Mike Wallace released by Minnesota

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Thread should be moot now that Kearse is back. If any other WR's join the team they'll be drafted

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2feaan55 said:
Thread should be moot now that Kearse is back. If any other WR's join the team they'll be drafted

Yup.

themunn

Reaction score
Maulbert":1j6uui4n said:
I'm just going to point out that Wallace hasn't had a great season since he played opposite Brown. Pittsburgh clearly made the right choice.

2014 he had 10 TDs - matching his career high?

He wasn't the right fit for Minnesota because he's a deep ball threat, and was at a team where the QB doesn't have a deep ball.

Maulbert

Reaction score
themunn":32l8otw7 said:
Maulbert":32l8otw7 said:
I'm just going to point out that Wallace hasn't had a great season since he played opposite Brown. Pittsburgh clearly made the right choice.

2014 he had 10 TDs - matching his career high?

He wasn't the right fit for Minnesota because he's a deep ball threat, and was at a team where the QB doesn't have a deep ball.

10 is good, but TD totals can be incidental unless you have a high volume of catches.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
The Ravens make an awful lot of sense for Wallace. I was wondering who my new mid-round fantasy draft bargain would be after Martavis got banned. I think I've found my answer.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":16y5617m said:
The Ravens make an awful lot of sense for Wallace. I was wondering who my new mid-round fantasy draft bargain would be after Martavis got banned. I think I've found my answer.

Agreed.. he's actually a perfect fit in Baltimore. They sorely missed Torrey Smith and he fits that role for them. If Steve Smith can rebound from his Achilles' injury, the Ravens should bounce back in a big way.