Metcalf

Bobblehead

Reaction score
hawkfan68":80qkz1v9 said:
Steal of the 2019 NFL draft. Proving he can be Calvin Johnson like. He already knows how to use his size as an advantage.

:) Calvin Johnson? Maybe even half of Calvin Johnson would be good.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Makes you wonder what the hell Ole Miss coaches were doing? This is a guy who should have dominated in college.

toffee

Reaction score
CPHawk":pctor9df said:
Makes you wonder what the hell Ole Miss coaches were doing? This is a guy who should have dominated in college.

Ole had TWO NFL starting WR on their roster. Our DK and AJ Brown of Titans.

This's AJ:
Sun 9/15 vs IND
3 rec 5 targeted 25 yards 8.3 average 11 long
Sun 9/8 @ CLE
3 rec 4 targeted 100 yards 33.3 average 51 long

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
CPHawk":2fjs5my4 said:

Their coaches were probably conducting practices, making plans for games ("game plans" if you will), etc. Coaches can often be found doing coach things.

Jase

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":2e20znx3 said:
Props to Bevell for putting him in a position to succeed.
I

I laughed pretty hard at this. Thank you, sir!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Anyone else notice Schottenheimer called the same route for him three times in a row? Fade...

Not knocking on DK, he had a good game but why the hell doesn’t the OC do more things with DK?

A bit insulting.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
DK is proving that he's a fast learner, and it's great to see him & Russ developing chemistry this early in his career. We all know he has height, speed, and power, but to me, his most impressive trait so far, has been his work ethic.

TwilightError

Reaction score
It was great seeing Russ pass to him like one does for a big no 1 receiver. Expecting him to win one on ones and not afraid of tight windows. As pointed out, there were misreads or botched routes, which is fixable and allows us to expect even more from this duo.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I'm with all a lot of you here. I thought, when he was drafted, that he would be a big developmental project. The big bodied outside receiver with either minimal college production or from a small school with little competition, but is a combine warrior. I feel like that story happens at least every other year. He still has a long ways to go, but he is fast tracking his development at the pro level and it's awesome to see.

There were only two other WRs I wanted over DK during the draft. In order, JJ Arcega-Whiteside and DK college running mate, AJ Brown. I think both of them will be great for their respective teams, and hopefully DK will be also. I'm on record as also being a huge Jazz Ferguson fan. If both of them can develop into legit starting WRs.....oh man. That would be nasty with Lockett.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seems like all the concerns about this guy were unwarranted. He looks like a vet out there, and he's only gonna' get better.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The play I really appreciated was the blitz-beater where he turned around in the open spot and Russ found him. Tells me he's not just a big strong guy with a great 40 time.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":z6uv4nmh said:
Anyone else notice Schottenheimer called the same route for him three times in a row? Fade...

Not knocking on DK, he had a good game but why the hell doesn’t the OC do more things with DK?

A bit insulting.
2 games.

Who knows how well they feel he is progressing. He could have asked Shotty to call that 3 times. Maybe they just want for him to learn a little more before they give him more. WRs sometimes take up to 3 years to reach their potential or even show any kind of dominance. What he's shown so far is promising in a real giddy way.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I've been very impressed with him so far. He's not playing like a rookie. The only thing I don't like so far is his taste in mouthpieces.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":rmdbcey2 said:
Mouthpiece is hilarious. Just a kid having some fun.

If he keeps on making the catches that he has been making, I don't care what kind of mouthpiece he has.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I've always hated those nickname threads.

But holy shit I love the nickname Binky.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3cp0c4n9 said:
Mouthpiece is hilarious. Just a kid having some fun.
I think he's using the mouthpiece to distract the Defenders. :mrgreen:

Latest posts