MLB

Mick063

Reaction score
The team needs depth at defensive tackle and inside linebacker for sure. I want to see how this current front seven plays as a group before I draw any conclusions. The preseason has drastically changed as a format to evaluate players. In other words, I don't think a reasonable assessment can be made until about four games into the season. I think Bush may be the most intriguing new addition. I have no idea what the team is going to get from him. The front seven may look rough the first couple of weeks. A lot of new faces playing together for the first time. Bobby can really help to hold it together early.

Last edited:
OP
OP
12AngryHawks

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Isnt bush technically a MLB?

Why do I keep forgetting that he's on the roster? I keep thinking that Wagner & Brooks are all they got, and given that Brooks is still recovering & Wagner is on a one year deal, that they needed more. But they already got one, goes to show how attentive I am.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
View attachment 59167

Why do I keep forgetting that he's on the roster? I keep thinking that Wagner & Brooks are all they got, and given that Brooks is still recovering & Wagner is on a one year deal, that they needed more. But they already got one, goes to show how attentive I am.

Brooks, Wagner, Bush, Vi Jones, Jon Rhattagan. Not sure we need much more depth.
50% of the time we only play one off ball LB.

Mick063

Reaction score
Brooks, Wagner, Bush, Vi Jones, Jon Rhattagan. Not sure we need much more depth.
50% of the time we only play one off ball LB.
The way the team is building, it looks like two off ball linebackers. They didn't extend Brooks. Bush may be a guy they move on from if his play doesn't match his contract. This is often the case for veteran free agents, players not on a rookie deal, as their first year is often a "prove it" type situation (like Nwosu did). There are countless examples of teams moving on from "multi-year-contract with an out" free agent acquisitions after just their first year. I'm not sold on Rhattagan for anything more than depth and special teams. Unless Brooks comes back to his former self and renews with a team friendly deal, I just don't see a "tackling machine" dude on the roster unless they keep signing Bobby to a string of one year deals.

Plus........29th against the run last year. That is a direct reflection of inside linebacker play. No matter who is on the roster, you will see roster churn until that ranking improves. The off-ball linebacker position is a position in turmoil until some proven consistency can be found.

I hope it all works as planned. Bush surprises everyone. Brooks comes back like new and signs a multiyear deal. Bobby turns in an All-Pro performance. Then you could say with certainty that the team is deep at the position. If that happens, I could easily envision the Seahawks in the NFC title game.

Last edited:

Throwdown

Reaction score
I hope so, having the ghost of Bobby Wagner out there and Devin God damn Bush sounds scary af and not in a good way.

Bush scares me the most, I hated the signing.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I hope so, having the ghost of Bobby Wagner out there and Devin God damn Bush sounds scary af and not in a good way.

Spot on. Bush was a horrible signing and will disappoint a lot of folks on here I'm afraid.
Hope we're wrong

bileever

Reaction score

I'm more optimistic about Devin Bush. It's not like the guy was a bust--he had a good rookie year, and then wasn't as good after recovering from his ACL injury and then injuring his foot last year. That's not surprising. Still, he's only 24 and we only signed him to a 1-year deal. The Steelers didn't want to sign him to the $10.9 million option, but we're getting him for a lot less ($3.5 million), and that price reflects that there was a healthy market for him this off season. If he can return to form, it will be a steal.

Bush was the 10th pick in the 2019 draft. The guy is a play maker. In his rookie year, in 15 starts, he had 2 interceptions and 4 fumble recoveries and finished 3rd in defensive rookie of the year voting.

Latest posts