Michael Penix Jr scouting report

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I just wanted to share the following scouting report on Michael Penix Jr.

I really enjoy watching this young man play QB, and I hope he has a successful NFL career.

I've attached an image of the scouting report. It's funny how they contradict themselves in regards to his game. I really don't take too many of these scouting reporting websites that seriously.

Attachments

• Capture+_2022-11-29-07-56-46.png
    Capture+_2022-11-29-07-56-46.png
    393 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Penix.

He seems to have gotten better and better through his college career, and Eason seemed to decline.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I just wanted to share the following scouting report on Michael Penix Jr.

I really enjoy watching this young man play QB, and I hope he has a successful NFL career.

I've attached an image of the scouting report. It's funny how they contradict themselves in regards to his game. I really don't take too many of these scouting reporting websites that seriously.

Jerhawk, thanks for the post!

Being a UW alum, I love this kid!

He’s a fantastic kid! And can sling the ball pretty well with some running ability.

Penix’s game is actually very similar to Geno…

I’d draft him if he’s available in around round 3/4. Kid has potential!

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk, thanks for the post!

Being a UW alum, I love this kid!

He’s a fantastic kid! And can sling the ball pretty well with some running ability.

Penix’s game is actually very similar to Geno…

I’d draft him if he’s available in around round 3/4. Kid has potential!
He is a ton of fun to watch. I first watched him this year vs Michigan State and I was like "who is this guy?"

I live over in Spokane so this is more Cougar country but I just root for both teams lol. I know how lame.

Anyway I went over to watch the Huskies vs Stanford game this year too (I was in town with a friend to watch the Hawks/Falcons game) and we got the Huskies tickets last minute. My first time at a college football game. Very fun atmosphere! We loved the view from the stands looking at Mt Rainer in the distance. The crowd was electric

However the thing I took away from the game was Penix. What a stud. He just carved up the Cardinal defense like it was nothing. He's got a really good arm and seems to do very well reading the defense.

I would like to see him in a Seahawks uniform. Abe Lucas would do fine protecting his blind side. His game would transition to the NFL very well imo

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The throw he made in the Oregon game was maybe the throw of the entire college season. Just plain ridiculous.
Also, his ability to get over a couple bad plays is incredible. He just doesn't care about bad plays because he has supreme confidence he'll come back.
The ability to not dwell on a mistake is the IT factor that a team needs.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
How far do you guys think he can slide? I’m doing rain dances, ayahuasca with Aaron Rodgers, and rubbing every lamp I see wishing for us to draft DE, DT, LB, and DT in 23 (assuming Geno resigns) and would love to grab a guy like Penix no earlier than the 4th.

Wet dream or?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I keep hearing 3rd round, but I could easily see a team grabbing him late 2nd. And I'm not just saying it because I'm a huge Dawgs fan. This kid is special, he has the IT factor you need. It's clear he is locked in, doesn't let crap bother him, and he has that blatant refusal to accept defeat. Love it.

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
He's done well this year but has been a bit fragile in the past. Heard on radio (Brock and Salk, I think) that they were thinking Hawks could snag him in the 2d with one of those picks. 1st Rd has other priorities, of course.

He said he's playing in whatever bowl they end up in but still "undecided" about the draft. He's kind of old, though, so he should probably jump in on that now.

sutz

Reaction score
Ahh, thought the guy on the radio said he was 24. I guess he'd be that, or close to it, if he plays another year in college. Thanks for the update.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I actually figured he was older too, since he's a 5th year Junior. Makes me feel a little better than 25 when he starts in the NFL.
I would LOVE for him to come back to UW, for selfish reasons, but with his injury history and coming off a huge season? Nah, go get while you can kid.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Penix can easily rise on scouting reports and draft boards with a stellar bowl game, combine, and pro day.

Most QBs seem to “rise” during this final bowl game combined with an exceptional pro day.

Some scouts like Seattle for instance, love adversity. Seattle aims to find players with “chips” on their shoulders such as Penix (transferring after injuries) and overcoming low expectations.

We as posters here on dot net should know exactly what Carroll wants for players by this time now.

Penix measurables and film along with his no troubles history combined with he can be coached, NFL coaches can groom this kid.

Penix has performed with players considered 2 and 3 star recruits at UW. Imagine Penix with all star talent at the next level. That’s exactly how coaches forecast and project whether or not a QB will “work” in the NFL.

Everyone here that follows the Huskies should know that Penix is special and probably the best QB to come into the league since Jake Locker at Montlake.

Seattle would be wise to draft Penix to possibly Round 2 and let him sit behind Geno (and learn from) for a few years (assuming Geno extends an additional 2-3 years).

Let’s go Huskies and let’s go Seahawks!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good points. I would have zero issues with them taking him with one of those 2 picks in the second. Just in case someone else is lurking. The more I think about it, he probably is going to be a 2nd rounder.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Maybe I'm reading the report wrong, but they have him as #23 at his position and project him as 7th round pick?

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Maybe I'm reading the report wrong, but they have him as #23 at his position and project him as 7th round pick?
Yeah that scouting report was before the season started.
I just posted it because I found it funny that it contradicts itself in regards to giving, then not giving his receivers a chance to make a play after the catch.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
I'm not a coach by any means... but what would it mean for our OL to have a lefty QB in there? Cross and Lucas are set at their positions... but would they then be required to switch? How easy is THAT? Do they stay put... and how does that equate to Penix's blindside protection?