Minkah Fitzpatrick

jmahon316

Reaction score
I don't really see anyone giving a first round pick for him, that's just way too steep as of right now in the season. I could see him going for a 2nd and later pick though -- probably a 2nd and a 4th or 5th.

Although if JS somehow pulls off something similar to a Clowney type robbery, I would have to check my pulse to make sure I wasn't dreaming

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'd trade a second rounder for him. He's a stud slot corner who can POSSIBLY develop into a franchise FS. We already know he can lock down slot, though.

Proven talent coming cheap with club control for years? 22 years old? Cool, I'll take that all day. Not paying a 1st for a slot corner, though.

knownone

Reaction score
Miami reporters are saying Minkah will likely be traded in the next 48 hours. Supposedly, three playoff teams are currently in advanced talks to trade for him. It sounds like we're in the mix.

If the coaching staff thinks Minkah is a difference maker at safety, then he's probably worth a first round pick given how his contract is structured. According to Field Yates, his post trade salary/cap hit in 2019-2021 would be $1.23M, $1.98M and $2.27M...

If you can get a proven commodity for that amount of money, he's definitely worth the pick.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I hoped the Hawks would get him, but not for 1st.

My goodness the Dolphins suck. But they should have enough juice to insure they can trade up for the first overall pick, if they don't earn it the old fashioned way.