Must Listen:Wyman/Bob-Cliff Avril Bump Stacy...

ivotuk

Reaction score
WYMAN AND BOB -- Cliff Avril

Former Seahawks defensive lineman Cliff Avril joins Dave and Bob in studio for the entire hour to talk about what he has been up to in his post-football playing career.

Cliff weighs in on the struggles of the Seahawks defensive line last season and how the players they drafted can help those issues.

Avril gives his thoughts on what the current defense looks like with Bobby Wagner back in the fold.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Bump and Stacy - A look into Seattle's draft war room with John Boyle of Seahawks.com

What were the most interesting observations John Boyle of Seahawks.com had from his time spent in the Seahawks draft war room? He joins Bump and Stacy to share at the start of hour three.

In NFL Headlines, did we get our first leak of the NFL schedule.

What I Need to Know caps off hour three.

Bump and Stacy - Can the Seahawks build a great D-line without stars?

The Seahawks have invested plenty of draft capital into the defensive line over the last few seasons, so can the collective group grow into a great unit while they lack star power? Bump and Stacy discuss to open hour two.

In Four Down Territory, what's something about the new NFL schedule that Bump isn't a fan of?

On The Timeline, someone at ESPN wishes they could do-over the NHL's draft lottery.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Cliff Avril: What Seahawks’ Taylor needs to become ‘better than me’

Now, Taylor is set to enter his fourth season, which is also the last year of his rookie contract. What does the Tennessee product need to improve upon?

“I think consistency (is the main thing for him),” Avril said. “And I tell all these guys this every time I meet with them, I’m like, ‘Consistency is the name of the game,’ right?”

That goes well beyond just increasing the amount of sacks that Taylor gets in 2023, Avril said.

“Making the quarterback uncomfortable in the pocket might not necessarily show up in the stat, but a coach will take a guy that gets you eight sacks but has 50 hurries in a season over a guy that gets you 15 sacks and that’s all he gets you for the season,” Avril said. Per Pro Football Reference, Taylor had 21 hurries in 2021 and 20 in 2022.

If Taylor does get more consistent, Avril sees some very big things for the young pass-rusher.

Jville

Reaction score
"You have to practice tackling in order to tackle." - Cliff Avril

I, for one, think the game will continue to go down hill because of insufficient practice. - Jville.