Metcalf seems to not come down when pass is contested

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
This seems to be a trend. When he is wide open and an Easy catch he looks good. He can’t use his size and speed to be a difference maker. Something seems off with him this year

JPatera76

Reaction score
This seems to be a trend. When he is wide open and an Easy catch he looks good. He can’t use his size and speed to be a difference maker. Something seems off with him this year

I feel at times... with those he plays for a flag than to make the catch tbh. Like there he was looking at the ref witha "well?" since the DB didnt look back.

cymatica

Reaction score
This is why I've been critical of him. He plays half his size when covered and tracking the ball. The pass hit him right in the shoulder

HawkFreak

Reaction score
That was catchable.

I hate Geno's decision to throw that instead of a higher percentage 1st down option...but for DK's size and compensation he should win waaaaaay more of those than he does.

Mizak

Reaction score
I feel at times... with those he plays for a flag than to make the catch tbh. Like there he was looking at the ref witha "well?" since the DB didnt look back.
He’s need to freaking ignore the refs and just play the god damn game.

cymatica

Reaction score
That was catchall.

I hate Geno's decision to throw that instead of a higher percentage 1st down option...but for DK's size and compensation he should win waaaaaay more of those than he does.
He completely sucks at contested catches, especially jump balls. Tate was half his size and way more reliable

JerHawk81

Reaction score
It feels like he's regressed here slightly this year. I think he was better last year with contested catches.

NoGain

Reaction score
Metcalf is limited as a pass receiver. There's things he just can't do, or can't seem to learn to do. And, yes, he doesn't have great hands.

I could move on from Metcalf this off season.

WarHawks

Reaction score
He didn't high point the ball, and let it hit him on the shoulder. Sigh.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Don’t say anything critical about DK. People here will get mad and call you a DK hater.

cymatica

Reaction score
Metcalf is limited as a pass receiver. There's things he just can't do, or can't seem to learn to do. And, yes, he doesn't have great hands.

I could move on from Metcalf this off season.
He might just be a better tight end or used more in the slot to get space. He's a good blocker too