Mike and Mike mclovin the Seahawks this am

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play

here's the link if anyone wants to listen.

"188 total yards for New Orleans? It was a thumpin"

Oh, and the Seahawks stopped Brees from getting the most passing yards in consecutive game streak by 2 yards. Lol!

They are both cosigning that Russ should be in MVP talk, but Peyton is overwhelmingly at the head of the pack.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Boom!! Thanks for sharing! Get to drive wife to airport now and cant wait to listen on the way there and back!!

Go Hawks!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
But What's with Jamie Dukes? He just did a really negative spot on the hawks on the NFL network including thinly vailed references to PED's.

NCstateHAWK3

Reaction score
Morning Joe on msnbc through out the love for the Seahawks and Russell Wilson this morning.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Peyton will win MVP, but Wilson deserves to be 2nd. He's been that good this year. Next year, that will put Wilson strongly in the running early since he will be fresh in people's minds as a near-MVP candidate.

-Pete-

Reaction score
I really don't like gas-powered noise machine Stephen A. Smith. "Russell *Westbrook*"? Get yer sh-t together.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The two mediots, Mike and Mike, were still talking up the 49ers and Panthers. One of them even mentioned that those teams could beat the Seahawks in Seattle. Highly improbable. There's a better chance of hell freezing over.

CANHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":33byxwzg said:
The two mediots, Mike and Mike, were still talking up the 49ers and Panthers. One of them even mentioned that those teams could beat the Seahawks in Seattle. Highly improbable. There's a better chance of hell freezing over.

Panthers... maybe. That team is firing on all cylinders right now and I don't feel comfortable calling their success a fluke. They took us to the 12th round in week one and are no doubt itching for a rematch. San Fran on the other hand is like the elementary school bully; beating up all the little anemic kids and puffing their chests out when they do, but fold like laundry when they get punched in the mouth by an actual tough guy.

I do think that Manning should be MVP, and here's why. MVP speaks to being the most valuable player to one's own team, and without Peyton Manning, Denver is hot steaming pile of NOTHING. Without Russell Wilson, Seattle would no doubt struggle mightily, but they'd still be capable of a 9-7 record at the very least due to how many other wepons this team has; LoB would keep doing it's thing while TJack would hold it down and Marshawn would win on the ground. In that regard, Russell isn't as "valuable" as Payton. Really... Payton winning MVP is as much of a critisicm of John Elway's general manager skills as it is a compliment to Payton Manning.

Galen96

Reaction score
CANHawk":1vq0uchs said:
hawkfan68":1vq0uchs said:

Panthers... maybe. That team is firing on all cylinders right now and I don't feel comfortable calling their success a fluke. They took us to the 12th round in week one and are no doubt itching for a rematch. San Fran on the other hand is like the elementary school bully; beating up all the little anemic kids and puffing their chests out when they do, but fold like laundry when they get punched in the mouth by an actual tough guy.

I do think that Manning should be MVP, and here's why. MVP speaks to being the most valuable player to one's own team, and without Peyton Manning, Denver is hot steaming pile of NOTHING. Without Russell Wilson, Seattle would no doubt struggle mightily, but they'd still be capable of a 9-7 record at the very least due to how many other wepons this team has; LoB would keep doing it's thing while TJack would hold it down and Marshawn would win on the ground. In that regard, Russell isn't as "valuable" as Payton. Really... Payton winning MVP is as much of a critisicm of John Elway's general manager skills as it is a compliment to Payton Manning.

I don't necessarily agree with this... The defense looked pretty darn pedestrian when our offense wasn't firing on all cylinders... The houdini act Russell has had to play for the first 3 quarters of the season are a tribute to what HE does for the team... IMHO

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
We played the Panthers on the road both times. No way in hell that come to Seattle, in the playoffs and win.

Manning plays for a team that won a playoff game with Tom Tebow. It's not like Manning went to the Jags. But I will concede he should get the regular season MVP, he is so freakin accurate and smart (giant cranium), his numbers are astronomical.

Russ will have to settle for Super Bowl MVP

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
MVP... Does the size of the current contract weigh in the VALUABLE part of this at all???

I kind of feel like in some ways it does... There's no better value to a team than Russell under his current contrat. It allows us to have top QB play, and to afford the other pieces to the puzzle.

BamKam

Reaction score
If you ever want to watch ESPN diarrhea then check out "By the Numbers" with Michael Smith and Jamelle Hill. Hill has to be a 49ers fan, she said we had no shot after Browner was suspended and then today she should have been eating some crow but she just kind of shrugged off the win.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
CANHawk":14l2yxvf said:
hawkfan68":14l2yxvf said:

Panthers...maybe... we were pretty evenly matched both times we played.

