Michigan St

Uncle Si

Reaction score
WmHBonney":21py8j7q said:
seahawkfreak":21py8j7q said:
Uncle Si":21py8j7q said:
Nassar existed in a climate meant to protect sports and money. This is happening in schools all over the country. And while Chris’ post may discuss one ramification of this new found voice of women in this country, it does not identify the culture of abuse, neglect, power and corruption housed within college sports.

Nassar is a product of environment, a system that enables sexual assault and victimization for money through sports. And while some athletes may find themselves wrongly named, let’s not forget the now hundreds of victims who were shut up and lied to at Penn State, Baylor, Minnesota, Michigan State, etc.

One of the issues that I have noticed in common with the victims that were made to keep quiet is that they are reporting these crimes to the leaders of the institutions themselves. The beast is going to do whatever it takes to protect their programs and as was mentioned before there are millions of dollars involved and a lot of power to be lost at these Universities.

I know many disagree with me but I really wish victims of these crimes would call the police or contact a lawyer as what happened to expose the Nasser case. These are separate entities and have no motivation to protect disgusting pigs and are obliged to open cases when these elitist perverts commit crimes.

These incidents SHOULD all be reported to the police. The problem arises when these incidents happen on campus. Many times, if an incident happens on campus, then the campus police are the primary investigative authorities. Guess who they are going to be influenced by? If you said the university administration, you would be correct. If you are just a regular police officer, working for the university, what will you do when your boss tells you to make this go away? This happens ALL OF THE TIME at colleges across the country. No school wants their name plastered all over the press in a negative way. Often, they arrange payments to make it go away. The entire system is broken because of the millions of dollars involved.

I think you are missing an even stronger, and more nefarious, piece of this puzzle. While money may help ease over some incidents, we are hearing time and again how victims have been silenced by police and universities through intimidation, coercion, manipulation and simple ignoring their pleas for help.