Moffitt absent from OTA due to being in court

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
Guard John Moffitt, however, was absent, which is likely the result of two criminal charges he's facing for trespassing and obstruction of law enforcement. There was a hearing in Bellevue District Court on Tuesday afternoon
http://mynorthwest.com/292/2283814/Lync ... ahawks-OTA

Silly boy. I wonder if Moff could find himself pretty far into the dog house and could be fighting for his spot on the roster this year

drdiags

Reaction score
The charges stem from an incident last summer, in case some thought the offense is recent as I am sure PFT will spin it.

drdiags

Reaction score
HighlandHawk":1o665v07 said:
Any idea what the incident was? It always sounds so serious when put into legal terms

Bob Condotta Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 1h

Seahawks OL John Moffitt missed today's OTA while in court charged with misdemeanor criminal trespass and obstruction. ...

Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 1h

... cases date to June and August of 2012.

Not sure what he did exactly but I see from Curtis Crabtree's twitter that he is looking at the online Court document for details. Sounds like some fratboy partying stuff to me. Probably drinking and refusing to leave an establishment or who knows. Just a WAG on my part.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
As if I needed any further reason to doubt Moffitt.

Fits right in with his behavior on "Real Rob Report" and "Fresh Files", the adderall suspension and his desire to come across as a big goof instead of a solid guard in the NFL.

No wonder a 7th round rookie DT conversion project took snaps away from him last season.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Moffit is either joking around or getting into trouble. Those are the only two modes he knows.

kearly

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2gjhtrfo said:

Fits right in with his behavior on "Real Rob Report" and "Fresh Files", the adderall suspension and his desire to come across as a big goof instead of a solid guard in the NFL.

No wonder a 7th round rookie DT conversion project took snaps away from him last season.

I think Moffitt's only real problem is that he's already basically at his ceiling, which is average, and he's competing with Sweezy, who's upside is enormous. Moffitt was never an upside pick, I still wonder to this day if that pick was truly Tom Cable's idea or not. That plus Cable seems to treat Moffitt like the stepson of the O-line group.

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
"per Oneil- Moffitt caught urinating in public at Bellevue Square- told not to come back- came back at another time at restaurant- got tagged"

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
kearly":2ehynk48 said:
FlyingGreg":2ehynk48 said:

I think Moffitt's only real problem is that he's already basically at his ceiling, which is average, and he's competing with Sweezy, who's upside is enormous. Moffitt was never an upside pick, I still wonder to this day if that pick was truly Tom Cable's idea or not. That plus Cable seems to treat Moffitt like the stepson of the O-line group.

Agreed.

drdiags

Reaction score
Some more info

Danny 710ESPNSeattle ‏@BrocknDanny 23m
John Moffitt's two misdemeanor charges stem from his violation of a no-trespass order at Bellevue Square:

Davis Hsu ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 12m
per Oneil- Moffitt caught urinating in public at Bellevue Square- told not to come back- came back at another time at restaurant- got tagged

A man gotta go when a man gotta go.

EDIT: Just saw Seahawksfan425's post.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Seahawksfan425":23zag7w5 said:
"per Oneil- Moffitt caught urinating in public at Bellevue Square- told not to come back- came back at another time at restaurant- got tagged"

bahahaha I really like this dude. this is the most interesting squad of characters we've ever had by far. gotta take the good with the bad though for this level of entertainment.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Enough is enough with John.

The Hawks should let him go.

Football is not his #1 priority.

It's sad because NFL football and the Hawks success means more to us than it does to him.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2zxmuk7e said:
his desire to come across as a big goof instead of a solid guard in the NFL.
:roll:

What an absolutely ridiculous ignorant comment. Just stupid to think you know what he thinks and how he feels.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1ze324gx said:
Football is not his #1 priority.
Just stop. The ignorance by some is amazing. Such a dumb comment

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2p7txl55 said:
FlyingGreg":2p7txl55 said:
his desire to come across as a big goof instead of a solid guard in the NFL.
:roll:

What an absolutely ridiculous ignorant comment. Just stupid to think you know what he thinks and how he feels.

Wahhhhhh....it's an opinion, not a statement on his life. Calm down and stop sniffing his jock strap. Let me guess, you have a Moffitt doll and Fathead in your room?

His track record speaks for itself, without question. I guess you missed the part last season where the 7th round DT convert took snaps away from him? Adderall suspension, can't beat out a 7th round rookie, acting like a fool now this.

When he starts bringing it on the field, then I'll give him a break. In the meantime...tough sh*t.

Un-knot your underoos. The blind fanboy love for players is ignorant.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Seahawksfan425":22o84dr7 said:

This happened to me once at college and I played roshambo with the campus police officers for my freedom and won.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
who hasn't been caught or narrowly avoided being caught peeing somewhere you weren't supposed to be peeing? This could happen to anybody with a wiener... or a drunk girl. drunk girls like to pee in weird places too.

Latest posts