MLB Playoffs Thread & Extra Games

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Essentially must win for the Dodgers Fri. Hopefully they can at least win 2 out of 3 in LA to keep the series interesting.

I remember the '96 Series when Atlanta jumped out to a 2-0 lead and the damn Yankees then won 4 in a row and it all started with them gaining a little momentum and building on it. I don't see that happening here but still rooting for the Dodgers. Bueller going against Porcello Fri and Rich Hill vs. Eovaldi likely Sat. Kershaw slated for Sun if we get there.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Unbelievable game last night. I caught the last...9 innings! 18 hard fought tough innings. Lot of resilience by the Dodgers and they have a chance to make this a very interesting series. Hill expected tonight for LA and either Rodriguez or Sale for Bos.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1zf7e6au said:
Unbelievable game last night. I caught the last...9 innings! 18 hard fought tough innings. Lot of resilience by the Dodgers and they have a chance to make this a very interesting series. Hill expected tonight for LA and either Rodriguez or Sale for Bos.

One of the best WS games I can remember. Go Sox!

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah one of the best WS games last night. It depends what you consider best. Technically it was some terrible baseball, neither team could hit. Both runs that scored were from lead off walks, and both scored on throwing errors. I think there were 34 strikeouts in that game. But it was definitely an exciting game. I just hate this new age baseball where there are really only three common results: walk, HR, and strikeout. The ball just isn’t being put in play often.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Why in the world did Roberts take Hill out so damn early?? 6 1/3, only 1 hit, just 91 pitches and a 4 run lead. He was just cruising out there and instead Roberts elects to put in a series of tired relievers. He could've used Hill through 8 and have Jansen close, give up a homer still and they're fine. Classic and costly over-managing.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2t5jqkuy said:
Why in the world did Roberts take Hill out so damn early?? 6 1/3, only 1 hit, just 91 pitches and a 4 run lead. He was just cruising out there and instead Roberts elects to put in a series of tired relievers. He could've used Hill through 8 and have Jansen close, give up a homer still and they're fine. Classic and costly over-managing.

Roberts is awful,, all he does is out manage himself. No idea why he would take Hill out so early especially with how taxes the bullpen was from last night.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":k4i896ti said:
West TX Hawk":k4i896ti said:

Roberts is awful,, all he does is out manage himself. No idea why he would take Hill out so early especially with how taxes the bullpen was from last night.

Now they're going to face sale and a fresher bullpen from the Sox tomorrow. Do Damage! Go Sox

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Well that's the season. Kudos to Boston on another title. Their lineup was incredible with stellar starting pitching and a lights out pen with the most power arms I've ever seen. Much respect to the Dodgers for a great year that fell short again.

Latest posts