Mike Rob Cut?!!!

pinksheets

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2yw3dwsu said:
pinksheets":2yw3dwsu said:
DavidSeven":2yw3dwsu said:
Harper over Robinson? You gots to be kidding me.
If they like Harper's a good prospect that'll develop, why not? A good WR is far more valuable than a fullback. As awesome as MRob is, his contribution to the team is capped by being one of the least important positions on the football team, and one where similar production isn't really that hard to find.

Ask Lynch how important MRob is
Ask Lynch how different he is from whoever they plug in there later this season. He just doesn't play that important of a position, nor one that we can't find close to the same production for considerably less money, money we can use to resign guys who play vital positions later.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Scottemojo":lv0n7j5h said:
Hawkblogger FTW.

Yeah, the worst part of this is that you know he'll be passively bragging to anyone who will listen that he was right.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Whoever believed the sickness thing was legit is a noob. This one was pretty obvious. PCJS are all business.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3tozfnbr said:
Scottemojo":3tozfnbr said:
Hawkblogger FTW.

Yeah, the worst part of this is that you know he'll be passively bragging to anyone who will listen that he was right.

He already is. Check his Twitter feed.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
This affects us more in the locker room than it does on the football field.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
My snap reaction is that this is a massive error.

My reasoned reaction is that we must not be running less plays with a true FB. Maybe he's just not valuable to us based on how our offensive playbook is evolving. I think, in retrospect, maybe the writing was on the wall with the Ware pick + TEs playing in the backfield at the FB position.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3f3r2a58 said:
Scottemojo":3f3r2a58 said:
Hawkblogger FTW.

Don't worry, he's already on Twitter telling everyone this was "predictable" if they'd read his article and that it shouldn't be a surprise.

:roll:
Same with Davis Hsu. The guy's smart but he's getting very Hawkblogger-ish on Twitter lately

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":905kfxb4 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":905kfxb4 said:
Scottemojo":905kfxb4 said:
Hawkblogger FTW.

Don't worry, he's already on Twitter telling everyone this was "predictable" if they'd read his article and that it shouldn't be a surprise.

:roll:
Same with Davis Hsu. The guy's smart but he's getting very Hawkblogger-ish on Twitter lately

Complaining that people once gave you crap on Twitter is not a good look.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
pinksheets":1czeee4t said:
-The Glove-":1czeee4t said:
pinksheets":1czeee4t said:
DavidSeven said:
Harper over Robinson? You gots to be kidding me.
If they like Harper's a good prospect that'll develop, why not? A good WR is far more valuable than a fullback. As awesome as MRob is, his contribution to the team is capped by being one of the least important positions on the football team, and one where similar production isn't really that hard to find.

Ask Lynch how different he is from whoever they plug in there later this season. He just doesn't play that important of a position, nor one that we can't find close to the same production for considerably less money, money we can use to resign guys who play vital positions later.
Maybe you're right...still sucks either way

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
pcbball12":18ulormv said:
As much as I love Mike Rob, people saying this is going to haunt us are taking it a little far. He plays fullback, which will probably see the field on 25% of offensive snaps this year. Vonte Leach wasn't picked up when cut by the Ravens even though he is probably the best FB in all of football. If Mike Rob doesn't get claimed (which is actually pretty likely to happen) then we can bring him back at a cheaper contract. Either way, not really freaked out by this move.

-The Glove-":18ulormv said:

I hope we do get resign him if this is a ploy for money.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I don't necessarily see this as a bad move. 'Cause I think he'll be back.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Man... he should have gotten out of Lynch's face with that camera when Beast mode told him too! You don't listen to beast and this is what happens!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
pcbball12":sjiyy305 said:
As much as I love Mike Rob, people saying this is going to haunt us are taking it a little far. He plays fullback, which will probably see the field on 25% of offensive snaps this year. Vonte Leach wasn't picked up when cut by the Ravens even though he is probably the best FB in all of football. If Mike Rob doesn't get claimed (which is actually pretty likely to happen) then we can bring him back at a cheaper contract. Either way, not really freaked out by this move.
This.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Is his 2.5 million going to allow us to keep some key guys on D? Does it make that much of a difference? Are any of the young guys going to be able to handle MRob's job?

mretrade

Reaction score
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_1PMEfUMQI[/youtube]