Mike Evans would you?

pcbball12

Reaction score
oasis":1z2c24ky said:
Bills traded for Mike Williams so this increases the odds that Evans fall to the teens IMO. Please trade up.
I think it increases the chances that the Bucs take Evans to put him opposite VJax and give Mccown his version of Marshall/Jeffry he had this past year. That pick just seems to make too much sense for them at this point. That would be a nasty duo.

oasis

Reaction score
pcbball12":1wegvim9 said:
oasis":1wegvim9 said:
Bills traded for Mike Williams so this increases the odds that Evans fall to the teens IMO. Please trade up.
I think it increases the chances that the Bucs take Evans to put him opposite VJax and give Mccown his version of Marshall/Jeffry he had this past year. That pick just seems to make too much sense for them at this point. That would be a nasty duo.
Interesting, but most people think that's where Watkins goes, I think. Can't imagine him passing the giants at 12 though to replace Nicks.

pcbball12

Reaction score
oasis":3juqqxn9 said:
pcbball12":3juqqxn9 said:
oasis":3juqqxn9 said:
Interesting, but most people think that's where Watkins goes, I think. Can't imagine him passing the giants at 12 though to replace Nicks.
Ya, I just think Watkins will be gone before the Bucs pick. If he is there I think he is the obvious choice. Really like the idea of pairing VJax with Evans though.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2xs58kpc said:
I don't agree, Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins are both clearly a cut above the rest. Real difference makers that will be immediate impact guys who most likely will be all pro type receivers. There are others with potential but those two are truly elite
Yes I would go up to get either one of those guys. I've seen Watkins play enough to know that he is special and I know Mike Evans is a big threat that already understands how to work with a mobile QB. If we don't go up big WR (Benjamin ) from FSU might still be there. He is raw but I think has potential to be great.

I'm still trying to understand how CAP works with the draft picks. Can we afford to sign all our draft picks if we use them all? Do we have roster spots available for them?

Chawker

Reaction score
I feel sorry for the Detroit Loins and all those WR they drafted before Megatron came along, at least they DIDN'T have to trade up to get screwed. Buyer beware.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I have this feeling Evans is going to be a huge bust. Like a lot of big college receivers, he depends on being the bigger, more physical player. He's going to need to totally dedicate himself to improving his route running to be successful in the NFL. How many guys over 6'4 with stuff hips have become thousand-yard receivers?

I would take him at 32, but I don't think we should trade up for him.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
brimsalabim":d7jequw7 said:
Natethegreat":d7jequw7 said:
I don't agree, Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins are both clearly a cut above the rest. Real difference makers that will be immediate impact guys who most likely will be all pro type receivers. There are others with potential but those two are truly elite
Yes I would go up to get either one of those guys. I've seen Watkins play enough to know that he is special and I know Mike Evans is a big threat that already understands how to work with a mobile QB. If we don't go up big WR (Benjamin ) from FSU might still be there. He is raw but I think has potential to be great.

I'm still trying to understand how CAP works with the draft picks. Can we afford to sign all our draft picks if we use them all? Do we have roster spots available for them?

Benjamin is way too slow to be a successful NFL wide receiver. You don't have to be fast to be a great NFL receiver, but you do have to be quick. Would not touch Benjamin until the end of the Second Round.

pcbball12

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1nc85njs said:
brimsalabim":1nc85njs said:
Natethegreat":1nc85njs said:

Benjamin is way too slow to be a successful NFL wide receiver. You don't have to be fast to be a great NFL receiver, but you do have to be quick. Would not touch Benjamin until the end of the Second Round.
Benjamin is not slow. I understand he ran a 4.61 40 at the combine, but just look at the tape. There are things you can knock Benjamin on, but lacking (field) speed and or quickness is not one of them. I have seen very few guys his size consistently separate the way that he does. He blows by guys and is tremendous at stretching the field (which is rare for a guy his size). Like I said, there are knocks on him but field speed is not one of them at all.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
pcbball12":716s79iu said:
hawknation2014":716s79iu said:
brimsalabim":716s79iu said:
Natethegreat":716s79iu said:

Benjamin is not slow. I understand he ran a 4.61 40 at the combine, but just look at the tape. There are things you can knock Benjamin on, but lacking (field) speed and or quickness is not one of them. I have seen very few guys his size consistently separate the way that he does. He blows by guys and is tremendous at stretching the field (which is rare for a guy his size). Like I said, there are knocks on him but field speed is not one of them at all.

Benjamin's on-field speed is even slower than his 4.6 40:

[youtube]Uk2T3FAEkCk[/youtube]

For a HC and GM who have consistently valued speed/agility/hands over size, I will be shocked if they take Benjamin at 32. Benjamin will be in the 50-60s on their board.

pcbball12

Reaction score

For a HC and GM who have consistently valued speed/agility/hands over size, I will be shocked if they take Benjamin at 32. Benjamin will be in the 50-60s on their board.
You showed me one game you can find from youtube, I have watched several of his games.

Watch this game through its entirety and tell me his field speed is slow.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/kelvin- ... rida-2013/

- Right round the 3 minute mark runs right by db (bad throw).
- I believe 7:11 he runs right by the db, db can't recover.
- His best play of the game at the 4:09 mark, yet not a display of his speed while separating just a tremendous play and effort.

These are guys that are 40 lbs less and 6 inches shorter too BTW.

You will find concentration and drop issues at times. Maybe even question his motor at times, but his field speed is fantastic for a guy his size. I can find other games and instances too if you would like.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
oasis":hylwi2ko said:

Only WR I'd love to see them trade way up for would be Watkins.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
pcbball12":3jg6qymw said:

You showed me one game you can find from youtube, I have watched several of his games.

- His best play of the game at the 4:09 mark, yet not a display of his speed while separating just a tremendous play and effort.

You will find concentration and drop issues at times. Maybe even question his motor at times, but his field speed is fantastic for a guy his size. I can find other games and instances too if you would like.

I have already seen the Florida-FSU game, and Benjamin looked as slow as he always has. A stumbling DB does not make a slow WR look any faster.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3n6lj86o said:
oasis":3n6lj86o said:

Only WR I'd love to see them trade way up for would be Watkins.

Watkins is definitely the only receiver worth trading up for, but I don't think he gets passed the Top 5.

That leaves the Buccaneers even more thirsty for Mike Evans at No. 7.

pcbball12

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1tdl1r8c said:
pcbball12":1tdl1r8c said:

I have already seen the Florida-FSU game, and Benjamin looked as slow as he always has. A stumbling DB does not make a slow WR look any faster.
Haha alright man, like I said I can show you a number of times he completely runs by the DB guarding him (BTW the DB did not stumble. He was coming out of his back pedal and tried to recover but couldn't catch Benjamin). But, I am not going to argue with you about it. Guess that is why the draft is so unpredictable and exciting. No two eyes see the same thing. No right or wrong answer right now.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
Mike Evans is the one guy in this draft I would trade up for. If he makes it past say pick #15ish (which he won't), I hope we go for it. I just think he's going to be dominant force in the league day 1. I'd probably rank him over Watkins.

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawknation2014":148oeaw7 said:
pcbball12":148oeaw7 said:
hawknation2014":148oeaw7 said:
brimsalabim":148oeaw7 said:

I don't think that vid really bolsters your arguement