel like Doug Pederson makes the visor work though. Decent hair, coaches with guts.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
What a dumb move. He will never be a Head Coach in the league again. He just ruined his career.

Seahawkville

Reaction score
Brady will retire and he will be left with a pile of Hank when BB is gone. He screwed the Colts.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I think I Heard Clayton say, Joshyboy(Claytons name for him now), agent fired him.. I guess moves like that, harms a agents reputation.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Colts owner is a P.O.S. He's used his money to get him off when young women he was with, that he had paid for an apartment for, overdosed on drugs. He's a lush, and takes advantage of those less fortunate.

original poster

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2pulb14r said:
I think I Heard Clayton say, Joshyboy(Claytons name for him now), agent fired him.. I guess moves like that, harms a agents reputation.

Yeah he did. He said someones word is important to him and Josh went against that.

He also manages one of the Colts FO guys, can't remember who, mind.

253hawk

Reaction score
original poster":2bye2es4 said:
Bobblehead":2bye2es4 said:

Yeah he did. He said someones word is important to him and Josh went against that.

He also manages one of the Colts FO guys, can't remember who, mind.

Ballard, their GM.

Latest posts