My 2015 draft Man Crush

hawknation2014

Reaction score
HawkinNY":2dwydlts said:
Gordon reminds me more of Chris Johnson then Peterson.

In terms of his size (6'1, 215), upright, slashing running style, and vision, Petersen is a better comparison than Chris Johnson. I am guessing his speed is also more similar to Petersen (4.40) than Johnson (4.24).

cover-2

Reaction score
My guy this year is Baylor DE Shawn Oakman. Oakman is 6-9 280 lbs and athletic for his size. He is roughly the same size as Arizona DE Calais Campbell was coming out of college. He is my #1 player on my Seahawks prospect watch list.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9850961

[youtube]T6B9UWxpAzk[/youtube]

20131021 kkt aj4 6130

940x

Ncf u bayts 400x600

ivotuk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2c2ed011 said:
14 carries for 145 yards so far. Nice lite 10 yards per carry. Plus a 100 yard kickoff return.

He's the difference in this game and the main reason Georgia's winning.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3l20f6jb said:
14 carries for 145 yards so far. Nice lite 10 yards per carry. Plus a 100 yard kickoff return.

And his 15th carry is another 53 yard te run. Dude is fun to watch.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I still think drafting a RB in Round 1 is foolish unless...

You draft Todd Gurley.

What a stud.

cover-2

Reaction score
cover-2":2o54mlp9 said:
My guy this year is Baylor DE Shawn Oakman. Oakman is 6-9 280 lbs and athletic for his size. He is roughly the same size as Arizona DE Calais Campbell was coming out of college. He is my #1 player on my Seahawks prospect watch list.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9850961

[youtube]T6B9UWxpAzk[/youtube]

20131021 kkt aj4 6130

940x

Ncf u bayts 400x600

Oakman had a great game; 2 sacks, 2 tackles for loss, 1 forced fumble, & 6 tackles.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Early crushes based on what I saw from watching 2013:

1. Cameron Erving. I am higher on him than many. I can see us looking at him as a reload of Okung if we opt to move on from the big guy.

2. Brandon Scherff. He is probably the blend of talent and attitude. A real mauler who possesses excellent strength. Not as fluid/athletic as Erving.

3. Danny Shelton. Seattle needs to replenish the big muscle in the middle. Mebane has been excellent for a very long time. Some redundancy here would be preferred.

The two tackles I think will go fairly high. The OT class looks like it's stacked for a third straight year. I expect I'll form new crushes as the season goes on.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Unfortunately because of Christine Michael being relatively new, the chances they pick Gurley even if he's there are slim. There are plenty of teams looking for rbs ahead of them. Raiders, Jags, Falcons, Browns, Jets, etc all could be in the market for running backs next year. Plenty of teams with aging rbs.

cover-2

Reaction score
After week one the following players are guys I was impressed with,

Michigan WR/TE Devin Funchess is already a household name and I was kind of luke warm on him as a propect. But, he had a great game and had a great TD catch over two defenders. He had problems with drops last year, hopefully he can be more consistent catching the ball this year. He is athletic for his size, 6-5 230 lbs, it is highly unlikely he will be available for us at the end of round 1.

14898273988 a34398a7a2

Miami LT Ereck Flowers started at RT as a true freshman and last year he started at LT. Flowers has good size at 6-6 324 lbs, he has a good kick slide, good balance, good at combo blocks, good at getting to the second level, and he has a mean streak. Based on one game, he looks like a future 1st round draft pick.

DLYSPHCGPGEERAK.20130930221201.jpg

AATFTODYECMGKPS.20121119171820.jpg

My last guy of course is Baylor DE Shawn Oakman.

Ncf u texas baylor2 mb 300x300

The above players I went into the game to specifically watch them, but the one player that jumped off the screen who I didn't know about was Kentucky FS A.J. Stamps. Stamps played CB the last two years at a junior college, but this year Kentucky made him a FS. He was flying around making plays all over the field. He had 8 tackles, 1 TFL, and a great interception. He looks like he has good acceleration, great range, and he showed good ball skills. At 6-0 199 lbs, Stamps isn't the biggest guy, but he seems to make for it with grit.

[youtube]q1x95ZvNxDk[/youtube]

5403b97265ff7.image.jpg

randomation

Reaction score
MG3 is amazing the line we have this year is awful we have no qb and he is still on track for a 2k season if we didn't have MG3 at Wisc I'm pretty sure this year would literally be a throw away

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Melvin Gordon already has 14 TDs and has hit the 1,000 rushing yards mark while averaging 7.9 yards per carry. Teams are loading up the box on him, but he's still on pace for 2,000 rushing yards this year.

From the games I have watched, Gordon does appear to have some consistency issues . . . but his ceiling is extremely high.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Danny Shelton.

Oh man, would love to see him in the middle of our D-Line. Crushing the run.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
mbtitleist":1unvoslu said:
It's a homer pick but I'd love to see Leonard Williams on the Seahawks next year.

He does have an injury history, but it's hard to see him falling to us. He's too good of an athlete. I too would like to see them draft a beast three or five technique to replace what McDonald/Bryant brought to the team last year.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'm sure I'll run afoul with the character flag police, but I'll admit my guilty pleasure prospect crush is Dorial Green-Beckham.

And it's really not even close. He could easily be the best player in the entire draft. Not based on random what if scenarios. He's demonstrated flashes of that kind of separation from the field.

Tape on him is very limited. But what tape there is is purely orgasmic. Flashes a wide range of dominant skills at a position of extreme impact. Good to great hands, contested catches, body catches when appropriate, leaping ability with body control. Ability to stick his foot in the ground and separate on come backs. Ability to cut his in routes sharply to separate. Size. Length. A guy who if he gets his house in order and simply develops consistency -- has multi year all pro quality. And while I do like other safer prospects in this draft (such as Kevin White), I can't shake free of the tantalizing nature of DGB's play. I can't help but think that White is the Al Toon to DGB's Jerry Rice.

I'd expect Seattle to get some reliable information from Britt who was his team mate at Missouri.