Mike Rob Cut?!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uffda":30ex8rbw said:
Freddy P Soft":30ex8rbw said:
Another team will pick him up.

Yep, certain of this.

Him and Lynch had a real sync I thought.

Can always get a good media job if it comes down to that.
Not if he is still fighting a serious virus they won't. I believe he wouldn't have been back for a month or so anyway and this is more about "a roster spot" than anything. Sure the money savings/cap space might be a part of it, but may not be the main reason. It also wouldn't surprise me if he gets brought back at a lower price once he is healthy if they have an open spot due to injury or underperformance (remember Tru last year). This move may turn out to be a stroke of genius in the end if that's the case.

HansGruber

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":21md7f5v said:
And you think we really have 2 starting tight ends right now? Willson had some good moments, but id take McCoy over him any day of the week, given the choice, and McCoy was just a solid backup.

It just seems like to really be a 2 tight end team you need way more depth there.

McGrath and Willson both looked good in the preseason. I was really impressed with both of them. We shouldn't have trouble with our starting TEs this season. Oh and I think both of them are better than McCoy. McGrath could block with just his beard. People could get lost in that thing.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
chevelle03":kg7l2ylz said:
Why so much hate for Hawkblogger?

Because it's well deserved. Dude is beyond full of himself. I've met the guy in person. He thinks he's better than everyone else. And it comes through in his writing tenfold.

He knows a lot more about this team than most on this board. He has the balls to make unpopular predictions about players, and he is right most of the time.

Matt Flynn/Russell Wilson. And no, no he does not. Not even close. The simple fact that he championed Flynn so hard, and hated on Wilson so much takes away any ounce of ability to claim he knows more than average fans. He couldn't have looked stupider last offseason. Not possible. And to make things better, he followed it up with a ridiculous "Aww, poor Matt Flynn didn't get a fair chance" article on his way out the door. Just to serve his own ego. And look what his golden child is doing in Oakland right now!

Plus he's a good writer who puts a ton of time into his blog and writes about things that you won't find anywhere else.

The ONLY thing I will give him is that he puts in a lot of time. But woo hoo, so what? And once again, you're wrong. Go to Field Gulls, read Kearly on this site, English's draft blog, Davis Hsu on twitter. You'll find everything he does plus more.

The thing I find hilarious is that generally the people who blindly follow Hawkblogger tend to be the same types to blindly follow Hugh Millen. People who don't know enough to think on their own, and who don't know better than when to question know it all ego-maniacs who really do not know it all. These people think Hawblogger knows so much because Hawkblogger tells them so. You wanna be dumb enough to buy that, be my guest.

People like this guy take all the fun out of being a fan of a football team. When they're more concerned with looking smarter than others and being right, why the hell should I want to read what that guy has to say? Does nothing but make me hate football and other fans. Like I said, you wanna slobber over people just because they have gigantic egos and tell you they're good, go ahead. But there's nothing gained in life without thinking for yourself. The ability to see past BS is a very valuable trait.

Jville

Reaction score
McCoy was a 275 pound blocking TE that became a productive receiver over the course of the 2012. I expect Willson and McGrath to improve a lot during the season just as McCoy did in 2012. Those are among the 2013 journeys that we can all enjoy.

chevelle03

Reaction score
SeaTown81":2at5om69 said:
chevelle03":2at5om69 said:
Why so much hate for Hawkblogger?

Because it's well deserved. Dude is beyond full of himself. I've met the guy in person. He thinks he's better than everyone else. And it comes through in his writing tenfold.

He knows a lot more about this team than most on this board. He has the balls to make unpopular predictions about players, and he is right most of the time.

Matt Flynn/Russell Wilson. And no, no he does not. Not even close. The simple fact that he championed Flynn so hard, and hated on Wilson so much takes away any ounce of ability to claim he knows more than average fans. He couldn't have looked stupider last offseason. Not possible. And to make things better, he followed it up with a ridiculous "Aww, poor Matt Flynn didn't get a fair chance" article on his way out the door. Just to serve his own ego. And look what his golden child is doing in Oakland right now!

Plus he's a good writer who puts a ton of time into his blog and writes about things that you won't find anywhere else.

The ONLY thing I will give him is that he puts in a lot of time. But woo hoo, so what? And once again, you're wrong. Go to Field Gulls, read Kearly on this site, English's draft blog, Davis Hsu on twitter. You'll find everything he does plus more.

The thing I find hilarious is that generally the people who blindly follow Hawkblogger tend to be the same types to blindly follow Hugh Millen. People who don't know enough to think on their own, and who don't know better than when to question know it all ego-maniacs who really do not know it all. These people think Hawblogger knows so much because Hawkblogger tells them so. You wanna be dumb enough to buy that, be my guest.

People like this guy take all the fun out of being a fan of a football team. When they're more concerned with looking smarter than others and being right, why the hell should I want to read what that guy has to say? Does nothing but make me hate football and other fans. Like I said, you wanna slobber over people just because they have gigantic egos and tell you they're good, go ahead. But there's nothing gained in life without thinking for yourself. The ability to see past BS is a very valuable trait.

