Mike Salk goes in on Richard Sherman

Mistashoesta

Reaction score

"... If he had, he would have learned that this was just a few pictures and that plenty remain. He’d know that the Doug Baldwin jersey is still there. He’d know that the majority of what came down were signs bearing the slogans that were specific to Pete. Mike Macdonald might want his players to be “all in,” but maybe he has a different way of messaging it? I guess he never bothered to ask. Why? Because…

• 2. Richard Sherman doesn’t care about the Seahawks. At all. He’s made that clear many times in many ways. He doesn’t care about the franchise, the fans, or anyone else. What he cares about is Richard Sherman. And that is why he’s spouting off.

If he cared about the team, he’d know that a new coach needs to forge his own path. He’d listen to a respected player like Williams explain how much he relishes the opportunity to build something new. He’d think about this from the perspective of the franchise rather than simply his own. He’d think like the winner he was on the field rather than the person who’s taken a series of (alleged) L’s off of it".

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Never been a big Salk fan, but he's very on point here. Richard cares about himself, not much else. He doesn't give two sh*** about the Hawks.
If it's not about him, he will whine like a 5-year-old. His act grew old long ago.
Yup - Sherm's a douche alright.

I just love the irony that he joined the Thursday night broadcast after railing against thursday night games as the NFLPA rep.

Double standard much? He's just an idiot now.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I like Sherm, but he's showing his age in not understanding the wisdom or overall goal in what Coach Macdonald is doing.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I get ex players will defend the coach that drafted them, made them millionaires and won them a ring. The way Sherman went about it though isn't right. You can question the methods but all he had to say was 'I wish the new guy luck' if he did have affinity. All he's doing is putting a young coaching staff under pressure.

Hard facts though- Pete had 1 play off win after super bowl 49 which was 10 years ago and it was against an injury plagued team. The team that lost to Dallas had potential but was too stubborn in the run. In those 10 years it feels like we've been outsmarted and at times outcoached by the 49ers and Rams. Something had to change. We've been stuck in a middle ground for a while now where we don't stink but have no danger of contending.

Will the new coach be good? Time will tell but they had to try something different. You can't cling to the past. To win a ring you need to have an edge at something and a bit of luck.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I loved watching that slow mofo get torched in SF 😅
I got a lot of enjoyment out of watching that big play to Watkins setting up the game winning TD. It's funny that Sherm is speaking so strongly on defending the way things were being done by Pete cause he's the same guy that said the Seahawks way had gotten "tired" the off-season he got cut and went to the Niners

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Sherm, I love what you did to bring the Seahawks a championship and all the things you did on the field here but it's time for you to F off with this crap. It makes you look like a self-absorbed loser.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Sherman is a diagnosable narcissist. We just tolerated it when was beneficial to us. But it was always there. He’s always been a very insecure and emotionally dysfunctional immature boy.

He drinks to cover his insecurity and fear. He then drives cars afterward because he thinks the rules don’t apply to him. Then reality comes in and he either bails or plays victim.

warden

Reaction score
Drama sells. Shock reporting even though it is BS gets more hits. Sherman is just doing that. It is his job. It is also why I don’t listen to most media outlets when it comes to the Seahawks

My favorite Seahawk media people are Wyman, Raible, Walter and Moyer. They still do old fashioned analysis

cymatica

Reaction score
I bet he's worried that a new up and coming defensive mind might build a defense that overshadows the LOB. His ego just can't handle the possibility.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I bet he's worried that a new up and coming defensive mind might build a defense that overshadows the LOB. His ego just can't handle the possibility.

I just think he hasn't fully grown up or have the ability to either understand perspectives or accept different perspectives.

He is right that fans are spoiled because some are. But I don't think he fully understands that fans will always act like and it's human nature. He also doesn't understand that it is super ironic to call certain fans spoiled and not grateful.

I still respect him as a player but dude needs to grow up. Marshawn Lynch does a great job of it.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I don’t agree with a lot of Salk’s takes but in regards to this, Salk, is 100 percent, correct.

Sherm, for whatever reasons, are still very bitter towards Seattle.

It seems Sherman’s animosity towards Seattle is more of a personal vendetta, as Sherman, continues to feel slighted or disrespected by the Seahawks for whatever reason.

Even though the Seahawks gave Sherman his opportunity to blossom his NFL playing career, he still holds some kind of resentment and hatred towards the franchise that drafted him.

Also, the same franchise he got his ring from…too bad. It is what it is.

knownone

Reaction score
Salk is right. Sherman has made it pretty clear that he thinks Seattle fans owe him something. Whenever someone disagrees with him, he disparages them by describing how Seattle was nothing before he arrived. He takes every little thing as a slight against him. He's toxic. Not worth following. Not worth engaging with. Not worth taking seriously.

JPatera76

Reaction score
He’s rode the pine post Seattle than anything so really post Seattle wtf has he even done

Last edited:

Latest posts