Mike Florio starting trouble

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
original poster":2t54zddn said:
Some of the comments are utter madness.

I only go to that site to just read the comments. I have no idea why it attracts all the crazy people.... but it does. Funny stuff.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
saroos":2g1i4ihi said:
I just personally don't think it's about the dollars that is the hang up. By reading Russell's tweet I think it's the Seahawks want to put in a no baseball clause in his contract. Russel talks about his dad wanting him to be a baseball player and I don't think he is willing to give that up. Just my opinion though.

For what its worth on the Brock and Salk show this morning with John Clayton they were saying the hang up is Wilson camp doesn't want to structure their contract like other Seahawks have ie Thomas and Sherman where the final year of their rookie deal is still low but it jumps after that (which could be where Florio is coming from if that is the case since its good enough for other players in the locker room to structure that way but not Wilson). The amount that the Hawks are sitting at is 21m a year but Wilson isn't happy with the low salary they want him to take for the 2015 season.

Who knows if that is the truth or not, just passing along what they were chatting about.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":oodv69oz said:
saroos":oodv69oz said:
I just personally don't think it's about the dollars that is the hang up. By reading Russell's tweet I think it's the Seahawks want to put in a no baseball clause in his contract. Russel talks about his dad wanting him to be a baseball player and I don't think he is willing to give that up. Just my opinion though.

For what its worth on the Brock and Salk show this morning with John Clayton they were saying the hang up is Wilson camp doesn't want to structure their contract like other Seahawks have ie Thomas and Sherman where the final year of their rookie deal is still low but it jumps after that (which could be where Florio is coming from if that is the case since its good enough for other players in the locker room to structure that way but not Wilson). The amount that the Hawks are sitting at is 21m a year but Wilson isn't happy with the low salary they want him to take for the 2015 season.

Who knows if that is the truth or not, just passing along what they were chatting about.

That could be, but if that is all it is, they will work something out. I saw something were the hang up is the guaranteed money, the hawks want Wilson to take the same as Sherman but Wilson wants a little more. Last I checked there is not one franchise QB out there who has less guaranteed money than a CB or SS.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Anthony!":3vmbk84g said:
Bigbadhawk":3vmbk84g said:
saroos":3vmbk84g said:

That could be, but if that is all it is, they will work something out. I saw something were the hang up is the guaranteed money, the hawks want Wilson to take the same as Sherman but Wilson wants a little more. Last I checked there is not one franchise QB out there who has less guaranteed money than a CB or SS.

You're wrong. Sherman has $40 million guaranteed. That's the same as most franchise QBs. Same as Brees ($40 million), less than Rivers ($38 million), Roethlisberger ($31 million), Flacco ($29 million), Manning ($18 million), and Kaepernick ($13 million), Only two QBs have significantly more than that: Aaron Rodgers ($54 million) and Bradford's ridiculous, franchise-killing contract ($50 million). The Rams could have released Bradford a long time ago if not for that insane amount of guaranteed money. Also, there is no way the team would frame a guaranteed-money offer around what Sherman is making. That might be how Russell's baseball agent is framing it or just something made up by a reporter looking for clicks.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2ysl7pze said:
Anthony!":2ysl7pze said:
Bigbadhawk":2ysl7pze said:
saroos":2ysl7pze said:

You're wrong. Sherman has $40 million guaranteed. That's the same as most franchise QBs. Same as Brees ($40 million), less than Rivers ($38 million), Roethlisberger ($31 million), Flacco ($29 million), Manning ($18 million), and Kaepernick ($13 million), Only two QBs have significantly more than that: Aaron Rodgers ($54 million) and Bradford's ridiculous, franchise-killing contract ($50 million). The Rams could have released Bradford a long time ago if not for that insane amount of guaranteed money. Also, there is no way the team would frame a guaranteed-money offer around what Sherman is making. That might be how Russell's baseball agent is framing it or just something made up by a reporter looking for clicks.

great now find a Qb who is getting his first big contract and took the same guaranteed money as their CB. Most of the people you mention are not on their first big contract, and or their contract is already old not current nice try though

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
My goodness gracious, it's already May 5! Players who wait until after the draft to sign extensions are probably going to go to another team as a free agent because they're so hungry for money they'll end up not re-signing with the Seahawks! We're doomed! Doomed, I tell ya! If Wilson was truly a team player, he'd sign much earlier in the year like Richard Sherman did last year!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Anytime there are several attorneys involved, the process slow exponentially with each added attorney. Those blood suckers will drag out negotiations so they make maximum money.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":jykc85gv said:
penihawk":jykc85gv said:
He has taken us to a play away from nfcc game & 2 SB's playing for peanuts while being the most dedicated team player in franchise history. I'm not about to judge either side during a negotiation. It is what it is and will get done in a way that works for everybody in time. Even tho there are reports out that dispute it, he is human folks.

truth
Fact

TheWebHead

Reaction score
if you read PFT regularly, you realize Florio has story obsessions with a lot of players, and he has long had a "go Hawks" and baseball Russell obsession, frequently referencing both topics in stories about Wilson.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Russell has been underpaid compared to production the past three years. I won't begrudge the kid for a single cent he can get in his next contract. He's not dumb. If waiting for the best deal he can get is selfish, then he should be selfish.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Reaneypark":zafh0yxl said:
Russell has been underpaid compared to production the past three years. I won't begrudge the kid for a single cent he can get in his next contract. He's not dumb. If waiting for the best deal he can get is selfish, then he should be selfish.

He should and I wouldn't be mad. Imagine your going to work every single day making minimum wage, doing everything your boss tells you to do, and actually performing better than the other folks that might be making 3x times as much as you. Your bringing in new businesses and profits are way up, it's raise time but they want you to take a smaller salary than the previous top guys that did your work. If another job offers you more and value your talent then I'd go for it. If the Seahawks value Russell as much as Russell value the Seahawks they will reach a deal somehow someway.

GLio14

Reaction score
Our star QB who's taken us to 2 straight Super Bowls wants to be paid a ton of money. Go figure.

You know, you do have to look out for yourself every once in a while. He does so much for this organization, he should get his pay day.

kearly

Reaction score
So when Ndamukong Suh signs for megabucks in FA, he's establishing his value. When Wilson doesn't take the first offer the Seahawks give him a year before free agency, he's selfish. Got it.

You can get paid what you deserve and still be team first. Florio is being silly. Sadly, Mike Salk has bought into this a bit as well. I think career media guys just can't help themselves sometimes.

Tical21

Reaction score
Millen made an interesting point, I believe yesterday on the radio. He mentions that Russell has quoted that he wants to be "the best ever." He went on to say that the ones that are considered the best ever, are the ones that won Super Bowls, and they are still more marketable and making more money today than those that didn't win many. He claims that by giving back a handful of million per season now, allowing the team to use that money to better his chance of winning a Super Bowl, will actually make him more money over the course of his lifetime as well as increase his stature down the road.

Latest posts