So this is what I get for defending someone that writes articles I happen to enjoy. I must be someone that never thinks for himself and is 'slobbering over' and 'blindly following' Hawkblogger. Wow, dude. And for your information I read Field gulls, I read kearly (and I have even remarked on my appreciation for his stuff), and I don't even know who Hugh Millen is.

I prefer Hawkblogger because I think what he brings to the table is more insightful and succinct than what others bring. And I'm not being critical of others, I just happen to prefer Hawkblogger.

I've read every article he has written about Flynn and Wilson. Yes he was wrong about Flynn, but he has always been high on Wilson. And I wasn't saying he is infallible, just that he is right most of the time. I happen to disagree with him a lot, but that doesn't mean that I should discount everything he says and stop reading his articles. I enjoy reading them, that is why I read them! They often bring up things about the team that I would not think about otherwise, and show things from a different angle, and that is a good thing I think. Especially when it is in conjunction with reading other articles about the team. Part of thinking for yourself is being able to hear other people's points of view and using those to form your own thoughts. It's called an educated point of view.

The fact that you took my defense of Hawkblogger to be so horrible that you had to personally attack me is disappointing from a fellow Seahawks fan.

Go Hawks!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":duifv6zr said:
I wish this thread would be more about Michael Robinson and not at all about some other blogger. Who cares. Don't other blogs and sites have places to comment? Everyone makes predictions and are either right or wrong. It doesn't make you smarter than anyone else. Anyone who looked at Robinson's salary knew this was a possibility.

Because some posters are jealous.

McGruff

Reaction score
Cartire":1qt7x02o said:
titan3131":1qt7x02o said:
the bottom line is that mrob fought tooth and nail to gain his way to 240.

being sick for as long as he has been he is going to be down a minimum of 20 lbs and even 4 0if it was serious enough.

No amount of skill or technique can overcome being that light.

he just has to get back on that HGH and hope he doesnt get popped for peds.

No HGH testing right now. He can do it all he wants along with half the league with zero repercussions.

Him being legitimately sick is defiantly the factor here. If he did lose ~20 lbs (which is extremely likely given the severity everyone was reporting it to be), then I guess I can see the front offices decision here. If hes going to be out for the first part of the season, and his position isnt extremely pivitol (only 31% of snaps played last year), then making this move is logical.

I still hate it though. Who else would let Beast Mode watch his kids?

Hmm . . . Unintended consequence . . . Beast is exhausted on game day from having to watch his own kids all week . . .

sc85sis

Reaction score
QUILCENE":1a887hc2 said:
Carrol never ran the offense at USC- he ran the Defense= talk to Sark about that.
Pete was never the OC and didn't handle day to day running of the offense, but the style and philosophy were his. Ask Norm Chow about that.

chris98251

Reaction score
If Robinson has Mono he is going to be out of action for a while based on what I know about it, aside from the sickness, weight loss possible relapses and loss of strength and energy you want to make sure that it is dormant, if memory serves you don't get rid of it and are always at risk of having a re occurance especially shortly after having it. I remember some at school being gone for weeks or even a month or more.

You also need to maintain good rest and keep your immune system healthier then the rest of us for a good while after.

Again this is from memory and those that have a greater understanding feel free to correct me, but if thats what he has then he would have been out a long time given the condition his body needs to be in to perform as a NFL player.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2ruzfzh0 said:
Is his 2.5 million going to allow us to keep some key guys on D? Does it make that much of a difference? Are any of the young guys going to be able to handle MRob's job?
I really have my doubts that JS and PC just drew his name out of a hat.
The decisions these guys are making have probably been well thought out, and wouldn't do anything detrimental to the team, just for the hell of it.
MR just may need to take some R&R, and get his wheels back under him, and too, he might also have been in on the idea of going in a different direction.
I believe we'll be hearing more on this move in the next few weeks or so.

HansGruber

Reaction score
chris98251":itovjy5l said:
If Robinson has Mono he is going to be out of action for a while based on what I know about it, aside from the sickness, weight loss possible relapses and loss of strength and energy you want to make sure that it is dormant, if memory serves you don't get rid of it and are always at risk of having a re occurance especially shortly after having it. I remember some at school being gone for weeks or even a month or more.

You also need to maintain good rest and keep your immune system healthier then the rest of us for a good while after.

Again this is from memory and those that have a greater understanding feel free to correct me, but if thats what he has then he would have been out a long time given the condition his body needs to be in to perform as a NFL player.

Wow, he had mono? If that's the case, then he should never have been in that locker room. That cut would make a lot more sense if that is the case.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
HansGruber":f80aiix9 said:
chris98251":f80aiix9 said:

Wow, he had mono? If that's the case, then he should never have been in that locker room. That cut would make a lot more sense if that is the case.

Nothing official. Pure speculation.

CANHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":85tfxex6 said:
HansGruber":85tfxex6 said:
chris98251":85tfxex6 said:

Nothing official. Pure speculation.

But we didn't see a whole helluva lot of training camp rrr did we..? Last one was uploaded Aug 13 and would've been shot long before then. Wouldn't be surprised if he was kept away in quarantine somewhere