McKissic being reactivated

Seymour

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":j0jxyv04 said:
Great to see J.D. back on the squad. As an all-purpose scat back he's probably best lined up outside or in the slot. Hope they use him for both return roles at minimum. 3 TDs last year, maybe he'll help us out down the stretch.

And I still don't see the advantage in keeping Prosise. He's not going to really help a rival and it's almost an oxymoron keeping him as insurance for injury.

Not if mayhem works for the insurance company. :twisted:

A0cK

chris98251

Reaction score
Well if we cut him and he goes somewhere he will take up their roster spot not ours is a thought also, you know he will only make one or two plays and be back on the Insurance Roster :)

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2gjjgxfa said:
The Breh":2gjjgxfa said:
West TX Hawk":2gjjgxfa said:
And I still don't see the advantage in keeping Prosise. He's not going to really help a rival and it's almost an oxymoron keeping him as insurance for injury.
Because if we have him that means the Rams, Vikes, GB, Car, NE, whoever....doesn't.
Chess not checkers.
Personnel prevent D, and yes-an insurance policy if need be.

You get it.....chess.....not checkers. :2thumbs:

Interesting thought.....Checkers is more like high scoring that the new age kids want where Chess is more a defensive scheme and when every piece is set up...strike system. Interesting how that works out.

Chess requires much time and patience--neither of which are in surplus for Prosise.

While I understand fears of those that dread another Spencer Ware, Collins scenario, for every one of those new team success stories, you have many more Chris Matthews and Chris Harper events--guys that never do anything elsewhere. It may be just me, but I think Prosise's talent was greatly overstated. Like Matthews, he had essentially 1 fluke game...and that was it. C.J. has been healthy at times and hasn’t produced the last couple years. He's no longer needed here with J.D. back and I really doubt he does well with another team.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":ju7yzlpr said:
Seahawkfan80":ju7yzlpr said:
The Breh":ju7yzlpr said:
West TX Hawk":ju7yzlpr said:
Because if we have him that means the Rams, Vikes, GB, Car, NE, whoever....doesn't.
Chess not checkers.

You get it.....chess.....not checkers. :2thumbs:

Interesting thought.....Checkers is more like high scoring that the new age kids want where Chess is more a defensive scheme and when every piece is set up...strike system. Interesting how that works out.

Chess requires much time and patience--neither of which are in surplus for Prosise.

While I understand fears of those that dread another Spencer Ware, Collins scenario, for every one of those new team success stories, you have many more Chris Matthews and Chris Harper events--guys that never do anything elsewhere. It may be just me, but I think Prosise's talent was greatly overstated. Like Matthews, he had essentially 1 fluke game...and that was it. C.J. has been healthy at times and hasn’t produced the last couple years. He's no longer needed here with J.D. back and I really doubt he does well with another team.

The only thing I am concerned with is the pawn that is near the end that can be turned into a rook. If we run out of pawns and we have no bishops, rooks, or knights, we are stuck without pawns to fill in for the 3 mentioned. I dont expect Prosise to make it very far in the process, but I do remember last year very vividly. I recall that we were almost going to the street corner with a sign...Need a Running Back...Will pay with food.

Last year, our stable was bare, our cupboard was bare and Ole Mother Hubbard was even hoping for some magic beans...At least with magic beans we can make recovery water. :mrgreen: :twisted: :stirthepot:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Couple things in here:

Cutting a small WR (Reynolds) that has hardly seen the field for another small WR (McKissic) that can moonlight as RB and actually has seen the fieldmakes some sense down the stretch.

Another thing is that if you compare McKissic's speed to Davis or any any of uur other backs...McKissic is technically the slowest on the roster. In fact, he's the slowest of all our backs and WRs at 4.62. Now, if you're talking about quickness, agility, acceleration, etc then that's a different story.

D

DomeHawk

He has the ability/talent to help us win a game AND even if it is ONLY one game, it's still better than nothing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2m3ncebx said:

1. He's still cheap
2. He's a great RB to have on your bench if someone get's hurt
3. Good practice competition for the other backs to keep sharp
4. If he can ever stay healthy, he's actually got some value

No reason to cut a more talented and cheap player at an important position on your team vs borderline practice squad WR.

Love having McKissic back, he's our most traditional experienced 3rd down back.

mikeak

Reaction score
I thought you have a bit of time after getting him off in-season IR before you have to deactive someone else

If room is needed Procise is going, gone, gets injured by the door hitting him in the back

ivotuk

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":33w564ut said:
I’d much rather see McKissic on jets sweeps than Lockett. I love Lockett, but for some reason to me he looks at his slowest when tasked with it.

I get the impression that Lockett makes the wrong cuts. I could be wrong, and usually am, but it seems like a different runner might be more successful at Jet Sweeps.

chris98251

Reaction score
vin.couve12":mmqdxkkr said:
Couple things in here:

Cutting a small WR (Reynolds) that has hardly seen the field for another small WR (McKissic) that can moonlight as RB and actually has seen the fieldmakes some sense down the stretch.

Another thing is that if you compare McKissic's speed to Davis or any any of uur other backs...McKissic is technically the slowest on the roster. In fact, he's the slowest of all our backs and WRs at 4.62. Now, if you're talking about quickness, agility, acceleration, etc then that's a different story.

That 40 time is off, Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 if I remember but on a football field much, much, faster, you can see by how he runs by guys and accelerates on returns.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I hate to see snaps taken away from Penny however McKissic’s speed could be useful as a change of pace.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
chris98251":1lrqd632 said:
vin.couve12":1lrqd632 said:
Couple things in here:

That 40 time is off, Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 if I remember but on a football field much, much, faster, you can see by how he runs by guys and accelerates on returns.
Both Jerry and TO ran in the 4.6s and improved throughout their careers through hardcore training. Even still, McKissic is very quick and hus 0-60 is great, but still not fast per se. You see that on the longer side of the route tree with him. The 0-60 can get him behind a guy, but he can't sustain it in a straight line.

toffee

Reaction score
Jerry Rice never was good with track speed, however, fully pad and uniformed with ball in his arms, He ran faster than DC in pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tical21

Reaction score
He's going to have a minimal role, but could potentially make some pretty big plays for us. We love the screen/draw game on long downs. Schotty also has had some success with small, receiving backs. If he can just make a couple big plays for us, that would be huge! I am pretty optimistic on this kid, I think he has a little something to him. Now, it's going to take Penny/Davis off the field some, which is a little less than optimal, but if we can find some ways to use him without getting too cute, he has a skillset that could potentially help the team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, another weapon. And fresh legs this deep in to the season can really help. He's a pretty versatile player.

Jville

Reaction score
McKissic is a noteworthy addition to special teams. This week they need a special teams replacement for safety Shalom Luani. Alternately, game day could see only 4 active wide receivers going into the 49er game with McKissic active.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2n05cysr said:
The Breh":2n05cysr said:
West TX Hawk":2n05cysr said:
Chess not checkers.

If you really wanted to keep Procise from rivals, just give him some first team reps in practice until he pulls something then IR him.

Turns out I was probably clairvoyant.

Jville

Reaction score
:177692: Never the less, the return of McKissic is a positive development worthy of celebration. :229031_thewave:

Latest posts