Michael Sam

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This dude is like a menstrual cycle...coming around once every month. This guy is only out there for attention and not for the love of the game.

HansGruber

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1u946n3d said:
This dude is like a menstrual cycle...coming around once every month. This guy is only out there for attention and not for the love of the game.
He could learn a lot from your rigorous exercise regimen and strict diet, long workouts and training cycles and your general work ethic.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HansGruber":1mkf5hbr said:
hawkfan68":1mkf5hbr said:
He could learn a lot from your rigorous exercise regimen and strict diet, long workouts and training cycles and your general work ethic.

haha....It's true he could. No one's ever complained about my performance in any of those areas.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
HansGruber":zowyhgdt said:
Not so sure on that one. The majority of owners are smart enough to realize the marketing potential of such a media-friendly story.

What cost him his NFL job is that he can't even get to the QB in the CFL, and said so himself. Said he got close a lot but never could get the sack. Not a huge market for a media-friendly story that can't produce on the field.

Exactly. If he was good enough to contribute and make his team better, he would be playing somewhere. Most teams are not going to take a chance that he'll get better when he's carrying a lot of other baggage already.
Some guys are good in high school ball and wash out in college where the level of competition is higher.
Some guys are good in college and wash out in the pros where the level of competition is higher.
It happens.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
hawknation2015":ar57nuyq said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MichaelSamNFL/status/632333545831301120[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MichaelSamNFL/status/632333710017167360[/tweet]

One thing is for sure, he did not look like the same player that he was at Mizzou. Wish him well.

What a weakling.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I always saw Michael coming out of college being a backup at best on someone's squad and that's pretty much it, but when he was dubbed the "first open homosexual in the NFL" I knew that the media and everyone else was just gonna eat it all up.

It's like Tim Tebow, there's nothing special about him either but the media loves taking about him because quite frankly he's weird. Anytime you think God is the one is telling you that you're gonna win the game makes it easier for someone to write a story on about you and want to know what you're doing at all times.

I'm sure Michael's a nice fellow but it was never about him being a player, at least from the media's point of view, it was about him being gay and that's not a story. If Michael was heterosexual than no one would even know his name.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":c75u015p said:
-snip-
I'm sure Michael's a nice fellow but it was never about him being a player, at least from the media's point of view, it was about him being gay and that's not a story. If Michael was heterosexual than no one would even know his name.

Well said. The NFL is just part and parcel of the media agenda.
I'm still waiting for an NFL team to sign "Kaitlyn" Jenner to a futures contract. No, not Tight End. More like Safety.

Then there was the media poopstorm over Greg Hardy and also Frank Clark, over exceedingly weak DV cases.
Hardy's was especially atrocious, and the phony North Carolina "bench trial" he was "convicted" at. Remember, Duke Lacrosse fiasco also occurred in North Carolina. There's a pattern here. Hardy was lucky enough to have enough money to hire a real lawyer and fight. Normal guys who are falsely accused will be much less lucky and mostly just get rolled by the corrupt court system and DV industry.

Can't wait for the regular season to start, to have more of the convo be about football and less about outside media agendas being attached to the game we love.

canfan

Reaction score
For those interested in how Sam was a player rather than a political statement during his time in the CFL, the word around the team was that Sam expected to come into the league and dominate. He was somewhat taken aback when he found was that on a wider field where speed is valued over size or strength at the D end position, he was way too slow to make an impact. Unlike somebody like Cam Wake, the CFL was never going to be his ticket back to the NFL. The fact that he only dressed for 1 regular season game and then quit right after it because he never saw a snap, tells you he does not have the love of the game to take this hard road. I wish him success in life, but after watching him in camp and on the field with the Alouettes I have little doubt the he is never going to play another snap in the NFL.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":k449y2co said:
I always saw Michael coming out of college being a backup at best on someone's squad and that's pretty much it, but when he was dubbed the "first open homosexual in the NFL" I knew that the media and everyone else was just gonna eat it all up.

Exactly. If anything, he got drafted BECAUSE he was gay and the NFL was afraid of looking bad if he went undrafted.

Latest posts