Michael Bennett makes it six Seahawks on the NFC’s Pro Bowl

olyfan63

Reaction score
mistaowen":ze1d5too said:
Dude played on a pretty painful injury for a lot of the season and was still quite productive. I'd say a full off season to heal and he'll be even better. Congrats on the Pro Bowl.

I'll go with this. Bennett was still pretty damn good, made a lot of key plays at crucial times in games, all while playing through the injuries.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3k7y2xr3 said:
Seahawks have a mediocre year with a 9-7 record yet have 6 players going to the Pro Bowl? Just incredible.

This

It's totally unacceptable. This has to be a record for a non-playoff team or at least a team that won less than 10 games. Carroll is starting to resemble Romar in terms of wasted talent...okay, low blow, but if this continues....

peppersjap

Reaction score
mistaowen":3rcz5d33 said:
Dude played on a pretty painful injury for a lot of the season and was still quite productive. I'd say a full off season to heal and he'll be even better. Congrats on the Pro Bowl.
If that injury was so painful why is he playing in a meaningless game??? I have had plantar fascia and when I had it every time I walked it was liking walking on glass. I had to stretch my foot for 20 minutes every morning before I could take my 1st step and also had to wear a cast while I slept to hold my foot in a certain position. There is no way I could have ever participated in athletics unless the cortisone shot worked really well. He did not make the pro bowl, is there because other players were smart enough to rest there injuries instead of trying to add to a resume or make a few dollars. I do not like Michael Bennett for reasons that are way bigger than football!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
peppersjap":5or7m1xd said:
mistaowen":5or7m1xd said:
If that injury was so painful why is he playing in a meaningless game??? I have had plantar fascia and when I had it every time I walked it was liking walking on glass. I had to stretch my foot for 20 minutes every morning before I could take my 1st step and also had to wear a cast while I slept to hold my foot in a certain position. There is no way I could have ever participated in athletics unless the cortisone shot worked really well. He did not make the pro bowl, is there because other players were smart enough to rest there injuries instead of trying to add to a resume or make a few dollars. I do not like Michael Bennett for reasons that are way bigger than football!
Good thing his pain tolerence is much higher than yours.
He is football player so anything not to do with the game should not matter
If I want to use that I probaly don't like over half the team because they don't like what I do.

Seymour

Reaction score
peppersjap":3u8q89jy said:
mistaowen":3u8q89jy said:

Because the injury is obviously being overstated by some here.

original poster

Reaction score
Absolutely.

$32K for each player on the losing team and $64K for each player on the winning team.

Rickomatic

Reaction score
LOL. And right on cue he jumps offside. Well at least he’s good at it.

legend38

Reaction score
He had a chance to start a fight the last play of the game when the AFC was in Victory Formation and didn’t. He must be turning over a new leaf.

Seymour

Reaction score
legend38":32x6jw1c said:
He had a chance to start a fight the last play of the game when the AFC was in Victory Formation and didn’t. He must be turning over a new leaf.

Ya, I was looking for that too. He did have his 3 offsides again this year though, but made progress since it wasn't 3 straight plays like last year.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Unfortunate to see Von Miller absolutely destroy Duane Brown to win the game.
Granted, Brown was in at right tackle (was Cable on the coaching staff?) But still, sort of sad to see Brown give up that sack at the end and lose the game.
This coming from a guy that over states pro bowl performances

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm ready to see Michael Bennett offloaded if only to see his offsides penalties go with him. Even if he does get the most pressures on the team or w/e.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks fan base is quite ungrateful.

If karma is real, then don't expect an SB appearance for another 40 years.

xgeoff

Reaction score
How? How on earth did Bennett make the pro-bowl *this* year?! I mean, nothing personal, he just hasn't played well. Could be because of the plantar fasciatis, I don't know. But based on what I have observed, he's been a non-factor on the field this year.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/957742039411535872[/tweet]
With regard to penalties, Avril got off to a rough start in 2017 and averaged 1 penalty per game leading up to his season ending injury. It seems probable that the glory years of the Cliff Avril / Michael Bennett tag team has been spent.

Pete Carroll absolutely positively must address their league leading penalty and penalty differential problem. Penalties by developmental up field pass rusher Frank Clark over the last two years has become a little worrisome. Hopefully he'll grow out of that quickly and continue to improve verses the run with fit and execution.

I'm intrigued by a number of developmental competitors added to the mix in 2017 for a second look in 2018. Times they are a changing.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":2c50cla3 said:
The Seahawks fan base is quite ungrateful.

If karma is real, then don't expect an SB appearance for another 40 years.

Lol really?

original poster

Reaction score
xgeoff":2naottq2 said:
How? How on earth did Bennett make the pro-bowl *this* year?! I mean, nothing personal, he just hasn't played well. Could be because of the plantar fasciatis, I don't know. But based on what I have observed, he's been a non-factor on the field this year.

Firmly disagree. He had a good amount of sacks, an excellent amount of pressures and made some great tackles in the back field.

Seafan

Reaction score
IMO it's possible Ken Norton, Jr. was brought in to bring discipline and accountability to the defense. Something Pete may have felt Kris Richard wasn't able to do. As sports fans most of you have likely heard how athletes will begin to tune out coaches after a while. Of all the coaches on the defensive side of the ball I've seen in Seahawk history, Norton would be the one I would think would not get tuned out with perhaps Quinn number 2. Sometimes it's not just about X's and O's. Richard may be a brilliant mind and likely has a good coaching career ahead of him. Likely in Pete's mind this group (players/coaches) needed to be shaken up. Imagine how effective the defense can be if they stop extending drives with stupid mental errors.