Mike Golic says...

AgentDib

Reaction score
Every NFL show needs contrarian arguments to attract interest, topics have to be black and white, players have to be overrated or underrated, and you have to pepper everything with superlatives; most, best, worst, least, greatest, biggest, smallest, etc. Take any reasonable opinion and apply those guidelines and you have a piece of sports journalism ready to go. That is what fans want to read, as evidenced by this thread advertising Golic's opinion simply because he came up with a contrarian argument.

Jbo

Reaction score
ESPN = eastern seaboard programming network.... Such bs bias.
The west coast and midwest should start our own network.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Meh. Don't care about random folks' opinions. Golic is one of those guys that makes people like us furrow our brows and say, "I could do that job!" And we are right.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
If your eyes were open last year, you'd know that B-Max was far better than Browner was, and that our Defence took off as soon as Maxwell took over the starting corner position. But his muscles aren't as big as Browner's and he plays in the outpost Seattle instead of New England, so Browner is better. Right

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Meh, All I need to know is that JS just said Maxwell is a priority to resign but Browner...obviously not so much. Nothing was stopping us from resigning him last year but we didn't and that should tell you everything you need to know.

kmedic

Reaction score
ESPN = East coast media bias

I'd expect the anti-Hawks, pro-Patriots rhetoric from the national media to ramp up as we get closer to game day. My feeling is that in general, fans across America feel the Hawks will win, but the media and so-called pundits for whatever reason love to suck on Brady's jock strap and the Patsys.

Jbo

Reaction score
kmedic":oppqjzod said:
ESPN = East coast media bias

I'd expect the anti-Hawks, pro-Patriots rhetoric from the national media to ramp up as we get closer to game day. My feeling is that in general, fans across America feel the Hawks will win, but the media and so-called pundits for whatever reason love to suck on Brady's jock strap and the Patsys.
I couldn't agree with you more!!!
And after its all said and done , baseball season will soon start and they will be cramming the red sox and Yankees games down our throats like a feeding tube.

morgulon1

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":xf6ajmj4 said:
Mike and Mike are the worst. They seriously add nothing meaningful to sports journalism, analysis or even just conversation.

Agreed. They suck, have always sucked and will never NOT suck. I will listen to top 40 radio before I ever listen to those two clowns.

They suck.

Jbo

Reaction score
morgulon1":3t2vomxd said:
peachesenregalia":3t2vomxd said:
Mike and Mike are the worst. They seriously add nothing meaningful to sports journalism, analysis or even just conversation.

Agreed. They suck, have always sucked and will never NOT suck. I will listen to top 40 radio before I ever listen to those two clowns.

They suck.
Everything east coast sux.... Except for the clam chowder and the blizzards that bury them :p

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":wxumb18x said:
You have to understand that while this board's general IQ is pretty high, most football fans in America are closer to the level of that bostonhardo character...soundbite-reliant, impressionable, and tending to make connections where none exist. NFL characters like Golic cater to such audiences with controversial inch-deep statements and regurgitated stuff. They fall short of Sando/Cosell level stuff because they're not trying.
Solid point! :th2thumbs:

Schadie001

Reaction score
As far as the Browner vs Maxwell argument. I think it is a a give and take. I would say Browner is a more physical off the LOS corner who is a very good tackler but doesn't recover very well which leads to a lot of holding, contact and interference penalties. Maxwell is also a physical corner just not as much as Browner from the LOS, Maxwell tackles good but isn't the hitter that Browner was. Where he pulls away is his cover skills, he recovers far better than Browner and finds the ball better leading to more broken up pass, ints and far less penalties.

In my mind a physical corner who can cover better > than one who is a hard hitter but is penalized a bunch.

As far as M&M....I can't stand Greenburg and Golic is a moron as well. Greenburg is that guy who never played sports, wanted to hang around the athletes and then thinks he knows everything about it. He's a total pansy for lack of a better word. If I have to hear about his stupid twitter followers and tweets one more time.... The show is much better when someone is guest hosting for him.

trharder

Reaction score
What's sad is our local Bob and Groz on 710 try and emulate M&M. Very similar style and format.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":36psqbay said:
What, you don't like to watch three hours of two bafoons arguing about potato salad, how fat Golic is and the Jets?

That's on the money, LOL. :lol:

kearly

Reaction score
Loved Browner. Maxwell is better. Revis and Sherman are basically on the same level.

Golic forgot about corners 3-6.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":11899n4r said:
You have to understand that while this board's general IQ is pretty high, most football fans in America are closer to the level of that bostonhardo character...soundbite-reliant, impressionable, and tending to make connections where none exist. NFL characters like Golic cater to such audiences with controversial inch-deep statements and regurgitated stuff. They fall short of Sando/Cosell level stuff because they're not trying.

What Pop Warner team you coach?

hannibalking

Reaction score
According to the ESPN picks page, Golic still picked the Seahawks to win though.

Seafan

Reaction score
Mike and Mike do suck. Just two dudes giving their opinions with no reasoning. The only time worth listening is when they have guests on the show.

chris98251

Reaction score
I love it when they say stuff like this, pedestrian, mediocre, average all are great comments, keep that stuff coming guys.

Carter learned from last year...............

rideaducati

Reaction score
If Golic really said that, then he must think Pete Carroll is an idiot. Pete left Maxwell in after Browner's suspension because Maxwell EARNED the starting job and then let Browner leave in free agency.

Browner is more physical, but doesn't cover as well as Maxwell and Browner is one toke away from a one year banishment from the league.

Smellyman

Reaction score
rideaducati":1s21eb2k said:
If Golic really said that, then he must think Pete Carroll is an idiot. Pete left Maxwell in after Browner's suspension because Maxwell EARNED the starting job and then let Browner leave in free agency.

Browner is more physical, but doesn't cover as well as Maxwell and Browner is one toke away from a one year banishment from the league.

This. Not ever mentioned, but Browner never earned his spot back.

Latest posts