Mr. Wilson, live and in person

oldschlhwkfn

Reaction score
just returned from the russell wilson passing academy over her in spokaloo. the day camp seemed well organized and their were about 50 to 70 kids, various ages. looks like russell recruited several players from EWU to help out and assist. it was the first time for me to see him live and in person. from a distance (and if he's standing by himself)
dude is built like a linebacker. he also seems like a natural leader and had a great rapport with all the kids in each group. he definitely has the bark of a QB, I could hear his barks from across the field a few times. I have to admit
I was a little disappointed at the of his camp as I was hoping to get a pic or a sig but he quickly ducked into a small
out building without signing anything. about 20 mins later his ride showed up, pulled along side the door to the building and he literally dove into the passenger side without signing anything. oh well, I'm sure he had his reasons for not staying longer. he's a busy man, and he's OUR QB, next time.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
disappointed at what?

have to keep in mind if these guys took time to sign autographs every time they went out in public they would go insane and their arm muscles would be dead by the time the season started.

OP
OP
O

oldschlhwkfn

Reaction score
I did say a "little", but u r correct I think this is his 3rd or 4th camp this year,
can't imagine how many times he's signed his name over the past year.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
The news last night said he signed plenty of autographs the first day. So yeah, I bet he was just pressed for time.

kearly

Reaction score
I never got the fan obsession with autographs anyway- other than the possibility of financial gain if he signed a card or a football. Just getting to shake his hand while looking him in the eye would be more than enough to keep me warm on a cold winter's night.

Steve2222

Reaction score
kearly":2x6sn7cd said:
I never got the fan obsession with autographs anyway- other than the possibility of financial gain if he signed a card or a football. Just getting to shake his hand while looking him in the eye would be more than enough to keep me warm on a cold winter's night.

This. Even as a kid I wasn't into autographs.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I'm not in to autographs either. Although, it was very cool going through my late uncle's stuff after he passed. I ran across an envelope marked "autographs". I didn't think there would be anything good in it, but the first autograph I pulled out was Muhammad Ali's. It was from 1965 before his fight with Sonny Liston. The very next autograph I pulled out was that of Sonny Liston... I guess they were both at an event promoting the fight. I'm still not in to autographs, but I thought that was pretty cool.

Chrismv41985

Reaction score
My fiance managed to snag a Russell,autograph on a softball at the Sherman game this past weekend. She just walked down to the dug out area and tossed him the ball, he signed it and tossed it back. Now that I think about, I guess in a way she got to catch a pass from him. Damn her, i'm jealous now! :th2thumbs:

Latest posts