Except it was cross country and both 10 am starts.

The 2013 game was in extreme heat and humidity which benefited the Panthers more, because their bodies adjusted to that weather over training camp. The NW folks tend to freak out because its too hot when its only 75.

It was also the first game of the season, on the road, in a 10 am start, against a Panthers team that is now 9-3.

Not only that but Seahawks were without Chris Clemons, Cliff Avril, Bruce Irvin, Clinton McDonald, Brandon Browner plus Mebane, McDaniel were not 100% coming off groin injuries. Excluding the last three named that's 4 players essential to the front 7 rotation on D.

We held them to 253 yards, 7 points.

Offensively, Unger was hurt, Miller was rusty, Robinson was sick, and didn't make the team, Rice had knee issues, Harvin if you want to include was absent and the Seahawks were facing one of the best D's in the NFL in their own stadium behind a good crowd.

We had 370 yards of offense, and scored 12 points.

Panthers had there own problems then, and is a better team today but so are the Seahawks, and if both teams are evenly match but the Seahawks could pull out wins both times on the road.

Ill take the Seahawks in Seattle every time.

And I want that... I want the Panthers to win out and get the 2nd seed forcing the 49ers and Saints to be the Wild Cards.

49ers and Saints should take care of the North and East rather easily. I just don't want no part of Philadelphia right now... they are an unknown team against the Seahawks. How cool would it be if it ends up being 49ers @ Seahawks... and Saints @ Panthers for the Divisional round.

And then Panthers @ Seahawks for the NFCCG. That game you have the 2005 team, anyone who wants to come, all raise the 12th Man flag.. that event would break our own record of loudest roar in a stadium.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":gh4w6vdx said:
CANHawk":gh4w6vdx said:
hawkfan68":gh4w6vdx said:

Panthers...maybe... we were pretty evenly matched both times we played.

Except it was cross country and both 10 am starts.

The 2013 game was in extreme heat and humidity which benefited the Panthers more, because their bodies adjusted to that weather over training camp. The NW folks tend to freak out because its too hot when its only 75.

It was also the first game of the season, on the road, in a 10 am start, against a Panthers team that is now 9-3.

Not only that but Seahawks were without Chris Clemons, Cliff Avril, Bruce Irvin, Clinton McDonald, Brandon Browner plus Mebane, McDaniel were not 100% coming off groin injuries. Excluding the last three named that's 4 players essential to the front 7 rotation on D.

We held them to 253 yards, 7 points.

Offensively, Unger was hurt, Miller was rusty, Robinson was sick, and didn't make the team, Rice had knee issues, Harvin if you want to include was absent and the Seahawks were facing one of the best D's in the NFL in their own stadium behind a good crowd.

We had 370 yards of offense, and scored 12 points.

Panthers had there own problems then, and is a better team today but so are the Seahawks, and if both teams are evenly match but the Seahawks could pull out wins both times on the road.

Ill take the Seahawks in Seattle every time.

And I want that... I want the Panthers to win out and get the 2nd seed forcing the 49ers and Saints to be the Wild Cards.

49ers and Saints should take care of the North and East rather easily. I just don't want no part of Philadelphia right now... they are an unknown team against the Seahawks. How cool would it be if it ends up being 49ers @ Seahawks... and Saints @ Panthers for the Divisional round.

And then Panthers @ Seahawks for the NFCCG. That game you have the 2005 team, anyone who wants to come, all raise the 12th Man flag.. that event would break our own record of loudest roar in a stadium.

I'm calling it. This is the best post you've made or will ever make on any website, anywhere.

seabowl

Reaction score
brimsalabim":y7xrebo0 said:
But What's with Jamie Dukes? He just did a really negative spot on the hawks on the NFL network including thinly vailed references to PED's.

I saw that and it was ridiculous. Another NFL employee referring to PED's when it was not PED's. Hey Jamie I would like you to say that when the Boom are on your show.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Panthers are proving this season that they are a good team. Of course they have a chance to beat us. Any given sunday after all.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
CANHawk":1xzp215w said:
hawkfan68":1xzp215w said:

Panthers... maybe. That team is firing on all cylinders right now and I don't feel comfortable calling their success a fluke. They took us to the 12th round in week one and are no doubt itching for a rematch. San Fran on the other hand is like the elementary school bully; beating up all the little anemic kids and puffing their chests out when they do, but fold like laundry when they get punched in the mouth by an actual tough guy............
Agree on both accounts. Carolina is IMO the only team in the NFC and maybe the NFL that can beat our Hawks. Glad if the game does happen that it'll be in Seattle.