Miami Herald -Early Prediction of the Miami-Seattle Game

kearly

Reaction score
On paper this should be the biggest blowout of week 1.

However, Miami's DL is IMO one of the nastiest pass rushing groups in the league, and they have the kind of speed off the ends that is going to make Bradley Sowell and Garry Gilliam look so bad that .net will be full of chicken littles even if Seattle wins.

The Dolphins run game has been bad this preseason, and Arian Foster is old, but he has had success against Seattle in the past. Tannehill is 1-0 lifetime against Seattle and knows how to attack a zone defense.

Mostly, I am scared just a little that Seattle will shoot themselves in the foot too many times and trail 17-6 at halftime, before getting serious and roaring back for a suspenseful 34-27 win. The reason I feel this is possible is because Seattle seems to be reverting back to their 2 TE offense, and when Seattle ran that offense in 2015 Wilson looked terrible. We might see a game where Seattle starts off with lots of 2 inline TE sets, falls behind, then goes spread in the 2nd half and blows Miami away.

Probably the biggest key in this game is pass rush. If Seattle can't get the ball out quick, Wilson is going to be on his back all day long. If Seattle can get to Tannehill with 4 rushers, he's going to make mistakes.

Another key for Seattle, and this is something that is 100% within their control, is to make sure Wilson gets to the LOS early with maybe 15 seconds left on the playclock so that he can survey the defense pre-snap. As Scottemojo pointed out to me in his 2015 tape review, Wilson is a far more comfortable and capable QB when he has that extra time to survey the defense.

Atradees

Reaction score
9 to 6 Seahawks. The decision to anoint Cable a genius once again looks silly. Wilson sacked 5 times. We get two sacks.
Yay we win.

kf3339

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1t3ojm4r said:
Sports Hernia":1t3ojm4r said:
27-13 Seattle. If our OC doesn't decide to spot on opponent a half or more and our DC doesn't insist on playing softzone all game, it can be be a blowout.

You just described Weeks 1-8 of last year.

:lol: :lol: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :0190l: :0190l:

Steve2222

Reaction score
Why are people sleeping on Miami? They look to me to be a 9 to 10 win team.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Miami isn't that terrible. This is the type of game where seattle can't get out of their own way.

Dolphins 17 Seattle 13

OkieHawk

Reaction score
While I won't predict a loss, I can easily see it happening. Miami isn't a bad team, and we tend to start the season very cold. So unless something weird happens I think it'll be closer than we'd like to think.

Seattle 17

Miami 14

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Knowing us it's certainly not going to be easy but on the other hand I have a very hard time seeing their offense doing anything against our D. Tannehil will be under pressure all game and there is really no run game going on there. I feel like we're going to see some INTs

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Steve2222":tvekex5y said:

Is it "sleeping", or do you really expect them to travel all the way to our house and beat us at C Link...?

We are a much better team.

chris98251

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":9k19ksi5 said:
Steve2222":9k19ksi5 said:

Is it "sleeping", or do you really expect them to travel all the way to our house and beat us at C Link...?

I recall a Tampa Game a few years ago that had all the same arguments, we escaped that game with a win. Barely.

Steve2222

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3kmot87c said:
Steve2222":3kmot87c said:

I don't expect us to lose. But I also don't expect it to be a walk in the park.

We are definitely a better team. However, we struggle mightily against teams with elite defensive lines. The Dolphins DL is elite.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3d2ehq8b said:
Knowing us it's certainly not going to be easy but on the other hand I have a very hard time seeing their offense doing anything against our D. Tannehil will be under pressure all game and there is really no run game going on there. I feel like we're going to see some INTs

Tannehil is the type of QB that scares me. He can evade pressure and scramble.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Steve2222":172rjyrm said:
FlyingGreg":172rjyrm said:
Steve2222":172rjyrm said:

I don't expect us to lose. But I also don't expect it to be a walk in the park.

We are definitely a better team. However, we struggle mightily against teams with elite defensive lines. The Dolphins DL is elite.

I suspect we'll pull it out in the second half after some adjustments but the early going could be a little scary on the left side of our OL, yes including for Glo.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
chris98251":13o33hua said:
FlyingGreg":13o33hua said:
Steve2222":13o33hua said:

I recall a Tampa Game a few years ago that had all the same arguments, we escaped that game with a win. Barely.

Good thing games from a few years ago have zero bearing on the 2016 season.

chris98251

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1k0sm5x1 said:
chris98251":1k0sm5x1 said:
FlyingGreg":1k0sm5x1 said:
Steve2222":1k0sm5x1 said:

Good thing games from a few years ago have zero bearing on the 2016 season.

If one does not learn from history it is doomed to repeat itself.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/772937962065498112[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/772937373801848833[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/772937209963917312[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/772937635543199744[/tweet]

OP
OP
K

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Miami Herald Sportswriter Greg Cote will provide another Miami Herald prediction this Friday. I will post it in Aros' Fearless Prediction thread. GO HAWKS.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":34ipv0r4 said:
Jarvis Landry is one of the best WR's in the game. Devante Parker has immense talent. Kenny Stills is also a very capable player.

Hope diminutive Jakeem Grant doesn't have a breakout game against the Hawks. I don't know for certain that he will be an active player, but if so... watch out on special teams.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We seem to ALWAYS start slow, so I predict a closer game than most.

Miami's not elite on either side of the ball, but their D-line is very good so I could see them giving our O-line and Russell problems stalling a lot of drives with a sack or forcing holding penalties.

Hawks 17
Dolphins 10

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
From what I have read, they are an underachieving team at best. Suh is a jerk, and seems like that d line isnt coming together. 28-10 Hawks in a blowout.